shape
carat
color
clarity

Foods you have Craved while Pregnant?? :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add another one for watermelon. The juicy burst of sweetness in my mouth was refreshing down to my toes.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wonder why so many of us wanted watermelon?
I mean, it was Scotland in winter when that craving began - not like I was in dire need of something cool and refreshing... :bigsmile:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Winks_Elf|1303008896|2898185 said:
With #1 (boy): Sushi, V8, raw veggies and fruits, tacos, steaks!
#2 (girl): tacos, pasta, a freaking chocolate kick that lasted for 7 weeks (I'm not normally a chocolate fan)
#3 (boy): Meat aversion! Could not STAND the smell of meat between months 4 and 7. Craved cheese and garlic dills, lots of veggies, and wasabi.
#4 (girl): strawberries and tuna (bite of one, bite of the other, repeat), and Edward's Mudslide pie (lots of chocolate, caramel and whipped cream)

**edited by moderator. please post only family-friendly items**

...that's just wrong. Also, TMI!

French fries. Constantly. Every day, all day. Though for the first trimester I was obsessed with apples and raw veggies because everything else made me feel yuck.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing crazy. In the first trimester, I wanted a lot of citrus-y stuff: I was guzzling grapefruit juice, I wanted Sunny D and lemonade, and I even had some of my DH's orange juice when normally I can't stand OJ. Then, in the second and third trimesters, I was drinking a ton of organic 1% ice cold milk. Mmmmmm.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1303096661|2898884 said:
I had a huge meat aversion til around 20 weeks which was horrible because I've always been a meat lover so I had no idea what to eat.

I craved salty. Also I drank a TON of root beer and I never used to have much soda before. And I loved fast food... Carls Jr which I never used to eat...McD or TB... typically 2x a week (not each of them just total). Other than that I ate pretty much whatever sounded good.

Oh I also ate a TON of cereal... I would go through a box of whatever every 3 days (eat it for multiple meals) whereas before--again never really ate much cereal.

Gosh this sounds similar to me (minus the meat aversion). I thought I was the only one with the root beer thing - like one a day, but then all the sudden, didn't want it and wanted fresh squeezed lemonade. Tons of cereal too and MC'd's. I resisted the McD one but gave in a couple of times - just sitting by myself eating a cheeseburger.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
With #1, I craved chocolate and ice cream. DH loves chocolate, but I usually crave salty foods, not sweets, so we joked we knew it had to be his kid.

With #2 (still in the oven), I have been craving fruit, especially citrus, and citrus flavored items. I have been guzzling TJ's tangerine juice in the morning and an organic blood orange Italian sparkling soda we get at Costco at night. I'm also downing blood orange sorbet when I can get my hands on it, as it requires a special trip to a store we don't normally frequent. Every once in a while I get a craving for olives or cornichons, which I also like when I am not PG.

Big Macs are a guilty pleasure of mine that I normally only indulge once or twice per year. With each pregnancy, I have had to have one (with salty fries of course) at least once a month.

With #1, I had a strong seafood aversion the first 15 weeks (I think it was just the MS). With #2, I have been periodically craving sashimi, lobster and crab legs.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say it's all that much...the things I "crave" are things that I liked before anyway (cheese, chips, pasta, potatoes), so it's not so much a craving as just being hungrier, I think.

Like Kay, I went through a seafood aversion stage in the first trimester...I think cause of morning sickness and also because DH was overcooking it in order to make extra sure it was safe :tongue: I seem to have gotten over that now though.

The one thing I remember...when I must have been about 4 weeks pregnant before I realized...I got a terrible craving for ketchup. So bad that I went out and bought a bag of frozen french fries and a bottle of ketchup to have for dinner that night, which is not something I normally buy. I do love french fries, but typically NEVER eat them with ketchup since I don't even really like it, so it was very weird. I remember thinking to myself how funny it would be if my ketchup craving was an early pregnancy symptom, but then didn't think too much more of it until I got the BFP a week or so later!

But my ketchup craving hasn't repeated itself...I don't think I've had ketchup since. So who knows if it was really related or just a fluke.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
In the first trimester it was pink lemonade and cheezits (the pink lemonade was one thing that helped the nausea)
After that I craved pineapple and oranges- had to have it every day.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
First pregnancy - Samosas, french fries, roasted chicken, chicken pot pie.

This pregnancy - Tomatoes, pineapple, melon, rare steak, sushi.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
basil...now that you are mentioning it...maybe my craving for french fries wasn't really for the french fries but for the ketchup! I would have to drown my fries in ketchup....hmmm.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
With both girls I ate tons of fruit, couldn't get enough of strawberries, peaches and nectarines especially. Also had lots of chocolate. And one thing that most people hate is something that I love--black licorice. I ate quite a bit throughout both pregnancies and wouldn't you know that both of my girls love it now too!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I'm usually not a big juice or soda drinker but I craved sugary drinks of every variety, esp Venti Starbucks passion tea lemonades. Also pretty much anything with sugar or carbohydrates. yeah...I gained 52 lbs on my 5' frame...

soocool

Ideal_Rock
meatball parmesan subs and ice cold orange juice. I drank about 64 oz of oj a day. (yes spent a lot of time in the bathroom too!)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPants|1303336939|2901242 said:
I'm usually not a big juice or soda drinker but I craved sugary drinks of every variety, esp Venti Starbucks passion tea lemonades. Also pretty much anything with sugar or carbohydrates. yeah...I gained 52 lbs on my 5' frame...

Wow MonkeyPants! I have thought of you from time to time since your FHH thread. Congratulations on your baby!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
When did everyones cravings set in? I just found out, but ive already started craving, nothing but fresh fruit and veggies.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Some of these are so funny!!! LOL!!!!! :lol:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Coke and fries which neither I really liked before pregnancy

Avocado, Fruit oranges blueberries etc vegies - actually loads of fruit

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results