shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beln Great news about the anatomy scan! And re: diet, that sounds like really good advice from your middie. I have found weight gain comes in spurts too, and like last time, the biggest gains for me have been in the 18-28 weeks range so far. I am not being overly careful with my diet though :cheeky: I lost the plot in the first trimester when uncontrollable hunger and nausea that abated with carbs/fat took over. Never got back on the wagon 8) But I don't think I am being too crazy in the eating dept. Yet still gained pretty wildly these past 10 weeks. I am being que sera about it at this point, knowing I can take it off with some work post partum, like I did last time.

I cannot believe I am almost 29 weeks either. Time is flying! Every once and a while I have a moment of abject panic as I think about how I will have two kids in a very short time :errrr: I am sure I am not the only one!

PS Blen, are you doing a home birth again? I wonder, what your thoughts are on our situation. We wanted a home birth last time and did not get one because of ther balloting due to poly (too much risk of cord prolapse, combined with other factors). This time, assuming I don't have the same issue, we are trying to decide what to do. Last time, we lived in a city where we were only about 2 minutes away from the hospital, which offered a lot of comfort. This time, we are more like 25 minutes away, much much longer if there is traffic (there is one place on the trip that is very bad for traffic jams; though we will time out alternate routes to be sure). It makes me more apprehensive. Any thoughts?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to post really quick since the last post I started just got erased

Our baby girl, Lorelei was born on Saturday (4/23) at 6:11pm, weighing 6lbs 2oz and is 20 inches long. She has a full head of dark hair and blue/green eyes (which will change, I'm sure).

She came into the world after laboring for 6 hours after my water was broken. Thank god for the epidural. I pushed for less than 20 minutes, the doctor told me that if I ever have another child, let him know he would like to have another easy delivery .

Here are some pictures and good luck to the rest of the May/June Mommies to be!

P.S. We got her a bunny hat for her newborn pics, didn't know that she would actually be born right before Easter so it all worked out. All the nurses came in to see the Easter Bunny

IMG_5204 smaller.jpg

IMG_5211 smaller.jpg

IMG_5219 smaller.jpg

IMG_5223 smaller.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
congrats cupcake!!! BEAUTIFUL little bunny!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei is so beautiful cupcake! Congratulations!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations cupcake!!!! Lorelei is soooo cute!!! Those pics are precious!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations cupcake! Lorelei is so precious, what a beautiful girl!!

And congrats to Puffy!! She's gorgeous! Also to Tuckins and Skippy (again)!! It's a baby boom ::)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei is so cute! Loving that bunny hat!!

AFM-
It's been an interesting couple of days to say the least :knockout:

Saturday Night, 10pm- I have pre-e so when I got this bad headache and nausea, dh made me call the hospital. So they had me come in and found I was mildly dehydrated, wouldn't let me try keeping water down first before deciding I needed an iv so finally I gave in (side note: I'm TERRIFIED of needles). So first the upper arm didn't work so the nurse said she would try my wrist. First she gave me a local anesthetic to numb the vein. Guess what. It did NOTHING. So she was putting it in and I was breathing the best I could through it and then I hear "this isn't working, there is a mess all over the place, I need a towel"; I look over and my hand is covered in blood so of course I'm freaking out about that! Finally they take it out and in between sobs I insist on trying a bottle of water to get the anti-nausea medicine down instead of another needle. I had many choice words. So I kept the water down and headache started improving, contractions were clearing up and they finally released me at 2:30am. They told me if I drank as much water as possible up until I go into labor that my veins will be easier to get the iv in...Regardless, when I do go into labor I'm asking for anyone BUT her to put the iv in. I was SOOOO mad!!!

Then I go in for my regular NST appointment today and yup, got sent over to the hospital again today! My blood pressure was 150/100. Then as soon as that came down to a safe number, I got regular strong contractions. I was told just to go home and relax and then come back if they got closer together so we will see. I also am doing my 24 hour urine test a day early this week and adding in an extra visit with the head of the entire L&D floor. I feel like I am in pretty good hands so I am just going to relax and eat my fajitas for supper :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Blen- that's too cute about DH now feeling the babes from the outside. And glad everything checked out on the ultrasound!
RT- sorry about all the craziness you've had during the last part of your pregnancy. hopefully just a few weeks left.
Dreamer- much pain free dust coming my way! and if you do get any pain, i hope you can find some good coping mechanisms! fingers crossed for you!
Cupcake- i seriously just want to squeeze the heck out of those cheeks. they are perfect for smooching and pinching...she's gonna be a trouble-maker!!!
Mrs- good luck on the glucose test this week! even though i'm a FTM, im only excited about my appts. bc i get to hear or see the baby...i am not one to really question much, i guess working in the medical field i figure if something's wrong, i'll know. maybe that isn't the best approach, but it helps me stay less stressed :)
DC- get your booty off your chair and keep hydrated, lady! i also am learning that certain things i could do before (skipping breakfast, taking a late lunch, getting stressed at work, etc.) just doesn't cut it anymore, and the baby/my body let me know "hey- you've gotta take better care of us, ok!?"- not that i'm terribly unhealthy, i just could get away with a lot more before. oh the joys. best of luck as you get closer to moving south...just in time for summer!
ms: hope you're getting the chance to rest whenever possible- see my post to dc about taking cues from our bodies :) its hard when you're so used to just sucking it up and doing what you've gotta do!

