shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 5.6 carat ID Jewelry eternity band!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LaLove, you sparked a frenzy on PS!!!!!! I never even WANTED a big eternity until I saw yours! Then I tried it on and I was like... OK, I'm in troouuuuuble!!!!! Look what you've done! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Kimber, can't WAIT to see what you got! LaLove, your ring totally changed my mind because when I tried it on, I could see a huge difference in the look of a 5-stone and an eternity. Also, after wearing my 5-stone for a while, I didn't like how you could see sometimes that the diamonds didn't go all the way around. Two colleagues at work who LOVE my 5-stone would oooh and ahh but would say they wanted the same thing just with diamonds all the way around. I would always pshaw and say, "But that wouldn't be COMFORTABLE in 40 point stones!" What did I know? Ha! I saw yours, tried it on...and that was IT! DH thanks you very much! :naughty: LOL! Are you having fun with it? You must get stopped all the time!

Lizzyann01 - that looks like the higher profile shared prong setting! I have my 5-stone in a super low profile plat setting and have been very happy with it. No gunk gets in there and all you see are nekkid glorious diamonds! The higher profile setting would behave the same way, I think. They're pretty much the same, I think - one is just lower than the other. Both are really really pretty IRL and sit on the finger so perfectly rounded! LALove's ring is causing a mini-revolution here, I see! Can't wait to see yours! I saw eternities in 15-20 pointers and boy, those are GORGEOUS and plenty big, too! Very comfy for the POW effect!!! :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't love any jewelry in the world the way i love eternity bands - LAlove - your ring is SPECTACULAR! and the ones bliss posted are incredible too! :love: :love: :love:

Bliss, i agree about the 5 stone vs. eternity - i waffled between the two before i decided to do the eternity. With the five stone, you get much bigger stones - my sister voted for 5 stone, but i just love the way the full eternity looks :love:

I have an eternity band instead of a traditional engagement ring. It's all I ever really wanted - my stones are only 10 pointers, but it's a decent every day size. Funny, when i got it, it looked so big to me! But now, after seeing all these pictures....well... :Up_to_something:

I did show this thread to my adorable husband - and told him if I ever upgrade, I want one of these 40 pointers. He said "isn't that what you have?" :tongue: ummmmm, yeah, NOPE! ;))

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Bliss, The ring looks awesome on you. Wow! That is great you will be able to use your 5 stone diamonds in your new eternity band
if you go forward with this.......Maybe a PUSH present???? Were you at ID jewelry when these were taken?

LA love, if you decide to upgrade will ID take your ring back? I hope so! I am sure he could sell it to someone on Pricescope
after all your beautiful photos! Good luck with your decision and if you decide "no" your ring is awesome! Can't wait to get
mine in a week or so. I just could not get it out of my head after seeing your post. I have wanted one for ages!

Will post photos as soon as it arrives!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1292442138|2797758 said:
Hey LALove! Still loving your eternity! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I'm officially obsessed!

To answer your question... it's a tough call!

If I had an unlimited budget, I would absolutely do GIA certified cream of the crop stones handpicked by Yekutiel. He can find the most WOW diamonds, that's a fact! I get so many comments on my 5-stone because it just goes crazy in all lighting - fluorescent, candlelight, shaded natural lighting, sunlight... it's just insane. Definitely worth it and I love feeling like I got the best of the best in terms of cut and etc. Now, Yekutiel might not let me get uncertified stones - LOL - because he knows what I like and the crazy super ideal cuts I'm used to... so it's almost like he knows I won't be as happy with the performance of uncertified stones after being used to all the MAZAL cut diamonds he's found for me. Oy!

STILL... I do have a diamond cross 1.85 tcw that his father made with uncertified but excellent cut stones and that cross is fiery and beautiful in all lighting conditions. I have always been super happy with those diamonds and I feel they DO hold their own. So I'd say ID's uncertified excellent cut stones are AWESOME... In truth, I'm pretty sure I would be happy with uncertified stones for my eternity and I told Yekutiel that but sometimes he knows me better than I know myself! Ha!

We're thinking of mixing my MAZAL beauties with uncertified stones that are super amazing to go around... so maybe I can have a mix of POW and AWESOME??? Still deciding! Sigh - I love love love your ring! Perfect carat weight - huge and simple. I love love love it! I went and visited the eternities yesterday again to hem and haw over which stones to go with. Oh! And I took pics for you as promised!

The lower profile eternity is on the ring finger and the higher profile eternity is on the index finger.

