shape
carat
color
clarity

Church Decoration

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Less than 5 months until my wedding and so many things unfinished. I just woke up from a horrible dream playing out disaster after disaster on my wedding morning!

Anyways, so now I am getting going on wedding planning. I am stuck on church decorations. Anyone got ideas or pictures of their favorite church decor?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any pictures of the church and altar? That would make it easier (for me at least) to give ideas!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes pics would help. Do you have a colour scheme?

I had a nightmare last night, woke up, caved in and hired a wedding planner!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
charmy what sort of 'theme' or mood are you envisioning?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is our church ... it has a super long aisle. I am thinking we go with some flower ball concept with anemones, ranunculus and feathers along with crystals hanging. The front will have a giagnatic ball. I don't know though. Our centerpieces sit on 32" vases with a big flower ball and feathers and branches.
Church.jpg
Church-Inside.jpg

I originally wanted something like this .. but it is way too expensive to transport so I have given up. Not too mention how crazy it will be to actually pay for the number of trees required to fill that church.
RenneZiyad05.jpg

I have a wedding planner but she is really crappy and useless. I didn't chose wisely and she is paid in full.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sorry your planner is crap! I haven't tested mine out yet, and we are only 2 months from the wedding.

That decor doesn't seem to quite fit the traditional look of the church. The pews are dark, plus big green tapestry in the back. I think it would work better with jewel colours.

I'm sticking to hydrangea balls on the chairs (civil ceremony) and large urns at the end of the aisle.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
The church is really beautiful. I don't think you need a whole lot. With the bridal party, bouquets and normal church decorations, I think it would be easier to go with a "less is more" mentality.

The minimal needs:
Flowers or ribbons on the family/honor rows
1-2 large bouquets in the front, or some sort of pillar/altar arrangement
Flowers on the guest book table in the entranceway (if you are having a guestbook)

Also nice:
Flowers in the side windows for decoration
Candles (most churches have candleabras or they are easy to rent from a wedding vendor)

Remember that you can often get by with "reusing" flowers by using them initially at the church and having them transported to the reception for cake table/gift table/centerpiece flowers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results