shape
carat
color
clarity

Making slow progress!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

I feel like we're finally making some progress and I almost feel like I belong here.

We think we've found our venue and are hoping to book it this week. Once we have a definite date set, I think I'll finally join the BWW list after about 11 months of being engaged. ::)

I went dress shopping with my best friend and FMIL several weeks ago while I was home for the weekend. I think I have my dress picked out, although I'm sort of waffling between two ideas.
Here is the dress I'm leaning toward. It's all lace and beading, and while I knew I wanted lace, I was surprised that I also really loved all the beading. I'm hoping they have my size there so it doesn't need to be ordered. We're running close on time because I'm the world's biggest procrastinator.

I have one other idea in my head though. Have any of you considered something like a lace jacket? Like this? Something about the long sleeves and the lace is so classic and lovely to me. Thoughts? Am I off my rocker? The silly thing is that I'm not sure what dress would look nice with it. Maybe something really simple like the model is wearing with a sweetheart neckline.

One thing I was able to do without too much waffling was pick out my wedding ring! I'm planning to order it today. Luann at ID Jewelry has been so quick to answer all my questions, and I'm really excited!

Anyway, I just wanted to fill you in and let you know that I'll probably be back for help/ideas from you ladies in the coming months. :wavey:

A

Anonymous

Yay for progress!! I love the dress and it would look beautiful with the jacket, I think. Hopefully they have it in your size or close to it so you can see it together. :)

Congrats on getting the ring done! I picked up my wedding band yesterday and it's so exciting!! :D

gls

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to BWW!
I've had a long engagement and slow progress is def something you can get away with! It took us 11 months to set a date and book a venue! I think once you book the venue too things will start falling into place as the venue can determine the style of wedding.

The dress you have chosen is stunning! It will look amazing on!
I am also considering buying a lace jacket and I love the one you posted. I agree its elegant and classy and good if you are getting married in one of the cooler months.

Congrats on making progress, it'll all look great in the end!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Both the jacket and dress are lovely! Would you have a chance to try them on together? If not, perhaps someone at the store would be willing to send you a photo of the two pieces together so you can see if they go.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my dress today! I ended up going with the lace dress. I think I might pick up a pashima or something to cover up with at dinner if I want.

Here's a photo! I blacked out my face not so much for privacy, but because I have a dumb look on my face. Got to keep a shred of dignity and all! Oh and we actually ordered the dress up a size so that it won't pull in the middle. The smaller size zips all the way, but it was too tight in some place and too loose in others. Looks like I'll definitely need alternations no matter what.

dress1.jpg

A

Anonymous

It's beautiful!!! Congratulations on finding your dress so quickly! :appl:

ETA: That looks like the place that I got my dress too, hehe.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Tammy! I got it at DB. I know people have different feelings on it, but the girl I worked with was perfect for me. She was very low key, not pushy, but helpful. Plus the dress was under $400. My dress budget was $500ish (a self-imposed budget - FI was pleasantly surprised to hear how much it was, as he thought it would be closer to $1000), and I should come in right around there after alterations.

I'm also having the neckline altered to a sweetheart!

Good call on the sweetheart neckline. It will be lovely once it's all finished! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results