shape
carat
color
clarity

Need "logistical" help w/ proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matthew10_28

Rough_Rock
I have the ring, have fathers permission, have the date and location. What I need help with is ideas on how to "switch" into the proposal mode (eg on knee with ring in hand) I will come up to her work (Applebee''s restaurant) and have lunch in her section which is not abnormal. I know she would love it because she would like the attention. I am going to talk to the manager not only to make sure its ok with him but to make sure she can be replaced if you will once I do the deed because that would just be horrible for her to have to finish her shift. I just dont really have a slick way to catch her off guard. Any ideas?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Would it be possible to come near the end of her shift? That way no one is really put out as far as covering for her? Asking the manager is a great idea though, so he wont be caught off guard. Could you maybe order something and when she comes back to check on you be like theres something in my food! While she is trying to take it all in, you could slip out of your seat and get on one knee... maybe get her to sit down and "do the deed" as you said. Something like this maybe...

/idealbb/files/017c1204pm.jpg

I picked fries because i figured they wouldnt be *too* messy... also be easy to slip the ring through some! Good luck!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a sweet idea, but even if you arrange for her boss to get someone to cover the rest of her shift, there are so many 'finishing' things that need to be done before you can clock out. I waited tabels for many a year, and even if she finished right then, she woudl have to transfer her tables, explain what was going on with each one (and her mind might not be too together at that point!), and then cash out for however much she had already sold.

Perhaps instead of letting her get part way into her shift, you could arrange with her boss to cover her whole shift, and then meet her there with flowers, tell her you have arranged to take her out for a nice lunch together (bring her a change of clothes if need be) and propose during some point of the rest of the afternoon? Or propose in front of her co-workers before she starts her shift- since you said she would like the attention. Then sweep her away for a romantic afternoon!

I know that when I waited tables, if someone had saved me from my shift, that person would be my hero. Add into it a proposal and I would be a puddle of goo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results