shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged on our camping trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JKohio

Rough_Rock
Last week, the boyfriend and I went on a backpacking & canoeing trip in Ontario. It was beautiful! The leaves were just starting to change, making for great scenery. On the last day of the canoeing portion of our adventure, he proposed & I accepted! That morning, we were enjoying the gorgeous view of colorful hillsides as we stood at our lakeside campsite. As I was suggesting that maybe we should start packing it up, he said he ''wanted to show me something first''. As he started fumbling with the ID holder he wore around his neck, under his t-shirt, I realized what was happening, and all I could say was ''oh my God'' over & over, as tears started streaming down my smiling face. I think I was shaking. He pulled the ring out of a little round plastic box that was in the ID pouch, went down on one knee and said my name, and ''marry me''. I said ''yes''. It seemed a little more formal for the occasion than ''okay''. He slipped the beautiful solitaire on my 6-days-in-the-backwoods grubby finger. Hehe! There was lots of crying & hugging & kissing from both of us. I never expected him to bring it to Canada, let alone carry it around for a week in the backwoods! It was the BEST surprise ever. I was absolutely ecstatic (sp?)! He said that all week he''d been hoping that I wouldn''t notice it because he wouldn''t have been able to come up with a cover story. Luckily, I had no idea.

The ring is a lovely simple solitaire - round, brilliant cut .55 carat diamond, I, Si1 in white gold (with a little yellow gold on the swirl).
Back in April, we shopped together & I picked out the setting & the diamond, but didn''t see the finished ring until Friday. I love, love, LOVE
it! We haven''t set an actual date for the wedding, but it will be sometime before September 2005.

If I can figure out how to post photos on here, I''ll do that soon!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
That sounded like a wonderful proposal. The weather last week was sparkling, at least here in Southern Ontario, and I hope you had the same in Algonquin Park. Congratulations to the two of you!

JKohio

Rough_Rock
Here it is on my finger (at long last)...
appl.gif

jk-finger.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAY JKohio!
appl.gif

What a great way for a proposal! Your ring is beautiful! I love it!

Melissa

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Nice ring too!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!
appl.gif
love.gif
appl.gif
love.gif
appl.gif
love.gif
appl.gif

What a great proposal, and your ring is beautiful!!!!!
love.gif
Is it a custom design?

How was trekking that canoe across the park?
2.gif

JCJD

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring looks quite unique and very beautiful.

We went camping on our honeymoon. There's a lot to be said for the great outdoors!
1.gif

It didn't do us any harm; we've been married 28 years.
9.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hurrah Jkohio,
You brought tears to my eyes! What a lovely setting! It's so unique and it looks lovely on your hand. (Way to clean up the nails after the camping trip
naughty.gif
)
Tybee

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... what a great story, and very unique ring (I mean that in a good way!
2.gif
)

Best wishes!!!
1.gif

JKohio

Rough_Rock
No, the ring isn't a custom design... just a lucky find. In the 'tray' of settings at the jewelry store, we were actually BOTH drawn to it. It was the only one like it in the box. I love rings with a little curve to their design. Simple, yet dressy at the same time, I think.
love.gif
I like the fact that it is a solitaire with a twist, so to speak.
twirl.gif

We only had to haul the canoe through one portage on the way to the site and again on the way back. Turns out that a Kevlar canoe 'only' weighs 55 pounds. He easily took care of that.
1.gif

JKohio

Rough_Rock
An update... we've talked it over & decided to go for an April 2005 wedding after all! (That was kinda the plan since last spring, but FI waited so long to 'pop the question' that we weren't sure if we could pull it off.) Anyhow, planning is coming along pretty well (scary!
eek.gif
).
appl.gif
We lined up the hall & church this week & I bought my dress & veil last night. Talk about crazy whirlwind of planning! So much to do...
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results