shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I think the news is settling in with DH...he got a little overwhelmed with the pink at bru..
now to decide if she is a lily or an aubrey!!!! I love both names. Though if we went with aubrey, we would call her bree.

Here she is...im pretty sure she is looking straight ahead...yes? Anyone more experienced who can tell me yes, that is a face shot?

042811215446.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1304041718|2907592 said:
Thanks! I think the news is settling in with DH...he got a little overwhelmed with the pink at bru..
now to decide if she is a lily or an aubrey!!!! I love both names. Though if we went with aubrey, we would call her bree.

Here she is...im pretty sure she is looking straight ahead...yes? Anyone more experienced who can tell me yes, that is a face shot?

Hi Charbie -- Congrats on your beautiful girl! I'm no expert at all -- so someone correct me if I'm wrong -- but I think I have pointed out some anatomy below to help you orient to the pic. I had a terrible time figuring them out when I was pregnant!

charbie's_girl.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
turtledazzle|1304043509|2907627 said:
charbie|1304041718|2907592 said:

Hi Charbie -- Congrats on your beautiful girl! I'm no expert at all -- so someone correct me if I'm wrong -- but I think I have pointed out some anatomy below to help you orient to the pic. I had a terrible time figuring them out when I was pregnant!
Thank you! That's how I was imagining things to be. I have a few forward facing face pictures that are sort of creepy looking! Poor DH...he mistook her butt for her head for a few minutes until he fessed up that he needed more guidance. There was no mistaking the "three line" shot between her legs tho!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Babies look like aliens in the forward facing ultrasound pics!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Charbie - Congrats on your little girl! How exciting.

The forward-facing ultrasound pics look super creepy to me, and unfortunately it's all the tech could get this time! Every time he tried to get a profile shot, the baby would rotate further and further away from him and he could never actually get one. So we're having to make do with our Skeletor pics, and a shot of ittle bitty baby feet. At least he was able to get good pictures of the heart, spine, etc...

Sleeping - I discovered that position around the time when I busted my back. It's wonderful!

AFM - Just kind of trucking along. We're taking this weekend easy, which is unusual for me and feels wonderful. George is taking the longest nap ever, and I feel like I should wake him up... but I haven't yet.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love: :appl: congrats on team pink charbie!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLENHEIM step away from the sleeping baby!! :bigsmile:

Unless it is after 4pm. When Hunter has slept til 4pm it always mean havoc at betime.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
DD - 1:30-6, and when I woke him up at 6, he said "No, Mama!" and rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. A normal nap for him is 1-3. :o Daddy's upstairs putting him to bed now, a little over an hour late. G's in a good mood, at least...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim|1304211602|2908806 said:
DD - 1:30-6, and when I woke him up at 6, he said "No, Mama!" and rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. A normal nap for him is 1-3. :o Daddy's upstairs putting him to bed now, a little over an hour late. G's in a good mood, at least...

Good lord, that is not a nap, that is a night's sleep! LOL! Update in the am, I am curious how the night goes. Hunter naps from about 12:30 - 2:30 these days, but every once in a while he will nap until closer to 3:30. Once 4pm, but then he would not go to bed until 8:30 (usual bedtime is 7:30 ish).

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I know!! He protested a little bit at bedtime because he wanted to read another book - we have a strict limit of two books at bedtime b/c he will use it as a stall tactic, but will read unlimited books to him when it is not bedtime - but went in his crib and to sleep without a fuss, then slept through the night. Phew. Maybe he just needed the extra sleep?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Blen! Wow! That's some serious sleep time. Maybe George is on the verge of a growth spurt!

Glad to see you mama's are doing well. :)

:wavey: to DD and charbie!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Sunday already?
thanks again to everyone for popping in to say congrats! LC, Bella, Puffy, Pupp, HH, Mrs, Kay, Dreamer, Blen...muchos gracias!
Mrs- sorry about the expanding strech marks. The ones pubery put on my hips have begun growing/darkening. My mom has them. On her belly...I feel like it is a matter of time.
Blen-glad g slept through the night despite the nap! His rolling over and protest are probably foreshadows of the joyous teenage years...

AFM: been uncomfortably and bloated with gas lately...so not fun. :knockout:. I went out and found some super cute little girly clothes. Didn't go nuts but found some cheap onesies, an adorable cardigan, and tiny little jeans from a gap outlet we have that sells things for $2-5. Also worked on registries...bru and target since some items are significantly less at target. Busy week ahead...our pre-drywall meeting for the house (meaning ~6 more weeks until close!) And then heading to the kentucky derby...wooohooo!