Both have 41 pointers. I don't know if the pic captures it as well, but the high profile eternity looks MUCH bigger in terms of individual stones because the frame is so much bigger and the stones are higher. I personally LOVE the look of the higher profile setting but ADORE the feel of the super low profile eternity! I think I'm getting a super low profile eternity because of the baby. Your ring rocks!

Both are very very fiery and sparkly. These are uncertified stones but excellent cuts. I love both!

Thanks so much for getting back with me and for the pics!!!! And a big congrats on the baby!!! :D

I've always loved eternity bands and mine was just supposed to be a "hold me over" piece until my e-ring upgrade. (Started out looking at 5 pointers... then it got a bit out of hand LOL) So, I went with uncerted stones because I didn't want to spend every penny I'd saved for my upgrade on a "hold me over" ring. (If money was no consideration, of course I'd get the GIA ideal bad boys :love: )

I really love this ring (once I got it in my hot little hands, it became so much more than a "hold me over" ring) but I think I'd love it just a smidge more with 50 pointers :naughty: :bigsmile:

The diamonds in my band really are true beauties -- definitely some of the prettiest, most "alive" diamonds I've seen in the "real world" ie-- outside of PS ;-) So, I agree they definitely do hold their own... BUT, there's really nothing quite like a perfectly cut RB. :love: :love: :love: If I went with uncerted 50 pointers, it wouldn't push back my e-ring upgrade a tremendous amount but if I get GIA ideals.. I won't be seeing that upgrade for a very long time, barring winning the lottery. :)

I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade to 50 pointers, I just have to decide if having the BEST stones is worth holding off my ering upgrade until I'm 90 yrs old LOL

I agree 110% that the higher setting actually does make the whole ring appear larger with the same size stones (I think, in part, because you see more "ring" on the sides of your finger), however-- the 30 point band I had made that was set "super-duper-can't-get-any-lower" was SOOOO comfortable! Some may find a higher setting bothersome so it's cool to have other options. I had my sister try on my final ring and she couldn't stand how it felt on the sides. Doesn't bother me at all though. :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01|1292442761|2797769 said:
Wow! Thanks for showing us the two eternity rings Bliss! Are the high profile and low profile settings both the same style of setting just different profile heights? Is this the setting you have LA? http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=7109 I'm thinking of maybe a 15-20 pt eternity!!!! Everytime your thread comes up I get all excited again! Just GORGEOUS!

No, my setting is a bit lower. It's in between the regular setting on their site and a "as low as you can go" setting. I'll attach pics of just the setting...

An eternity with 15-20 pointers would be STUNNING!!!! :love: :bigsmile: I just L-O-V-E eternity bands! I must've looked at the "show me your diamond eternity bands" thread a million times! :D

Ok pics... here is a profile of my current setting (on the right) next to a profile of the setting on ID's site (on the left).. You can see that the one I have is slightly lower which is what I requested.

regular and semi-low profile.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1292442967|2797772 said:
OK, LALove and big eternity fans! Another pic for you!

So this shows more of the width of the ring - this is not sized so it sticks out more. I'm about a size 4.75-5 at 36 weeks preggo :oops: but I hate tight rings so I'm getting mine in a 5.5 with sizing beads! Plus, in the summer my fingers swell more so I need plenty of roooooom because I go mental if anything feels tight on my fingers!

This is a size 6.5 but it is tougher to close my fingers with the higher profile setting... even though I AM IN LOVE with how POW the presentation is! It's just...beyond gorgeous!

LALove, if you go for 50 pointers - WOW. And GIA super ideal (MAZAL) certified stones? That is a once in a lifetime ring and I don't think you would regret it for a moment. That is a... :love: knock me off my feet and give me a paper sack to hyperventilate into kind of piece. What you have now is what I would consider to be a very special piece but if you upgraded to that... OMG, I couldn't even fathom it. That would be insane!!!! Are you sure your ring isn't huge enough??? I see huge solitaires everywhere but rarely an eternity of that size. Even the eternities of 40 pointers is pretty darn huge!!!! HUUUUUUGE! Are you sure? :love: Your fingers are pretty small, too! LOL

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, btw. I didn't bring my camera that day! Still, you can see how fiery and sparkly they are! Hubba hubba.