Hope everyone is doing well who i may have missed!

AFM: i'm super excited for the anatomy scan tomorrow! now only to find out what the gender is, but also just to make sure everything is ok in there and that the baby has all the right bits and pieces in the right places :cheeky: my mom is coming down for it, it just happened to be her day off. she was so cute- i first asked if she wanted to come down and she tried to sound calm...she said, "um, sure, i can try to make it down. i mean, it does happen to be my day off. yeah, i'll see if that will work." when i know inside she had to be dying to be there- and of course now she is all about it and asking all these questions- she keeps saying, "well, we didn't do these things 30 years ago when i was having kids!" DH is getting more and more into things- researching strollers and car seats with me, and today he surprised me with a body pillow since i had been complaining about getting comfy at night. he probably just got it so i would stop stealing all his big fluffy pillows. :tongue: i'm feeling pretty good otherwise- getting bigger and people are now recognizing this is a baby bump i'm rocking. but still no weight gain from starting weight...even though i'm really eating a lot! we'll see what the doc has to say tomorrow.

Any last minute team blue vs. team pink guesses??? i've had a lot more people guess girl...hmmm.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Cupcake! Congratulations! You have the most adorable little bunny there. :love:

Charbie - No real guesses (I am terrible at that!) but fingers crossed that everything goes well tomorrow!

DD - Oh, that is a tough one. We are planning on another home birth, but we're also 5 minutes from a hospital and it's in a direction where I've almost never seen real traffic. But there are places I go that can be a 30 minute drive or a 2 hour drive, depending on the time of day and whether there's been an accident, and I totally get where you are coming from. The guideline I've always heard is 30 minutes. It seems like most transfers are for non-urgent reasons -- I'm not sure if I'm using the right term there, but I'm talking about deciding that you do need more pain relief than they can give at home after all, or the middies noticing that some pattern is developing where they'd want to keep an eye on it in the hospital, or other things where time isn't as much of an issue as it would be in a true emergency situation -- and so with those types of situations, it would really be up to you as to whether you'd want to sit for xxx amount of time in traffic just after getting to the "DAMN IT PEOPLE GIVE ME AN EPI!" point, or whatever else made you decide to transfer. In a true emergency situation, how good are the ambulances at getting around traffic at slow times of day? There are roads here with designated bus lanes that an ambulance could use to make good time, but then there are other roads filled with nincompoops who drive on the shoulder and would impede their ability to get anywhere fast. I'm not sure if I am any help whatsoever. :sick:

And I think that it's taking off the weight post-partum that's scaring me this time. I got it off with work, but that was my first time trying to lose weight (other than being a skinny 13 y.o. who thought I was too fat) and it sucked. I am a-ok with a doughy, saggy stomach for a while, and other inevitabilities, but it is the size of my thighs and butts post-partum with George that is getting to me now. Maybe I need to focus more on the fact that it DID come off.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats cupcake!!! L is a DOLL!! :love:

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake, congrats mama!!! she is beautiful and i love her hat.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake, Lorelei is beautiful! Congrats!

charbie, I guess Team Blue. Can't wait for your post!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charbie get your ace in here and give us the news, I'm DYING!!! And I think it's a girl!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cupcake Your little muffin is adorable! Enjoy her!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1303945503|2906555 said:
Charbie get your ace in here and give us the news, I'm DYING!!! And I think it's a girl!

Me too! I'm guessing team blue.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
so sorry about the wait! my appointment wasn't until the afternoon, and afterward we had a nice dinner to celebrate that we are officially on team pink!

call it mother's intuition, but i've been saying all along i thought there was a little girl in there! she was soooooo cute- she was all upside down, hands over her head, feet in her face. she sucked her hand a few times, and kept curling herself up in a tight ball.
i'll share some pictures later, but i'm just elated our little girl checked out all good! oh- and her leg/arm/foot measurements were loooooong. she's going to be tall just like her daddy!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
yay for team pink Charbie! I'm so glad everything checked out well. Girls are so much fun. My little one is running around like a crazy woman singing some nonsense song about our cat at the moment.... And congrats on getting a body pillow - I hope it makes you more comfy!

cupcake, congratulations! Lorelei is adorable! So glad your delivery was relatively easy.

