shape
carat
color
clarity

RSVP Question

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

I am in full stress-out mode. My wedding is in 25 days and I still have 2 business trips and another out of town wedding to attend (for anyone who remembers that thread - we're going) between now and then. So I need some help from more rational brides and BTDT brides.

I have these two first cousins, who are sisters, that I haven't seen in about 10 years but we are facebook friends. These cousins were invited to my wedding and so was their mother. One of the cousins facebook messaged me to change her address because she moved in between sending out the STDs and the invites - so I figured she would probably be coming, otherwise she wouldn't care if the invite arrived on time.

I sent out the invites to both sisters and 2.5 weeks later the RSVP deadline passed with no word from either of them. I gave my guests reply cards and a website that they could reply on. So I facebook messaged them both to ask if they received the invitations. The other sister (not the one who changed her address) replied and said "we got your invite...see you soon."

I wrote back: "Great! Could you guys please let me know the names of everyone who is coming and which entree they would like?" Two days go by with no response. But I see that they are updating facebook statuses.

So I write again and say: "I'm sorry to bug you but could you please let me know the names of everyone coming to the wedding and what they'd like to eat. I need to get back to the caterer. Thanks so much!" No response. So I contact their mom to see if she knows who's coming and she writes back that the first cousin will text me a response for both cousins. I'm not even sure she has my cell number. I don't know how she could - my cell number has changed 3 times in 10 years. Needless to say, I've heard nothing.

I know these cousins have kids but don't know all their names or how many or if they're coming to the wedding. I know they have significant others through facebook but don't know if they would be coming to the wedding and certainly don't know whether they'd like the steak or the fish.

So what do I do? I'm going to be out of town for the next 6 days on business and going to a wedding. And the caterer needs the info by the end of the week. I'm trying to get things done today because I won't be able to work on wedding stuff until I get back in town. I think I've contacted them enough but it seems like they're just going to show up without telling me who is coming or what entree to order.

Help! This has me furious and I'm not thinking straight!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
people aggravate me!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously! How hard is it to send back a self-addressed stamped envelope or click submit on a website!

But, maybe one of my cousins is on PS because I just got a facebook message - they're both coming but not bringning SO's or kids (thank goodness!).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Call the cousins.

ETA- Ha, just saw your response. Awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results