shape
carat
color
clarity

How not to post pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been noticing that there are users who are trying to link to pictures that have been opened up/ viewed in Internet Explorer from their hard drives. You cannot copy and paste that info as a URL as it is still on the hard drive! An example of what some users have been trying is linking to "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%" directly from their harddisk. The picture will not show up because Pricescope cannot access your harddisk to open up the file.

You can only copy and paste URL info when the photo has been saved onto the internet through a pricescope attachment or from some other picture-hosting site. An example of an appropriate URL would be "http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/abc.jpg" or "http://www.abcde.com/picture.jpg".

I hope this clarifies things abit!!
5.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, tomatoe, for the tip. But I'm confused as to how people just copy and paste photos. Nisstar says that is how she got hers to load. (On her "help" post on this page.) She says "Thanks....after hours of trying I finally figured out I could just open the pics in internet explorer and then just simply copied and pasted." But you say that is not possible?

I do understand that a photo must be hosted on the internet and that Pricescope hosts photos from our files.

I always attach photos from my files by using the "attach file" link above. Is there another way?

Am I just confusing things?
9.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2004 10:21:57 AM Patty wrote:

Thanks, tomatoe, for the tip. But I'm confused as to how people just copy and paste photos. Nisstar says that is how she got hers to load. (On her 'help' post on this page.) She says 'Thanks....after hours of trying I finally figured out I could just open the pics in internet explorer and then just simply copied and pasted.' But you say that is not possible?
Patty, if you notice from the time she posted that initial message (9.28pm) and the time she finally was able to post pictures (10.18pm), she was told by Katbadness to attach the pictures onto Pricescope, which she ended up doing.
I do understand that a photo must be hosted on the internet and that Pricescope hosts photos from our files. I always attach photos from my files by using the 'attach file' link above. Is there another way? Am I just confusing things?
9.gif

What you are doing is correct and not confusing things at all! /idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif

Another tip is: If a photo has already been uploaded onto the internet, by pressing the button that looks like a mountain, you will be able to add in a link that allows you to post more than one picture into the same reply. /idealbb/images/smilies/5.gif

An example of what it will look like is this but without the spaces at the start and the end of the <>

croppedonpillow.jpg

----------------

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mine:

bestcropped1.JPG

Bagpuss's:

pear%20diamond%200.45ct.jpg

Mara's:

Regent%20finished%202.jpg

Whoo-Hoo, thanks tomatoe! I love learning how to do stuff here.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oooops...that would be me..sorry about that. After reading this I hope I finally have it figured out.
sick.gif

(edited to add)

I just remembered why I was doing it that way. I tried posting them the first time and uploaded them succesfully but I messed up on the post and it didn't show up. When I tried to repost I tried to do it the same way but it kept saying that there was an error and I couldn't find the url where the pictures were uploaded to PS. I still can't find them. I did search through the help posts but I couldn't find anything related to finding them once they were on here (but it may be that I just haven't found it yet). I tried finding them through your example of "http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/abc.jpg" or http://www.abcde.com/picture.jpg" but they don't show up that way either. I think I'm just going to retire from posting pictures /idealbb/images/smilies/sad.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
omgosh.jpg

blinding.jpg

Ok, I think I figured it out...

I clicked the mountain button and at the top I typed in /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/filename.jpg">. The pictures show up on my end as before but I still don't know if they're showing up on everyone else's end or not.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Good Job D4M,

I see them; clearly.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
Thank you, sevens one! I'm so glad it finally worked. And thanks tomatoe for posting this
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My "turn" to try. Hope this works this time.

Sharon

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo...Tiffany's
appl.gif
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results