shape
carat
color
clarity

PS disease... influenced this purchase...1.5ct OEC Studs

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I found this site doing research on my Ering... got interested in it and now I am officially sucked in at a "cost". Reading ALL the forums I fell in love with OEC's.. New studs had been on my wish list for awhile.. RB's I thought.. then I found a pair of earrings on ebay that were made by JbEG... They were listed with an appraisal and the appraised price of $5,500. I bid on them and won at a considerably lower price. :appl: I received them.. sadly.. the bezels looked horrible in my ears (clearly my ears need startch to hold them up).. but I took them to my jeweler to be reset.. now I am waiting.. not so patiently... next week hopefully for my first OEC diamonds.. in new four prong 18K WG settings ...

1.5 total carat weight
Stone a: I - VS1
Stone b: J SI1

I am also having new apprasials and measurements.. I hope it's as wonderful as I think it's going to be.. the jewler said they looked really good and culets are still in tact.. and they looked good in the loupe... patience it not my strength...

JbEG Ebay Purchase.jpg

earring A.jpg

earring B.jpg

bezels.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
two last pictures....

bezel set OEC in the ear.JPG

box.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, they are stunning! Oh, you lucky girl, you must be going crazy waiting to get these back! Junebug is just a little green with envy! :mrgreen:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug.. you made me LOL :lol: loving them via pictures right now...

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Oh I remember these from eBay! I thought they were stunning but they were wayyyy out of my price range at 5500$ - they weren't up for auction at the time and that was the 'buy it now' price. Oh I wonder what you got them for :naughty:

They are beautiful Mayk, although I would have them reset too. I love bezels but I find those particularly heavy looking and generally too contemporary for the pretty OECs.

I can hardly wait to see your new earrings! I know it's hard to be patient; I am sitting at home waiting for my new studs (considerably smaller .80tcw OEC pair) after delays with shipping/customs. Hope things will move fast for you.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Really happy for you Mayk. Half price is good! :bigsmile:. I was wondering if they were sold by someone in the trade or the original owner; how cool that it was a pleasant transaction for you all round!

You should post in SMTB, but I suppose you might be waiting for the stones to come back in their new homes?

edited: P.S. Please tell us about the studs next to your newbies :naughty:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
will do on SMTB !!! The jeweler called today and when they came out of the bezels...they are beautiful... so Monday... :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1301607159|2884545 said:
will do on SMTB !!! The jeweler called today and when they came out of the bezels...they are beautiful... so Monday... :love:
:appl: Yay! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You girls are not going to believe this. The newbie scored. The jeweler called today and they are awesome.

.72 ct I VS2
.76 ct J SI1

The new appraisal $8,000. He said he wasn't sure why the original was $5,500. I can't get them until Monday. It's killing me.

I might be a "rough rock" but I am a lucky rough rock.

Whoooo hoooooo. (Southern Girl)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have a question. Would the apprasisl (which I know is higher than retail) be higher because they were not in the bezels and they could actually be measured. The more I think about it the more I feel like a. I stole them or b. The appraisal is inflated. Odd. My conscious is after me.

http://isadoras.com/1160/vintage-diamond-stud-earrings
Found these on a website. I need to stop playing on this iPad!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$5500 sounds closer to being correct, in my opinion. A pair of new excellent cut rounds at I VS2 in the .72-.76 range will cost around $5000, and old stones shouldn't run higher than that. So I think you did get a good deal, but I'd want to insure closer to the $5000 range so as not to overpay ins. premiums.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you diamondseeker. Just proving I'm a "rough rock" :read:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
LOL... PS can definitely be an influence. They're gorgeous and can't wait to see them on Monday! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results