DD, congrats on 29 weeks - it DOES seem like time is flying! I hope you remain relatively pain free for a while longer and that the poly doesn't plague you again this time. Have your drs said anything about the likelihood of it returning? I keep forgetting to ask my dr about that. I really hope not to get it this time as well! Good luck deciding to home birth or not. Seems like a tough decision.

Blen, that's fun that your DH can feel the baby now! I'm sorry you're still worrying about calorie intake but I still applaud you for being so health conscious - I honestly have been very laid back about it this pregnancy and eat just about whatever I want. I think a part of me knows this is my last pregnancy so the last time I can eat whatever I want and have an excuse of some sort. I know that's kind of terrible.... I had in-n-out for lunch today and basically consumed 1000 calories of junk. not smart. :knockout:

hi to everyone else,

AFM: I'm starting to get stretch marks above my belly button! YUCK. Last time I didn't get any until the very end and they were mostly very low on my belly and on my hips. I'm trying not to care but it kinda sucks. oh well - It'll be worth it in the end.

The baby is really active now and I think I'll be able to tell how he is positioned and what body parts are sticking out soon...

Sleep has been MUCH better - DD has slept through the night for a week and a half straight and I expect it to last. YAY! Now if only I could get a little more comfy at night so that I sleep though the night too!

Anyway, I hope you're all well!
Mrs
25 1/2 weeks

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs I have been sort of thinking the same way about eating this pregnancy. Terrible but true! Have you tried sleeping on your side, say the left, with the bottom/left leg out straight and the right leg bent 90 deg and propped with a pillow under the knee? The sort of leaning forward/angling so the belly is resting on the bed and stretching so the left leg sort of angles back away from your body (opens up the hips). Soooo comfy for me and I am sleaping really great!

Charbe congrats on the girl!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303953581|2906679 said:
Mrs I have been sort of thinking the same way about eating this pregnancy. Terrible but true! Have you tried sleeping on your side, say the left, with the bottom/left leg out straight and the right leg bent 90 deg and propped with a pillow under the knee? The sort of leaning forward/angling so the belly is resting on the bed and stretching so the left leg sort of angles back away from your body (opens up the hips). Soooo comfy for me and I am sleaping really great!

thanks! and that's exactly how i sleep as well- i actually slept like that before pregnancy as well. sooo comfy!

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
Charbie- Congrats on team pink!! :appl: :appl: i noticed in another thread your due date is 9/12. My little girl was due 9/12 last year (i ended up having her 8/28) Get ready for the flood of adorable dresses and bows!! its so much fun!

congrats again and I wish you all the best!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Cupcake: Congrats on your little sweetie!

Charbie: Yay for team PINK!!!! Bring on the dresses :)

AFM: Just got off a long shift but wanted to say all is well. The BH seem to have taken the day off today, maybe because of a nice massage yesterday or lots of good thoughts trying to will them away, but regardless of what did it, I am not complaining. I can't believe I will be 25 weeks on Friday! My mom, MIL and I are headed to California for a baby shower with family/friends down there. One of my mom's friends was nice enough to offer to do this because she thought it would be easier for me to travel now rather than have everyone else come visit.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will check in more later!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Mostly lurk, but wanted to give shout outs to DD and Charbie.

Charbie, congrats on team pink!!!!

Dreamer, congrats on 29wks! Hope you're able to get your rest

Mrs, Happy your DD is sleeping through the night

Modern have fun at your shower

To all the other lovely mamas, happy baking!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1303953931|2906689 said:
Dreamer_D|1303953581|2906679 said:

thanks! and that's exactly how i sleep as well- i actually slept like that before pregnancy as well. sooo comfy!

I did not sleep like this in my last pregnancy and cannot believe I did not discover it sooner! I was sleeping on my side with both knees bent and a pillow between them, but then I read a post by another PSer in Tuckins ECP thread saying that sleeping with both legs bent puts too much pressure on the hips and I was like "YES! My hips hurt!" She suggested this other way of sleeping and I have been doing it since. I find the real key is to sort of streeetch out, really moving the bottom leg bag and stretching the bent leg forward, opens the hips and I honestly have been sleeping totally pain free! But you need a large bed ;))

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
charbie, congrats on a girl!!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! It's been forever and I'll catch up as soon as I have my pc back up and running but I had to let everyone know that BabySteals.com has Ergo carriers today and I think the sale just started. I'm so excited to finally have caught a deal on there I've been waiting for a while now. I know a carrier is going to be a must with baby #2. I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing Well! Congrats to all the new Mamas! I'm starting week #23 today and expecting a little girl this Time! I'll catch up more soon- typing with my Nook is a bit of a pain and sorry if there is a bunch of typos.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Cupcake, congratulations and welcome, Lorelei! :appl: :wavey: She is the most adorable little bunny I’ve ever seen. Sounds like you had a great L&D.