Hope that helps in your decision! Off to drool at your photos again and dream of big eternities!!! LALove, your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

LOL!! You crack me up!!!! That ring looks GINORMOUS on you!!!! It looks like what 50 pointers would look like on my hand! So see, not too big :D

The stones are sparkly and just gorgeous... buuuuut.. 50 point ideal cuts.. now that would be :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :bigsmile:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
kimber418|1292449924|2797889 said:
Bliss, The ring looks awesome on you. Wow! That is great you will be able to use your 5 stone diamonds in your new eternity band
if you go forward with this.......Maybe a PUSH present???? Were you at ID jewelry when these were taken?

LA love, if you decide to upgrade will ID take your ring back? I hope so! I am sure he could sell it to someone on Pricescope
after all your beautiful photos! Good luck with your decision and if you decide "no" your ring is awesome! Can't wait to get
mine in a week or so. I just could not get it out of my head after seeing your post. I have wanted one for ages!

Will post photos as soon as it arrives!

I'm totally happy with my ring- but 50 pt GIA ideal cuts- that would be my dream eternity :D

Luann told me that eternity bands are upgradeable (towards another/larger eternity band).

I'm so excited for you! You'll love it! They're just so classic and timeless and BLINGY! :bigsmile: :)

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you can see that bling from a mile away! :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
*bump* Bumpity Bump BUMP!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

How are you loving your band, LALove? More pics! More pics! I have to live vicariously through you since my setting is on hold for the holiday... waiting anxiously in the meantime and drooling over your mondo eternity bling band!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I never get sick of looking at your band LA!!! And I just saw your pic over in real life perspective. You are stunning!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss you're too funny!! Lol So you are getting one? What'd you decide on for the stones? Can't wait to see it!!! :bigsmile: I don't have any new pics but I posted one in the real life perspective thread.

Lizzyann you're too sweet! Thank u :)

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
LALove ~ are you still very happy with your eternity band (stone quality wise, are they sparkly)? I'm thinking ordering a pair of huggies from ID Jewelry, stones are F/G color and SI clarity. Although, they will only be 10 pointers (5 or 6 stones on each side), I'm okay with F/G/SI, as long as they have sparkles.

Thanks!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love ID Jewelry too!! Excellent customer service and great product!!!

Beatiful Bling!!!! GREAT coverage! :love: :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1300074669|2871159 said:
LALove ~ are you still very happy with your eternity band (stone quality wise, are they sparkly)? I'm thinking ordering a pair of huggies from ID Jewelry, stones are F/G color and SI clarity. Although, they will only be 10 pointers (5 or 6 stones on each side), I'm okay with F/G/SI, as long as they have sparkles.

Thanks!
Hi OCmom! :wavey:

I'm still loving my band :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

As for the sparkle- yes, they're very sparkly. Awhile ago I had a chance to play with my sisiter's (soon to be) unset BGD 2 carat H&A stone. I had my eternity with me and I compared her H&A to my stones and was SHOCKED! My stones threw off basically as much sparkle and colored flashes as her honker!!!! (the H&A may have been a teensy bit more lively but if it was it was such a negligible amount IMO.)

The comparison was done at my office with semi bright lights. I just whipped out my band in my kitchen under normal kitchen lighting and the stones throw off more white than colored light in this lighting- as they do in sunlight. Still very sparkly but less color. I didn't take my sisters BGD stone outside or in different lighting to further compare. Also, I was at Buy Buy Baby a week ago where they use really bright lights and my ring went NUTS- it literally looked like fireworks going off on my finger! :love: :sun:

The one thing I did like about her stone over mine was that the arrows were so visible and perfect. With my stones, I can see some arrows but they're not perfect and not H&As. But I didn't pay for H&As. ::) I will upgrade in the future to ideally cut H&As but that's most likely gonna cost more than double - so for the price and what you get (a really great product), I really don't think IDJ can be beat.

Lastly- do clarify your definition of eye clean with whichever vendor you go with- I did not and my first band came back with inclusions too visible for me so I had to have it remade (which they did no problem) but it's better to go in with a clear understanding/agreement between you and the vendor of what you're getting.

I'm sure your earrings will be gorgeous!! :appl: :bigsmile:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1300094071|2871236 said:
I love ID Jewelry too!! Excellent customer service and great product!!!

Beatiful Bling!!!! GREAT coverage! :love: :love:
Thanks!! :bigsmile: I'm DYING over your 5 stone!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Are they each 50 points? My gosh it's huge and gorgeous!!!!!!!! I can clearly see arrows in your pic-- Love love love that!!! I can't wait to upgrade to ideal cut! Your new band looks fabulous stacked with it!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results