shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I'm pretty new to pricescope and I have a 30 month old daughter and a 10 month old son. It's so nice to have a forum to talk to others in the same boat!!

To the first of many posts!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Advice on kids shoes....

J does not walk yet and only cruises around holding on to stuff. She hates shoes! I feel so clueless when it comes to shoes. I have been checking out the pediped original shoes and like it but don't know if it's okay to buy since she is a pre-walker, i guess. whatever. What kind do you guys get? :wavey: Thanks!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi mtj :) I like the striderite shoes. But really I just buy based on criteria rather than brand. I like shoes with straps that have a heavy heel and can bend easily (since Sophia walks on her toes).

Welcome Erin!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Erin!

T has always loved shoes. I used to buy pedipeds and see kai run. They both are really good quality for developing feet.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Jumping in here because today K turned 1. Can't believe it.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Erin! :wavey:

Happy Birthday K! :appl:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sha!! How is beautiful D doing?? What's new with her? How are you?!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Erin!

Happy birthday K!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mtj - em walked at 8 months so a lot of the shoes went out of the window for being just cute and not really walkable. right now she's good with robeez. however, a friend of mine loves pedipeds [original], so we just bought her a pair. they seem good. flexible. i like how the bottom is black so it shouldn't look all worn so quick like other brands. they are a little big for her, but i think i'm going to like them. or she's going to like them :]

oh, and a lot of what i read re: shoes is pedipeds for early walking stages and stride rite once they start running.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
fiery|1300327012|2873668 said:
Hi Sha!! How is beautiful D doing?? What's new with her? How are you?!

Hi fiery! :wavey:

I must've missed your post earlier - thanks for checking up on us! :)) D is good - 15 1/2 months now and getting into everything she can. My watch went missing a week ago and I'm pretty sure she plopped it in the toilet - that's where she likes to put everything these days. :rolleyes: :lol: :(( So yeah...I need to get a new watch. But other than that - she's great! Still getting colds pretty frequently (daycare) but other than that, as active as can be. She's an absolute joy - cracks me and DH up every day. :razz:

And how is gorgeous Sophia? How old is she now?

On the topic of gorgeousness - I really miss seeing pics of the little ones. There're so many cute baby pics on the Newborn thread, but when we transition over here it's like a pic desert.... :( I miss seeing how all the babies are growing up. I know that pics aren't done over here because of the growing recognizability of the babies, and I get that... but, if there's anyone in this thread who doesn't mind that, please share....!! I don't mind posting pics at all, but don't want to be the only one...

Acrossley

Rough_Rock
Hi friends!
I wanted to pop in as a mommy to a sweet 18 month little boy :D We are hitting our first "attitude" period .... Bryant has started telling me "doe" this week (translation no). I know I've got more of this to come :(sad

We are also considering TTC again sometime this upcoming winter. Bryant would be three by the time potential baby #2 arrived. I'm a wedding photog, so I have to plan delivery (as best as possible) around my busy periods ;-)

Any other moms feel the burden of planning/ mothering around occupational obligations? I love being a mom, and I love being a photog, but I feel the burden of juggling the two falls on me much more than my husband. He doesnt have to consider where the baby will be during meetings or other obgligations (Bryant does go to school two days weekly). AND how do any of you balance this with TWO???? :confused:

Glad to join you all!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sha I'll post an updated pic of Sophia below. I feel like I share so much on FB that I forget to share on here too :cheeky: She's 20 months now, will be 21 months next week! Almost 2 :errrr:

haha on the watch issue! Our two magic hiding spots is the toy chest and the dishwasher. Hope you find your watch!! And she's the cutest so I hope you'll post some pics!

Acrossley-Welcome to the thread! I still juggle with challenges that come up as a working mom but we have a pretty good evening routine. It's the weekends that we need help with. There's a great TTC thread if you haven't checked it out already!

Soph.jpg

IMG_20110221_153807.jpg
(she doesn't like the sand very much lol)

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Firey - She's so beautiful! Love all her gorgeous hair and that smile.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pics, fiery! Thanks for sharing. Sophia is so cute... :)) look at her all big and grown-up....awwwww..... :love:

Acrossley - welcome! I hear you about feeling the weight of parenting a lot more than your husband. Same thing here....I'm thinking of TTC#2 soon as well, but get worried when I think of having to juggle a toddler and a baby almost all by myself. DH does help out in other areas....well, cooking mostly....but sometimes I still feel like a single mother balancing childcare and mostly everything else on my own. IBeing a working mom is a constant juggling act, I think. Have you and the DH talked dividing the responsiblity a little bit more evenly in preparation for #baby 2?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sha you need to come on over to FB lady, it's where all the pics are. But I'll post a pic for you...I just got them this week. Here's a pic from J's 13mo photography session, I have lots of cake smash pics (that I posted on FB lol) but this is one of my favorites and it's not even from cake smash. I love his eyes here.

Happy Birthday K!!! DRK cannot believe your little girl is 1 already.

welcome Acrossley.

mtj, I miss seeing your updates..!! We only have See Kai Run shoes for J so far and we LOVE them. We get the 'Smaller' product line, which are soft soled and he loves them. We also got a few of the regular hard soled ones for summer but for now he's still in Smaller. I wait til the SKR go on sale (usually 40-50%) and then buy a few pairs.