Have a great week all!

Edited due to to autocorrect...grrr!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
A big congratulations to Skippy on the arrival of Miles and Evan and to cupcake*muffin on the arrival of Lorelei! :appl: :appl: :appl:

So many babies born in April; they must know of their mamma's love of diamonds. :naughty: :love: :naughty: :love:

Charbie, congrats on team pink! You're gonna have so much fun with a little girl. :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not posting in a while, but it has been a very rough couple of weeks. I wll go into all that later, but let me catch up with you all first.

Mrs - Sorry for the anticlimatic appointments, but I get what you are saying. Now it just feels like you are an old pro when you go in, and it lacks some of the novelty that it did before. I imagine by the time we get to 2 week appointments, it going to be less exciting, lol. So how did the glucose test go? Bummer on the stretch marks. I haven't seen them on my tummy yet (knock on wood), but I already see them on my BB's, boo. Oh well, the joys of pregnancy, right? Btw, great work on getting DD to sleep through the night. I hear you on the not sleeping well, ugh.

Skippy - Congrats again on the birth of your little boys. I can't wait to hear more about your birth story and see some pics, but it sounds like it wasn't too long, so that's good. Take care!

Blen - How exciting that your DH can feel the baby now too. Has George been able to feel, or is he not too interested/doesn't comprehend? Eek on the minimal calorie thing, but good on you for figuring it all out. Hopefully you can add a healthy amount of weight now. That's nice that you got to spend some time with mom and see baby Blen on the big screen. I hope you enjoyed your relaxing weekend and extra sleep time.

Dreamer - Congrats on making it to the third trimester (and then some). Bummer on having to buy more maternity clothes. I have one pair of capris I can't fit into anymore, but good call on using them on the downside. I really hope that you will be able to make it pain free this time. I am definitely going to try that new sleeping position because my hips hurting will wake me up during the night.

Cupcake - HUGE congrats on little Lorelei entering the world. She is absolutely precious, and I :love: the bunny getup! I hope you are enjoying your time at home with your new little family!

Random - Ugh, what an awful experience. I am sorry about the incompetent nurse and all the issues with little Cayden. Hopefully he will continue to bake for a few more weeks. Hang in there sweetie!

Charbie - CONGRATS on team Pink! Yeah for little girls :bigsmile: . What a cute little pic. I love both names you are deciding on, so I don't think you can go wrong. As for my crazy days, I can't say that it has gotten much better due to certain circumstances, but I do know I need to slow it down a bit. Btw, kinda jealous of the no weight gain. That has not been my problem, lol. Sorry for the uncomfortableness, but at least you have some girly shopping to distract you :bigsmile: Yeah on the house being ready soon, soooo exciting!

IHA - How are you doing lady. Any updates?

Modern - Almost at the third trimester, how crazy right? Glad to hear that all is well with you and that the BH have chilled out. That is really great that you get to go to Cali for your baby shower. Definitely less stress than having everyone come stay in your area. Enjoy it lady!

Loves2Laugh - CONGRATS on joining team Pink! You are in good company ;)) I hope that all is well with you and look forward to hearing more from you.

Kay - Thanks for the congrats. Time flies though, as I am already in the third trimester, crazy! Speaking of, I can't beleive you are already 32 weeks, sheesh, only a couple more weeks for you. I hope that you get your induction rather than the crazy hospital rush too. That will also give you some better planning with DD too. Hopefully you will not hit your max weight but it sounds like you are on target to keep under it. As for the sleeping arrangements, no fun for DH, but at least you and DD are getting some sleep. hehe on the pee cup.

CDN - Nice to see you lady. How is everything going on your end?

AFM - Unfortunately, it has been an absolutely awful couple of weeks. My dad (really my step-dad, but been around since I was 8) passed away unexpectedly almost two weeks ago. It was of course a shock to not only my immediately family, but also to extended family and friends as well. I found out hours after it happened on the 21st and my DH and I immediately flew down to be with my family. We ended up staying there until this Sunday and I tried to do as much as I could during my time down there. Everyone was of course worried about our little one, but she is doing alright. Somehow in all of this I managed to stay surprisingly strong, and whether it was my maternal instinct kicking in to protect our little girl or just trying to protect my mom, bro and sis, I managed to get through it. I can't say I have totally dealt with the whole situation, but I figure I will have time to do that after the little one comes. Funny enough, it appears our little girl has her proper name now. When we were writing the obituary, it came up that my dad's favorite name was Sophia (vs Addison), so we have since named her Sophia. I don't know if we will use Addison as her middle name or not, but we have a bit more time to decide. I am just greatful that Sophia will bring some much needed light to everyone in the coming weeks and months, especially my mom. She really is the strongest person I know and I don't know if I could get through losing my DH now, not to mention after 20 years. All I can say after this is to really appreciate the ones you love and to make sure that they know how much you love them each and everyday, b/c life is crazy and can change in seconds.

