shape
carat
color
clarity

To those with LOGR settings

ked123

Rough_Rock
I first learned of this vendor on this board (thank you), and am considering purchasing a setting. A few people mentioned upgrading the metal to 18K and/or the diamond color.

Will I see a big difference in the setting by doing this? Would you mind posting a pic of your beautiful ring so I can see differences?

Thanks again for all your help!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say upgrade if you want. I upgrade the gold, though not the diamonds. They've been fine for me, though the upgraded ones do look nice.

I'm spoiled with the feel of 18K, and tend to go that route.

Some people don't upgrade and are fine (can be interesting if you don't though), some people just upgrade the diamonds and that works for them, and some upgrade everything they can on the setting.

Its a matter of whats best for you and your budget.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only time I upgrade the gold is if I want a more buttery yellow gold, and 18K gold is better than 14K for that reason. However, I don't think you will observe any noticeable difference in the 14K white or rose vs. the 18K white or rose. I have both, and I don't. I think with LOGR, your best bet is to upgrade the diamonds, as the upgraded ones tend to be much nicer than the starndard SI single cuts. At least that's my experience.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't upgrade the metal because I like the hardness of 14k. The only time I would upgrade is if the ring is one of his higher end pieces but even then I'd have to think about it!

In terms of diamonds I would definitely upgrade if you're colour/inclusion sensitive. If you don't upgrade it's totally hit and miss whether the diamonds will be good or bad. There also doesn't appear to be a direct corelation with price (which doesn't help)! I typically upgrade the diamonds and in all settings where I've done that I've been happy with the result.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ked123!!!

I just purchased a LOGR setting. It is 14k yellow and I did not upgrade the diamonds. I read somewhere on PS from someone who stated you may get some grey diamonds and depending on the setting you choose you may receive single cut (like my setting) or full cut stones. Read the auction description very cafefully to confirm you a getting what you want.

Here is my forum if you'd like to the some photos of the setting...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1st-amethyst-purchase-opinions-please.157595/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1st-amethyst-purchase-opinions-please.157595/[/URL]

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results