shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to sell or trade unused gift cards?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few merchant-specific gift cards that I know I will never use. One I have had for years, no expiration date, and I keep visiting the store and just can't seem to find anything that I really want. I have looked up several sites that will help you buy, sell, or trade gift cards but, of course, there are fees for this service. Anyone used one of these services with success? And did you find the fees to be reasonable? Instead of researching all of them (and usually I am a research nut) I am taking the lazy way out and just asking for what is probably better than research....and that's an honest referral. Thanks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've sold gift cards on eBay and never had any problems. What you want to do is make sure to keep a copy of the card # in case it gets lost in the mail. I send the GCs out in a bubble envelope and do DC.

You would be surprised at the number of people who bid the card to nearly the full value of the card. Yeah, there are eBay and PP fees, but no other risks and you're not really out that much. Like for a $50 card, you'll end up with something like $42 after expenses.

OOOOH, and I always offer free shipping. Buyers like that ;-)

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I have also sold gift cards on Craigs List. I've had pretty good luck unloading them there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results