In any event, it appears that I have either seriously reacted to a couple mosquito bites, or might be getting the starting of Pupps, and let me tell you, it ITCHES :knockout: ! I was supposed to go into the doc on Thursday for my monthly, but I will go in tomorrow instead. I also have to go in for my glucose test on Friday, so I will let you know how that goes. Besides that, an issue has come up with the house we were supposed to rent, so now I need to find a new rental house so that we have a place to live in 3.5 weeks, AHHHH!!! When it rains it pours, eh? I am hopeful that we will get everything taken care of in before Friday so we can get our movers organized, so please wish me luck. Anywho, I hope all you ladies are doing well and look forward to hearing more happy baby adventures soon!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DC, HUGS! I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. I love the name Sophia and I'm sure your dad is happy about that too. Stay strong, mama!

~LC

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to have been MIA for so long...Just a brief catch up post here!

Skippy - congratulations on the birth of your sons! Can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything is going. Hope everything is well!

Charbie - congrats on team pink!

DC - so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine. I am so impressed at how strong you sound. My mom lost her father when she was pregnant with me...she also always talked about how knowing I was coming soon brought some joy to her family in those rough months. It's so nice that you know which name he preferred. I'm sure Sophia will be a source of hope for you and your family as well in the times ahead. I hope you are able to find a new rental house quickly.

AFM - 27+ weeks now, people finally starting to realize I'm preggo...Had about 10 patients ask about it yesterday vs. none the week before. Funny! Had my family shower at my mom's house this weekend and did 20 hours of driving in 3.5 days. So much fun but kind of exhausting. We now have so much stuff - a pack n play, swing, video monitor, bathtub, carseat, itzbeen, groegg, sleep sheep and other assorted toys, clothes, and accessories. In addition to the bassinet, jumperoo, and bouncy seat my cousin gave us as hand me downs. And I still have my work shower coming up in a few weeks! Here's a pic of the quilted wall hanging my amazing mother made for the baby...she picked bunnies cause it is the year of the rabbit on the chinese calendar. I :love: it!

photo-5.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
DC, I'm very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I was diagnosed with PUPPPs a couple of weeks ago. The itching was maddening. I switched my detergent to the 'free and gentle' kind as suggested by my Derm. I also started using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (found in natural food stores and Whole Foods) as well as CeraVe moisturizer (my Derm gave me samples) and the itching has stopped. I still have some bumps but they are much, much fewer than before. It looks like it's slowly clearing up. The Pine Tar Soap has also helped quite a bit with dryness on other parts of the body. I also read that drinking V8 juice supposedly helps. I don't know if it truly does or not but I've been buying the V8 Fusion just in case.

I hope you get your rental in FL taken care of with a little hassle as possible. Sounds like you've been dealing with so much. Stay strong!

And congratulations on choosing a name for your little girl. It's a great tribute to your dad that you went with the name he liked best.

All the best to you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DC I am so sorry for your loss :blackeye: My maternal grandfather dies (liek a father to me) when I was 28 weeks pregnant with Hunter and it was so difficult for the whole family. It gave me some comfort to know he knew about the baby coming when he died. I'm sure your step-father got joy from knowing Sophia was coming, and who knows, perhaps it offered him some comfort when he needed it too. I hope so. It will be really good for your mom, having this to look forward to. I bet she is a strong woman. I cannot imagine losing by husband so young (how old was he?). But so many women have to deal with it! Good thing women are so strong. Between birthing babies and losing our husbands, we need to be. HUgs to you, I hope things start to calm in your life soon.

Basil What a lovely hanging!! When Hunter was born, my mom took apart the squares of a crocheted baby blanket she made me when I was a baby and reused half of the squares to make Hunter a blanket with new edging to make up for the lost size. She saved half the squares for our secodn baby and we are just wating to find out gender so she can pick a color scheme. Gifts like that are really the best, I love having things made with love by family.

Mrs I also find my appointments pretty boring! Hi, I'm fine, good HB, see you later!