Blen, I can’t believe your mom suggested that gaining 23 pounds during a pregnancy is excessive. Your midwife’s advice sounds a lot more reasonable. I’m really impressed with your workout and diet routine – I do not have that kind of discipline.

DCgator, congrats on reaching 25 weeks! :appl: 10+ hour work days are no fun – I hope that stops for you soon.

Mrs, I am also finding the Dr appointments so anticlimactic this time. I go, pee in a cup, get weighed, talked to a Dr or nurse for 5-10 minutes, have them tell me everything is on track, then go back to work. I am actually annoyed that I have to miss an hour or more of work (with travel and wait time) for each of these appointments when the actual appointment is so short and uneventful. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, and then I switch to weekly appointments until birth. The weekly appointments just kill my schedule, although I do get why they are necessary at the end. That’s awesome that your DD is doing so well with sleep.

Skippy, I am happy to hear you were able to have a vag birth. I can’t wait to hear the rest of your story. Hugs to you and growing dust to the boys.

Dreamer, congrats on reaching the third trimester. :appl: This pregnancy seems like it is flying by for me too. Fingers crossed that you won’t have the poly this time.

RT, I am sorry you got a nurse who was so inept with the IV. :angryfire: I also am terrified of needles, and the mere thought of an IV (and I’ve had several) just makes me want to hurl. I once demanded a different person come in and take my blood after a nurse tried twice and missed the vein both times.

Charbie, congrats on team pink! :appl: Little girls are so much fun to play dress up with -– I have a lot more fun buying clothes for DD than I do for me, and I used to be a clothes horse.

MS, I hope you have a great shower!

AFM, I am at 32 weeks today. I went to the Dr. yesterday and had a US so they could check the placenta. Fortunately, the placenta moved up quite a bit, so I no longer have a previa. My stomach and her head were both measuring right at 32 weeks, and her legs were measuring at 33 weeks, so I am having another tall girl. I was starting to get freaked out she might come early since people keep telling me I look more pregnant than I am, but it turns out I am right on track. I don’t know why people keep telling me I look big this time. I also feel like my belly looks a bit bigger this time, but maybe it is just because she is riding lower and more forward since the skin is already stretched. At any rate, I am up about 17 pounds so far (and 10 pounds away from a number that will make my eyes pop if I hit it.) DH and I both know we have to get serious about exercise and weight loss after this baby comes, because we are getting close to 40 and want to be healthy and active to raise these kids for the next 20 years.

We set an induction date of June 21 if the baby does not decide to come before then. June 21 is the summer solstice this year, so that would be a cool day for her to be born. I actually hope she waits to be induced, because I have several client projects that I need as much time to finish as possible. Also, we now live much further from the hospital than we did last time, and I would prefer a nice, orderly planned induction to a mad cross-town dash to the hospital. I have crazy nightmares about not making it to the hospital in time, and I want my epidural, dammit!

I have been sleeping a little better the past few nights since DH decided to cede his half of the bed to DD and sleep in the other room. Now that she has room to spread out, DD will cuddle up with me and sleep peacefully without kicking me. Plus, I don’t have to listen to DH snore. It is not a good long term solution, but it has been nice to have more peaceful nights, plus I love the extra cuddle time with DD.

Maybe TMI, but at the Dr’s office yesterday I noticed my belly must have grown a lot in the past 4 weeks because I could no longer see the urine sample cup to aim properly. Thank goodness for the bin of wet wipes, lol. :oops: :rolleyes:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie, congrats! I see lots of baby legs and cute hair accessories in your future!

bellacita

Rough_Rock
Ignore tthis...testing something...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
lucy.lucy.80|1303956487|2906736 said:
Charbie- Congrats on team pink!! :appl: :appl: i noticed in another thread your due date is 9/12. My little girl was due 9/12 last year (i ended up having her 8/28) Get ready for the flood of adorable dresses and bows!! its so much fun!

congrats again and I wish you all the best!
Aww, thank you! How sweet about sharing a due date for little girls! Your post made me smile! Here's hoping my little girl comes closer to the eds...I need to be at work until 8/23 to get full maternity benefits!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results