carat
color
clarity

3.41 tcw Studs From BGD

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A huge thank you to Miss Lesley of BGD!

I ordered these two stones from BGD this past weekend, they are both from the Brian Gavin Blue Line:
Stone 1: AGS 1.70 H/SI2 7.67×7.71×4.74
Stone 2: AGS 1.71 H/SI1 7.69×7.72×4.70
They will be set in the Handmade Platinum Martini Earrings

Hopefully they will be here in about a week!!!

0_BGD_341tcw_studs_02.jpg

0_BGD_341tcw_studs_03.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful~ can't wait to see the ear shots of those~ :appl:

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
Lovely--but doesn't a three prong setting make you nervous?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope I had a pair of 3.2 G/VS studs for several years (they were recently stolen) they were set in 3 prong settings.

Also to be honest I feel pretty sure that Lesley would tell me if the setting would be an issue with that size stone. I worked with her on another project (a pendent setting for an aquamarine) in March and she and Brian were both excellent asking a number of questions and allowing me to go into detail about what was desired. It was much the same this time I must have sent her half a dozen emails before picking those two stones... This is a business transaction for BGD, if they ship me earrings that are not set in a safe sound way I will be upset and less likely to purchase from them in the future, and I am less likely to give them word of mouth advertising which is the very best kind. So...I feel pretty confidant that they will safe and sound when they get here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a gorgeous pair! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yowza! Those will be quite a pair.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cokitty|1307499620|2940420 said:
Nope I had a pair of 3.2 G/VS studs for several years (they were recently stolen) they were set in 3 prong settings.

Also to be honest I feel pretty sure that Lesley would tell me if the setting would be an issue with that size stone. I worked with her on another project (a pendent setting for an aquamarine) in March and she and Brian were both excellent asking a number of questions and allowing me to go into detail about what was desired. It was much the same this time I must have sent her half a dozen emails before picking those two stones... This is a business transaction for BGD, if they ship me earrings that are not set in a safe sound way I will be upset and less likely to purchase from them in the future, and I am less likely to give them word of mouth advertising which is the very best kind. So...I feel pretty confidant that they will safe and sound when they get here.

Congratulations on those beautilicious studs!! :love: :love: I'd love to hear abt the fluor effect on the stones. I purchased a "blue" stone from BGD too but haven't seen it in person yet (it's being set into a ring).

I have to tell you something: I also have 3-prong martini studs (stones are from BGD, but settings were from LM). Granted my ring from LM has never had any problem (touch wood), but one of the prongs on my studs came loose recently (despte them being very tight intially) and I discovered it just in time. It was quite nerve -wracking! Had I not discovered the loose prong, I may have lost the stone. You'd think that a piece of jewellery from someone as skilful as LM (or one of his benchmen) would not suffer from this problem, but I think that all prongs, sooner or later would become loose with time and wear and tear. So it may be worthwhile to check yr prongs from time to time, just to be on the safe side. My two cents.

Wear then in great health. Can't wait to see the earshots.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOHHH so glad to see you bought that H Si2. You have to tell me when you see it whether it is eye clean. Satisfy my curiosity, I was briefly thinking of it for an upgrade.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous studs. :appl:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! Amazing! Ear shots ASAP, please! :love: :love: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
seriously amazing pair of studs!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there any words to describe how awesome this pair of studs is? :love: :love: :love: Wear them in good health, they are gorgeous :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are going to make some beautiful earrings.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can't wait to see ear shots. They're beautiful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply amazing, beautiful!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
What a great pair of studs they are going to be!! Beautiful stones! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are going to be spectacular! I can't wait to see them on your lobes. With those, I'm pretty sure you will have maxed out your lobe real estate!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are going to be the most amazing earrings! I would love to have one or two of Brian's blue line. Amazing. Congratulations!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers! I love them.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Those studs are totally FABULOUS!!!!
I can't wait to see pictures, lots and LOTS of pictures!!! :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Cannot wait to drool over pictures of these studs on your ears. What size! :love: :love: :love: Totally jealous!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks y'all! Now for the hard part, waiting for them to be created! I know it is worth the wait but... :devil: I want them now!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

:love: :love: :love:

Want.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!!! Stunning..... just amazing!!! :love: :love: :love:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got the email from BGD, they have shipped!!!! Now how do I wait until after work Monday to get them?!!?!?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BGD Pictures of the completed earrings.

BrianGavin_Martini1b_061011.jpg

BrianGavin_Martini2b_061011.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1307508626|2940512 said:
OOOOHHH so glad to see you bought that H Si2. You have to tell me when you see it whether it is eye clean. Satisfy my curiosity, I was briefly thinking of it for an upgrade.
They are both eye-clean! I am so relieved they are just yummy in person!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pictures

0341tcwbgdbluestuds_01.jpg

0341tcwbgdbluestuds_02.jpg

0341tcwbgdbluestuds_03.jpg

0341tcwbgdbluestuds_04.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ear Shots