AFM I am now almost 30 weeks :o Still doing well without too much discomfort or pain. I get swelling in my legs when I sit too long, and minor aches and pains in my pelvis or back sometimes, but nothing too bad. Yesterday I decided to work for our federal election at a polling station (took all the votes, counted them at the end of the day) which was fun because it was a highly contested riding, but I am in PAIN now!! I had my boucy ball with me to sit on, and made sure to walk and move around, but working a 14 hour day when in the third trimester was not the smartest move I ever made :rolleyes: My lower back completely siezed last night, but it feels a little better today. And I earned $250 that I can put towards my three-stone reset to celebrate the birth of my second child. Oh the things I do for bling :rodent:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
CDNinNYC|1304439575|2911192 said:
DC, I'm very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I was diagnosed with PUPPPs a couple of weeks ago. The itching was maddening. I switched my detergent to the 'free and gentle' kind as suggested by my Derm. I also started using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (found in natural food stores and Whole Foods) as well as CeraVe moisturizer (my Derm gave me samples) and the itching has stopped. I still have some bumps but they are much, much fewer than before. It looks like it's slowly clearing up. The Pine Tar Soap has also helped quite a bit with dryness on other parts of the body. I also read that drinking V8 juice supposedly helps. I don't know if it truly does or not but I've been buying the V8 Fusion just in case.

I hope you get your rental in FL taken care of with a little hassle as possible. Sounds like you've been dealing with so much. Stay strong!

And congratulations on choosing a name for your little girl. It's a great tribute to your dad that you went with the name he liked best.

All the best to you.

CDN eek for the PUPPS! My best friend had it with her son and boy, I hope you continut to ge tsome good relief! How are you doing otherwise? You must be getting closer to 20 weeks now? Are you preparing for baby yet?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
DC - I am so sorry for your loss. You do sound like you've been very strong throughout this; I guess sometimes we have to be. Big, big hugs. I love Sophia, and that will be such a sweet story to tell her when she is older. I was just thinking about you earlier today and about how I never got back to you about lunch. Your move date kind of got away from me. Is trying to fit in a lunch date too much at this point? Things have slowed down enough at work (finally!) where I would be able to duck out.

Basil - Wow you have been busy! Sounds like you are getting very prepared for the baby, and what a great wall hanging that your mom made!

DD - Sorry about the back pain! The same thing happened to me last night, and I couldn't figure out if it was pregnancy (this early?) or overdoing it on my morning workout yesterday. Doing yoga today really helped mine to feel better, and I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will take care of the rest of it. I hope you feel better soon.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim|1304474872|2911738 said:
DD - Sorry about the back pain! The same thing happened to me last night, and I couldn't figure out if it was pregnancy (this early?) or overdoing it on my morning workout yesterday. Doing yoga today really helped mine to feel better, and I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will take care of the rest of it. I hope you feel better soon.

I feel much better now!

When I went for a massage with a RMT I was told that the tendons connecting my pelvis to my tail bone area were very very loose, so basically when I use my lower back a lot -- like a lot of bending and picking up, or sitting upright strangely enough, it puts too much strain on the muscles in the area to compensate for the loose tendons, and that leads to the pain. I have had it before, but not as bad as last night. Like the last times, it was basically gone by the morning. I would not be surprised if it is similar for you. I found the sensitivity in that area for me started earlier, closer to 20 weeks. Just means being careful I guess.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
D&C I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family. I could only imagine how difficult this is for you right now.

Charbie- congratulations on team pink! We find out at the end of may what we are having and i swear up and down that i'm having a girl. I was right with DS so we will see what happens,.

Skippy- congrats on the birth of your twin boys! i can't wait to hear the birth story! I hope they continue to do well in the NICU.

Cupcake- your dd is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the pictures with the rabbit hat!! Too cute. Was that an etsy purchase?

AFM- I'm finally in my 2nd tri but i'm still throwing up every day or so. Though I will say i'm still sleeping alot at night I no longer feel like a zombie during the day. DS just started to SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT HALLALJLUAH this week, on the flip side he sleeps 6:30pm to 5am and doesn't go back down. So that means that either DH or I are up at 5 am every day. we moved into our new house in March and everything is still boxed up as I just don't have the energy to deal with anything. I think this weekend I will make my first attempt to get a room done. wish me luck!

oh and we find out on May 24th what team we will be on. When I was pregnant with DS I was CERTAIN that i was having a boy. Now this time i feel like i will have a girl. i guess we will see what happens.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
DCGator, I am so sorry for your loss. I will have you and your family in my thoughts. I love the idea of using your dad’s 1st choice of name for your daughter as a tribute – it will also be a special story to tell her later about how her grandfather chose her name. Sophia is a strong, elegant name with a great meaning (“wisdom”). I hope the itching goes away for you and that you find a new rental house soon. That is so much for you to have to deal with at once – sending you hugs and dust.

