shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from NYC with a new Tanzanite treasure

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Introducing the "Manhattan Velvet" as I call it. An 8.56 carat, 12 x 12 face-up, cushion-cut tanzanite from Paraiba International. I went to NYC hoping to find the right stone and after spending an hour with very patient and helpful Adam, I selected this stunner. I am very pleased with my purchase! The stone is fabulous and Adam was wonderful to work with!

Some of you may remember my tanzanite ring (pictured). The tanzanite in my ring is a 3.98 carat cushion cut. The two stones are very well matched in color and shape. I'm planning on having this new stone set into a necklace. Not a pendant, but a necklace. I have a parcel of 22 (.08 carat each) diamonds to add into the design. I'm thinking of something with filagree, a really fancy bib necklace piece. :appl:

LooseTanz.jpg

TanzCloseUp.jpg

2Tanzis.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, your new tanzanite is absolutely lovely! The color is beautiful, and the name "Manhattan Velvet" is perfect for it. I can not wait to see the necklace you come up with. It's going to be gorgeous!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! What a glow. And still love that ring! Your plan sounds fantastic, so classic.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely gemstone. Please don't be tempted to put it in a ring. I've got an 8ct Tanzanite ring and I could knock people out with it! It's a much better idea to set as a pendant. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm breathless!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is fantastic and it is SO-O velvety! Enjoy! I bet you'll get a lot of compliments on it.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
that sucker is a stunner..nice buy!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, very gorgeous blue :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. I love the color!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! I love that color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a treasure! Your tanzanite is gorgeous.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so very much for all of your comments. It is so wonderful to have a forum where people share my passion. You know that I'll keep you updated once I get around to getting it set into a necklace. I say now that it will be a while, but I bet I'll actually do it before the close of 2011. :tongue:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that deep saturation :love: And sometimes, I like the wait before having something set because it gives me time to just stare and imagine. Half the time my ideas of what I want change while I'm waiting and imagining. And if they don't change, then I know I've really found the perfect project and setting.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very very nice. How much violet does it show?

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
That color is hypnotic! I love the blue-violet of tanzanites.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It shows a lot of violet, actually. It photographs blue and it's definitely blue-dominant but the violet coming from this stone is amazing. It pretty much depends on the lighting. These photos were shot outside in late morning light, around 11am.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color on your tanzanite shows why they're such popular gems. Enjoy your beautiful new stone.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh oh oh i love statement jewelry!!! I think it is gorgeous adn cant' wait to see your necklace! Keep us posted on it!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
A gem that nice does deserve its regal name!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I have a 3 plus carat tanz coming my way this week, the pics of your new beauty makes me more impatient to see mine!! I cannot wait to see how you set this, it sounds absolutely regal!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thats a stunner!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Manhattan Velvet is a gorgeous stunner of a gem !!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
Since I love pendants, I can only IMAGINE the loveliness of that velvety blue-purple in a
beautiful setting..... swoon !!!!!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Big and beautiful! Just how I like 'em.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone, congratulations!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all, so much! I'm very excited. I need to have a few repairs done to a few other pieces of jewelry and I'm taking my new tanzanite along to show my favorite jeweler/gemologist today.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very rich satiny colour; it's definitely going to be a star in your new necklace.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love that color! Very nice find indeed.

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Love your new tanzanite treasure! Your ring is beautiful~

T

talamasca

:love: :love: :love: gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results