shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your AVCs, 6x6mm on a 5-6 finger pretty please

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. This is a combination of the real life perspective and the glorious AVC threads.

We are beginning to think about possibly buying an AVC :appl: - my all time favourite cut. I've been brooding over the listings and fiddling around with rulers and graph paper ( :rolleyes: ) because I'm trying to get a handle on what a 6x6 stone (.80/.90) would actually look like on my 5.25/5.5 finger. :confused:

We can't afford to go bigger - and I'm curious to see how this works in reality. I have to say that the graph paper and tape look just faaaahb!!! Light return's a tad different 'tho.

Being on the other side of the Atlantic makes things a little trickier and I'd really like to get a better idea before we take this further :tongue:

I'm in an emotie mood.

Very big thanks :wavey: to anyone who can be bothered to upload and I'd particularly like to see both close ups and at a more natural distance if poss.

Abi

slg47

Ideal_Rock
not an avc.

5.82 x 5.81 mm, finger size 5. hope this helps!

IMG_0239.jpg IMG_0114.jpg slg3stone.jpg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much SIG, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of size. But may I ask you if that is an august vintage cushion? I'm seeing a different facet pattern I think? One of my questions is how does the cut perform in the smaller sizes.

I appreciate your taking the time to upload - cheers for that

Abi

Pic1.jpg

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dani - I've often drooled over that thread, it was what I was referring to when i started this one. But most aren't the size I'm thinking of and generally the photos are quite large. i'm really trying to work out how a 6x6 or slightly under would look on my finger - soooo hard to do this long distance :(sad

So i'm really hoping for images of that sort of dimension on a 5.5 finger.

Mayflower, thanks so very much - that's ideal. Very helpful. so I think I'm looking at one third of the finger being covered, top down my finger is 15mm wide.

Any other shots would be very appreciated.

Cheers all

ed to add, Sig, sorry I missed your line saying it wasn't an AVC - being dozy, sorry

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results