shape
carat
color
clarity

Need idea for 50th wedding anniversary gift

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
It's for my aunt and uncle. I'm not particularly close to them, usually just see them at family functions which are few and far between; however, this is such a wonderful time for them and I would like to get them something nice. My Mom and I will be getting a gift together but we are at a total loss.

I can usually figure something out for a silver anniversary but this is my first invitation to a golden celebration. We would like for it to be something usable so a nice frame comes to mind but I'm afraid everyone will be getting frames. And there's not a lot of room in their home to sit things around, anyway. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm on a budget...so jewelry is definitely out. A thoughtful, clever gift would be better than a pricey one. So....who out there is thoughtful and clever? :D

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
Not sure if this is clever, but I do think it's thoughtful ;-)

Especially since you mentioned a multitude of frames, perhaps a gift certificate for a photo shoot? I say this as a photographer, so I am biased :) Many of my clients purchase gift certificates for anniversaries, baby gifts and Christmas presents. Just a thought!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
What about a nice leather bound or hard cover photo book with pics of their family through their lives (starting when they first started dating to present)- picaboo.com (best quality I've found for a reasonable price) There are loads of different layouts and backgrounds to make each page unique and you can add captions to pics if you choose.

I've done so many of these and they've always been received soooo well- normally with tears (the good kind ;)) )

Prices range from $20-over $200 depending on how many pages. They run specials all the time and you can find coupons online.

You can get older pics from family/friends and scan them in and ask for copies via email on any digital pics.

--

Another idea I LOVE is asking their family and friends to write something about the couple and email it to you. A friend of mine did this for her boyfriend's 30th bday and she received wonderful stories, heartfelt thoughts about her BF, funny incidents etc. Then type them all up and have that made into a book. Her BF laughed and cried when he received and read the gift. This could be as inexpensive as $20 but will surely be cherished.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Acrossley|1300494885|2874957 said:

Especially since you mentioned a multitude of frames, perhaps a gift certificate for a photo shoot? I say this as a photographer, so I am biased :) Many of my clients purchase gift certificates for anniversaries, baby gifts and Christmas presents. Just a thought!

Crap. I forgot to send in the payment for my nieces photoshoot present. Crap. Thanks for the remind.

AND since this isn't all about me (hah), golden anniversary present. I think a pair of gold rimmed champagne flutes (possibly with their wedding date and names etched on the bottom of the flutes (where they rest on the table) and a bottle of Champagne would be a nice, and thoughtful gift.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Maid cleaning service, however many times you can afford. If it's their golden they must be older and difficult to clean things (like the tub/toilet/etc)

stci

Ideal_Rock
May I suggest an art gift made by you like scrap booking? I think it's adorable to receive this type of gift. You gave your heart, love and humor with this type of art. :love:

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful ideas!! :appl: I will be seeing my Mom today so I will share these with her. I forgot to say we are limited on time, only have one week, so whatever we do it must be quickly. Thanks everyone!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acrossley|1300494885|2874957 said:

This is a great idea. For my parents 50th they had a current picture of them that also had a picture of them cutting
their cake on their wedding day as well as a picture of them cutting their cake on their 50th anniversary. It turned out
very nice.

Also, these people are running a special for a free 8x10 canvas picture right now or $50 towards any canvas picture if you
can get a current picture of them.
http://canvaspeople.com/canvas-discount?utm_source=HO_CP&utm_medium=Affil&utm_campaign=0734

soocool

Ideal_Rock
How about a copy of the newspaper that was issued on their wedding day in a frame? Perhaps they had their wedding announcement in the newspaper a long time ago. You may have luck and get a copy of it with their photo and announcement and frame it?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
These are fabulous ideas! I wished I had more time to pursue some of them. I'm keeping these ideas for future anniversaries so thanks to all for the ideas! We ended up getting a nice wallhanging that says "A true love story never ends", a wooden box that has a frame on one side of it and when you lift the top there are hanging photo sleeves for compact storage of pictures, and a gift card to a fancy-schmancy restuarant in their area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results