J13moinjacketAF.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
jCrow-I love pediped! J loves them too! hehe! i agree on the black sole, it doesn't look as worn as the others!

Mara-Awww! I miss ya too! I haven't been on here much but we are still chugging along! I love ur lil man's pic! such a handsome lil man! I love his teeth! hehe! J is barely popping one in, on her upper gums. I stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago and she has been suffering so much. She is a big girl now and needs to go with it hehee! She has been a little sick and will eat here and there but how she loves her milk! I am glad to be back on here! hehe! I will need to post some new pics of here soon! Oh, yeah and Diva J, or should i say lazy diva j doesn't want to walk yet. She cruises along holding on to stuff and I go to grab her arms and she throws herself on the floor and yells at me! :o

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mtj - I was told to put Daisy in pre-walkers once she was walking independently for 6-8 weeks but not before then.

I had Start-rite's 'Prewalkers' till she got to a size 5 and then she had the 'First Walking' shoes that have proper ankle support. I go for T-bars with buckles as the little imp knows how to get out of velcro.

I'm somewhat obsessive about proper shoes.

Sadly at the last appointment they told me that she has definitely inherited my very high instep which is going to be a total PITA for her. Basically you can only wear boots or shoes with buckles as the rest won't stay on - and even then most are made with the straps too short to fit over the top of the foot. I loathe shoe shopping, all my shoes come from one shop and if I find ones I like I buy a couple of pairs!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
mara - that's such a cute pic of J! He looks like a little model - a little Gap model.... :)) Such a cutie. What's he up to these days?

mtjoya - Good to see you around! Your updates on J made me laugh. :lol: I'm struggling to wean D now myself, at almost 16 months. I love breastfeeding and would continue or a bit longer, but think it's time for my body to get back to itself. D loves it though...she would probably bf forever if she could.

How old is J now? Please post a pic when you can!

Here's a quick pic of D.

dstyling1.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I never come on this thread, but am missing the pics of Sha's D. what a cutie! :love:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
awww...thanks noelwr! :)) I think all the PS babies are so beautiful.... :love: We must all have some great genes! :cheeky:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTJ...you're preaching to the choir about toddler attitude.. J is keeping me on my TOES and then some. He's super stubborn, very smart and impish and tries to get my goat. And the tantrums, wow I ask him are you sure you aren't 2 yet?? he likes to throw himself on the ground and wail there while we walk around him. I know we're in for it!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

I am quickly writing before I have to go into work...I will get back soon!

Sha-I wish that I didn't stop but J almost bit my nipple off! I would yell and she would laugh. She made me bleed once. It's been a hard process but hang in there girl!

Mara-OMG...J is the same way! She throws herself back and hits the floor. I tell her, I don't care, are you done? lol. But, I don't believe that J does that to you, he looks like such a sweet angel! hehe!

Pandora-J hates her shoes, ugh! Thanks for the advice. She has some robeez and some pedipeds. Shoes are so damn expensive! More expensive than mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the bebes are sooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love the pics! I will post as soon as I can.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sha: I love pictures of Miss D!!

Chugging along over here--7 days until due date!!

Here are some pictures of Evan (nearly 17 months) from the park the other day

evansliding.jpg

evanswinging.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
This is pic from 2 mos. ago. I will post one soon!

jplayground.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
mtjoya - thanks for posting a pic! J is adorable. I love her big bright eyes!

tavo - wow! it's almost time! :appl: I didn't realize you were so close. You're having a girl, right? How do you think E will react to the new baby? He looks like such a big boy now. Love that second pic of him shooting down the slide! :lol:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE that slide pic, Tao!!

MTJ.. J is such a beautiful little lady now..!! I can't believe how big our kids are, craziness. And don't let J's sweet face fool you, the kid is a tasmanian devil lol. :naughty:

Speaking of shoes, I just discovered 2 pairs of SKR's that I bought a long time ago that are now too small for J. Fail. I might try to sell them on eBay. They are brand new.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
MTJ: J is such a little cutie!!!

Sha: I have no clue how Evan is going to take to his sister.....He's too young to understand what is going on....Hopefully he won't go backwards and start acting too different.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1297446771|2849378 said:
We finally got our complete homestudy and were able to officially accept the referral of B, the 28 month old toddler boy we are adopting from Ethiopia :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: ...he won't be home until late spring or summer, but wanted to stick my toe in and thank everyone again for their help with my earlier questions:)

Bella, I am sooooooooo happy fo you guys, congratulations!!! Can't wait to see a pic of your little man! :bigsmile:

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I haven't been on ps in forever, but everyone's kiddos are so cute!

mtj, I just wanted to add that if your dd really hates shoes, there's nothing wrong with letting her go barefoot at this point as well! Ds started walking over the summer when we were in florida, so most days he was barefoot and did just fine. Once he was walking to the point where we were going out to play, I did start putting him in shoes/sandals (we had a pair of the cheaper shoes from Target that are like the Robeez and a pair of sandals from See Kai Run that we LOVED, I just ordered him a bigger size for this year too), but he was definitely happy barefoot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results