shape
carat
color
clarity

Agate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
OOH...forgot to mention it has lots of blues and purples which are more rare colors in fire agate.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Would you be so kind to take some pictures of your fire agate pendant for us? I was wondering how one can go about setting such an odd shape gem in to a piece of jewelry.
confused.gif

thanks...

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Very nice stone. My 21 year old son will be in today to help me post the pictures as I did it wrong. Better with stones than computer stuff.
A request is for shapes of fire agate, you will see many shapes, but not shapes as you are used to seeing, more free form. Following where nature put the color, rather than cookie cutter shapes and sizes.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's a beautiful stone, MerKaBa. The color combination is one of my all-time favorites and that quality is hard to come by. Such pieces don't seem to turn up very often when I'm out searching for rough to buy!

Richard M.

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of my pendant. I don't have the same photo set up I used to so this is a shotty picture and doesn't really do it justice but....... The Agate is a tight fit in the molded setting and is secure with an adhesive. I really didn't want to use an adhesive but, it seemed the only way and has been very secure thus far. I considered prongs but thought it would detract from the agate and not make the piece look as clean. T

The agate is 85ct and is from AZ.

I LOVE this pendant.

I took some more pics of my other prizes agates that I will post in a moment.

Fire.JPG

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
Here is an Australian Agate with yellow and red bands. In some the areas the color is speckled and the piece has a lot of depth.

It reminds me of flame.

AustraliaFlame.jpg

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
This is a Laguna Agate from Mexico. This is a collectible location which produces some amazing patterns of varying colors.

This agate has bands of maroon, light pink and white. There is also crytalline quartz center.

Laguna2.jpg

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
I really wish I had a better camera to capture the details of this next specimen.

It is shaped just like a sea anemone and starts as microcrystalline fire agate at the base and blossoms into a disc of quartz crystals. The center of the crystals is brown and has a little of the iridescent phenomena of the fire agate.

This is a neat little thumbnail

Anemone.JPG

MerKaBa

Rough_Rock
OK here is the last one and I saved the best for last. This is one my favorite specimens in my collection.

This is another Laguna Agate from Mexico. This agate has orange, yellow, olive grean, red and cream colors in it. I would love to slice this for a pendant or belt buckle but I just don't know what lies below.

The specimen exhibits perilax which is best described as a sense of "movement" in parts of the stone when you tilt the stone back and forth. It kind of looks like water in there but isn't water. Agates with water are a whole 'nother subject that fascinate me.

This Laguna Agate is kinda freaky like an eye...don't you think?

Eye.JPG

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, since we're on the subject of Laguna agates how can I resist??? I don't normally cut cabochons from fine Lagunas, which are better kept as specimens. These cabs came from "heel" pieces that had no better use.

Laguna agates are found at the Laguna Ranch in Chihuahua, Mexico, and are one of the finest and most colorful fortification agates in the world. Fortification agates are named after banding that looks like the outlines of old castles and other ancient fortifications. Digging for this material is very restricted and rough material is rare and expensive.

This stone has fortification banding and a sagenite 'puff' consisting of an interesting round intergrowth of unidentified needle-like crystals.

Laguna 1.JPG

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here's another Laguna (I sized the previous one down, but not enough apparently. I hope this and subsequent images are smaller!) I'm partial to yellow agate hues (tastes vary) and this long pendant piece is definitely 'mellow yellow.'

Richard M.

Laguna 2.JPG

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Just in time for Halloween.

Joker....

Casper.jpg

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
That is just too COOL, joker!!!!
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

www.artegioie.it

Rough_Rock
Hallo,I Am new of this forum.I am Italian.
this agate is beautifulst.It is in sale?
emsmile.gif

thanks

www.artegioie.it

Rough_Rock
Hallo,what thinks some about this agate fire?
it is a good investment?
This agate misures 20mm x 16.5mm and 7.7mm
how much would have to cost an agate like this?
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grazia from Italy

agate viola.jpg

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Myyyyyy worrrrrrd this fire agate stuff is astonishing. I fully agree with the poster who said that it was so cool hanging out in an unfamiliar forum to find out more about people''s interests. And now I''m very interested indeed in knowing where you can buy fire agate. People mention europe as a place where the stone is in demand but I''ve never seen any. Guys where can I find some please? Do any of you sell and would you ship overseas?
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results