shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds by Lauren 2.38ct FLY in Halo

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Well folks, the 1.4ct FLY halo from a whole month ago (ahem!) seriously intensified what was already a profound appreciation for all things yellow-radiant flavored :razz: So naturally the only thing to do was inconvenience DBL by trading up to a 2.38 in a similar setting. Absolutely fair play to David who went along with it all and delivered yet another beautiful piece of very well made jewellery. :appl:

The pros to the yellow radiant cut are not all that evident from still pictures, so the biggest advantage is that it's always 'on' -- in conditions that make my round brilliant cut (GIA ex) look a bit glassy this thing is all deep sparkle and warm glow. The light return is in 'a thousand splendid tiny suns' format -- in that many small light shards appear to come from deep within the stone and flicker rapidly with tiny movements. For people living in low-light or overcast conditions this type of cut and color would be an excellent answer I think. Some pics (and stats: 2.38 FLY SI1, 7.63 x 7.56mm. Halo stones F VS.):

DBL on hand2.jpg

DBL FLemoncubed.jpg

DBL FLY001.jpg

DBL FLY side1.jpg

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I seriously love it. I stalk the DBL site daily just to look at rings like this. Gorgeous!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Something about a FY diamond that makes my heart skip a beat.

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
It's really gorgeous! Congratulations on that stunner! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Am I right to assume FLY = Fancy Light Yellow? (I should know this by now!)

I love the yellow prongs, too! Beautiful, beautiful setting and stone. It looks GREAT on your hand.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

oh my! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks AMAZING on your hand!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is indeed a beauty!!! Congratulations! I love everything about it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a stunner! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! :love: Gorgeous, has a very glamorous feel to it! But elegant and classy as well, congrats!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I declare it to be sunnylicious! :love: I love it! The setting is amazing!

Hugs,
MDS

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
What a beauty! :appl:

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Wow, That's stunning!! I want one. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful...the color is lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I am thinking this is not fair...you have some Van Craeynest rings and now this!!! ;)) :love: :love: :love: You have a very nice ring collection!!!

I love the yellow stone with the yellow prongs! mmm lemon!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one yummy ring!!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
I already had chance to see and hold in my hand a 2 ct fancy yellow radiant cut loose stone. This was a magnificent moment!

Your ring is to die for! Congratulations Lady! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring and looks beautiful on your finger!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh what a pretty new bauble you've got there Aeolianarpa! Such a yummy, buttery colour :love: :love: and the workmanship looks fantastic!

Your entire collection is absolutely drool-worthy :lickout: :sun:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like a piece of sunshine on your hand. Beautiful.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful, serious finger coverage.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutIely gorgeous! I love the sunny FLY color, congratulations.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously gorgeous! Wow!

I have a teeny tiny (by PS standards) .75 FLY radiant from DBL, and it too is "always on". I love that radiant every bit as my super-dooper H&A J RB. And honestly, I get more comments on it than the round. Go figure. ;))

I have to say, I've never been very impressed by the DBL ring pictures. They always look clunky to me somehow, yet whenever someone posts a ring that they've had done by them, it is quite lovely. Maybe just something about their particular photography, but I'm definitely rethinking them as a potential ring-maker, as I see more and more consumer pics of their work.

Beautiful stone, beautiful ring. Lucky girl! :appl:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, simply stunning. I love it!!!!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
WOW! It is absolutely gorgeous. :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That is all I have to say!!! I LOVE IT!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond! :love:
I love the look of radiant cuts.
And that ring is TDF! Really beautiful!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thank you all for the lovely comments, they make for some very pleasant reading! :)

Hmr_mama, LOL, I'm with you -- I don't think I've ever stalked a website more than DBL... Hopefully now I can resist (a bit hehe!).

Haven, you're right, FLY is 'fine light yellow', the first band in the 'fine' series after Z color in the normal GIA color scale. It's the only FLY I"ll ever love, I know that :razz: An aside: I've seen your beauteous new rock (and self!) and have to drool. That baby is a class-act in all dimensions!

Junebug, glamor is what I was going for with this -- to kind of balance the lower-key part of the collection. Still waiting for things to settle down before I give in to the temptation to have everything reset in micro-pave halos, :cheeky: !!

DS, I had to swing for one all-bling ring because I'm about to enter the un-chartable waters of jewellery-moratorium :saint: Hehe, the sudden price-hike kind of swept us into this. Terrible things, projected price-increases ;-)

Yssie, I am much gratified to see you appreciate the workmanship! (And I didn't think it was possible for anyone to like the ever-so opposing styles of this collection!!) Drooling Aside: I've seen your refined e-ring and they have done a gorgeous job! The undercarriage is so well defined, swoop heaven :love:

Catmom, your Kobelli masterpiece is still my holy-grail FLY ring and the inspiration for this!

Ksinger, you've kept that golden light hidden under a bushel! :razz: Ah, it doesn't surprise me at all (though a few weeks ago I would have wondered!). If I'd ever seen a real-live FLY radiant before now I'd have been mesmerized all the way to PS to ask for directions! :Up_to_something: And I totally agree with the DBL thing, their workmanship seems to be several notches more clean and nuanced both these days and when the customer indicates what their general requirements are (being a PS member on its own is good way to convey this, I think).

Okay ladies, as always, thank you all for your gracious input. It's much appreciated. :))

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
ksinger|1302447531|2892522 said:
Seriously gorgeous! Wow!

I have a teeny tiny (by PS standards) .75 FLY radiant from DBL, and it too is "always on". I love that radiant every bit as my super-dooper H&A J RB. And honestly, I get more comments on it than the round. Go figure. ;))

I have to say, I've never been very impressed by the DBL ring pictures. They always look clunky to me somehow, yet whenever someone posts a ring that they've had done by them, it is quite lovely. Maybe just something about their particular photography, but I'm definitely rethinking them as a potential ring-maker, as I see more and more consumer pics of their work.

Beautiful stone, beautiful ring. Lucky girl! :appl:

I had the wonderful opportunity to see many of DBL's rings in person this weekend, along with a lot of gorgeous (GORGEOUS) loose stones. I used to think the same as you KSinger about his photos. But seeing the stones in person next to the pictures... erased all doubts and put a few misconceptions I had to rest.

The rings were solid, but not clunky or chunky. The ones I saw with the claw prongs were :love: The pave work was great (smooth and secure)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results