shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Looking for an "infinity" shape setting

sodabrab

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I've been snooping around here for the past few weeks and I have learned a lot from the forums. I also did some clever snooping with my gf to get an idea of what she likes. I know she likes Princess cuts, and I was thinking a center stone ~1CT G color SI1-VS2 clairity. A while back, she was looking at rings on google images and she really REALLY liked this design:

Beautiful-Engagement-Rings.jpg
http://bellybuttonrings1.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Beautiful-Engagement-Rings.jpg but it's a sketchy site, I would never give them my CC info (there wasn't even a link to buy)

WhiteFlash has this
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/diamond-settings/infinity-diamond-engagement-ring-56.htm but it really doesn't look anything like the first one.

Another google image I think she would like:
http://ringoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/diamond-infinity-ring.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate it! :))

Lexie

Shiny_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what about getting something custom made?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first ring, the one in the photo in your initial posting, looks like a CAD rendering and not a photo of a real item. It is very heavy by today's standards and would be very costly although it would last for a lifetime as thick as it is. In the real world, with gold reaching a record high again today, a lighter styling is more likely going to be more readily offered. It is not an "unusual" style with a cross-over or "infinity" sign on the shoulder paved with diamonds. Likely you will find a ready made version, but it is not a difficult special order for a well equipped shop to make. Don't victimize yourself by selecting an overly thinnish, too light ring, due to budget constraints. Better to leave out the diamonds in the shoulders than to opt for a ring which is doomed by being too delicate even when it is new. Over time, all daily wear rings wear thinner and today's popular, so very thin and delicate rings are going to become headaches for owners sooner or later.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is definitely a rendering from a CAD program and you should be able to find somebody to make that sort of ring for you... There are several jewelers here on PS who offer custom work and I'm sure that somebody here will be happy to point you in the direction of those who do. The site you indicate as "sketchy" seems to be little more than a target site for certain key words which are likely to result in the generation of click through revenue for Google Ads - at least that's my impression of it. Yea, I wouldn't give them my credit card number either :-o

sodabrab

Rough_Rock
Lexie|1301970222|2887997 said:
The first setting that came to mind is the Tacori 2627PRLG.

Thats very similar. Thanks! If I buy a ring like this Tacori from a jeweler, is it still a good idea to get the center stone from bluenile/whiteflash/etc and have them set it or just get everything from the jeweler? BTW, how much do jewelers usually charge to set and resize a ring?

I did some more searching and I saw this: http://www.jrjewelers.com/Infinity_Design_Engagement_Ring_prk/Jewelry_srk/ but says it was designed for round cuts. Does that mean it cannot be modified by a jeweler for a princess cut?

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone. Keep them coming. :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if that last one you posted could be modified for a princess but I see some key differences, mainly that the loops are thinner whereas in the original ring the bands start almost at the edge of the princess. The Tacori is nice but has an ornate basket (is this something you think your GF would like? if so then seems like a winner.) GOG carries Tacori so you could contact them, you could also price out getting stone/setting separately, or getting all from your local Tacori dealer.

anyway if the Tacori is not exactly what you are looking for, I still vote for a custom setting. Many people think custom = expensive but not necessarily, and it's a good way to get exactly what you want.

sodabrab

Rough_Rock
asymons412|1302067859|2889005 said:
I really like that second one, the Insignia 7050. How much do you think that settings costs? My budget is ~ $5000.

tyty333 said:
This one is great too, although I need one that will fit a princess stone.

slg47 said:
I think she would prefer settings without the ornate basket, but thanks for suggesting it.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
sodabrab|1302148581|2889917 said:
asymons412|1302067859|2889005 said:
I really like that second one, the Insignia 7050. How much do you think that settings costs? My budget is ~ $5000.

The 7050 runs ~2500 in white gold, which goes up to ~3000 if you want platinum. If you go for the white gold (depending on her tastes), based on quick whiteflash search, you can get a 0.9ct SI1-VS2 diamond and still stay close to your budget [might go over just a bit].

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results