clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loriken214|1297734284|2852035 said:
tourmaline_lover|1297615481|2850776 said:
blithesome71|1297598235|2850675 said:
It's been awhile since I last posted some gem shots. Now I'm really excited about posting my recently acquired gem

First...

My color shift Lavender Spinel from Vietnam (it's 9.7x8.6x6.3mm) I bought it last month, first week of January from my trusted local dealer. It seriously needs a recut & repolishing ::) **notice the pink flash in some shots. too bad I wasn't able to include some photos taken under incandescent light to see its dramatic shift to pastel pink hue**

I likey!! That stone is beautiful. Here's my new small spinel, 6.5mm. Very little grey, reminds me of a purple sapphire, and very sparley.

TL...where are you finding these spinels???

Lori

Various ebay vendors I trust. I always make sure my spinels have inclusions indicative to natural material so I know I'm not getting synthetics. I wish I could buy nice stones from one of the lapidaries here, but I can't beat other PS'ers to the punch, so I have to search out my own sources for these gems.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Well, you're finding some amazing specimens!!!

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lori!! I try, I do quite a bit of hunting.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL! Your spinel is so bright & pretty. What a great find ;))

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
I recently had my emerald reset with larger diamonds. I was so happy with this setting I wanted to show off the ring. I hope you like it. My husband picked out the emerald, and I think he did a great job.

1.61 ct emerald cut Zambian emerald, 7mm x 5mm
0.82 ctw radiant cut diamonds, E color, VVS1
ring size is 7 in platinum

DSC_0708.jpg
DSC_0679.jpg
DSC_0693.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo Goffgirl, very pretty! :love: Do you wear it with a band or by itself? It has amazing presence!

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the complement. I really love this ring. Now if I could get the camera to really show its sparkle...

To answer your question, I do wear the ring with a couple of 2mm bands that are set with the small 2pt diamonds from my original engagement ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got some issues scrolling through my pics (anyone else having that problem??) Anyway the 2 red spinels are the newest rings. soup5.jpg

2 more stones coming in the future, 2 more rings probably end of march. Then there's the one in June/july but thats another story :tongue:

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results