Charbie, I really like Aubrey with Bree as a nickname. Hope you had a great time at the derby.

Blen, sounds like George is headed for a growth spurt. A sometimes pulls that rolling over routine when we try to get her up for school (on the mornings she does not wake first and wake us up).

Basil, that bunny wall hanging is adorable! What a special keepsake for your child to have something that your mom made.

Dreamer, long work days can really play havoc on your body. The loose tendons and ligaments during pregnancy cause such problems. I understand why some of them need to be loose to give birth, but I just wish they wouldn’t all go to hell for several months. :rolleyes:

Sarah, congrats on DS sleeping through the night. Maybe you can slowly move his bedtime later so he sleeps later in the morning? We have the opposite problem with our little night owl, who does not want to go to bed until after 9:30 and then wants to really sleep in some mornings (although she wakes us up at 5 am some mornings too). I hope the nausea will pass soon for you.

AFM, we are flying to the East Coast on Friday for a week long trip to visit DH’s family. We need to go because his dad has not been able to fly for several months for medical reasons, but I am not looking forward to a 7+ hour trip with a very active 2.5 year old and me being heavily pregnant and uncomfortable so much of the time. I have so much trouble getting comfortable sitting with the tailbone pain, so those tiny, not sufficiently padded seats with no leg room sound like torture. (And I can’t even drink to dull the pain of the flight, lol.) I can’t believe I am at 7 weeks and counting down now. I think the time is going to fly by because I have so many projects to finish before I go on leave. I keep telling LO she can’t come early.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

DD, thanks for the sleeping position recommendation. I think it's helping! Sorry to hear you were in pain from working th epolls the other day but yay for $ to put towards bling!

modern, how was your trip / shower?

liang_chi, you're sweet to be checking on us here! I've been rooting you on whenever I get a chance to read the TTC thread! I hope you're well!

Loves2laugh, yay for getting an Ergo on babysteals! You're going to love it! Hope you're feeling well!

Kay, I'm glad your placenta has moved! And I'm glad you're getting better sleep now that DH has moved. June 21st sounds like a great birthday - I hope your LO stays put until then! Safe travels today and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Charbie, love the u/s pic! I hope your gas pains have stopped. And I hope you had fun at the derby!

dcg, I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's passing! It certainly does sound like you've had a rough few weeks! I'm glad you seem to be managing the stress of everything well though. I really hope the PUPPS goes away for you - I had it last time and used the steroid cream which cleared it up no prob but it was terrible before it got diagnosed and treated! Sophia is a beautiful name!

basil, So glad to hear you had a great shower! It sounds like you got some great gifts! And what a beautiful wall hanging your mom made!

CDN, so sorry to hear you're suffering with PUPPS too! I'm glad you've found some remedies that help. If you continue to suffer - you might consider asking your derm about the steroid cream.

Blen, Is George still sleeping well for you? How are your braxton hicks? Hope you're well!

Sarahbear, yay for your DS STTN!! What a relief that must be! Bummer that he wakes so early though - my daughter gets up really early too and sometimes it's just so hard to get up with her. Good luck getting some stuff unpacked this weekend!

hi to everyone else,

AFM: so sorry if my last post was confusing - I have NOT had my glucose test yet. It's scheduled for the 16th. But thanks to all who asked how it went!

All's well here. Feeling bigger but still well enough. Sleeping a little better thanks to DD's sleep position recommendation! My daughter is still sleeping really well which has been wonderful! It's been pretty warm here (SoCal) for the last week which concerns me since I'd rather it wait to get hot until Im no longer pregnant! Oh well.

I hope everyone is well!!
Mrs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would post a 30 week belly shot!

I don't feel like I am so huge, despite what the scale says, but I looked back at a 10 week belly shot and boy, I have packed on the pounds :blackeye: Ah well, c'est la vie!

Only 10 weeks to go!

30weeksdd.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DD you look great! I can't believe how far along you are! it feels like you just got your BFP!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Low amniotic fluid at ultrasound today combined with high bp=induction today! They said he was very big for 36.5 weeks at 8 lbs so that is good :) Just wanted to let you all know!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Jo!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
RT~ Best of luck and lots of dust!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
RT, nice work baking her!! So excited for you! Hope the induction goes well and you have an easy L&D!

DD, you look great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results