shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond ring with yellow gold prongs - diamond looks yellow?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Re: diamond ring with yellow gold prongs - diamond looks yel

Dreamer_D said:
I dunno Ande, I think a well cut stone reflects MORE environmental colors back at the viewer, no?

I said that badly, I meant it would show less colors picked up through leakage. Also if it had some body color it would show more on a deep cut stone. A well cut stone is busy reflecting everything back up at you.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

I think a lot of people love the contrast of a colorless diamond with the warmth of gold. If it's what you want don't sweat it, I think it will look great. The victorians mostly set their diamonds in yellow gold if the shank was yellow, some of my favorite pieces I've seen are like that.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Even Cartier offers versions of their 1895 setting in gold. I wouldn't sweat it.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really love the look of yellow prongs myself.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

My baby was set in an all yellow gold mounting (ok with black enamel) It's an OMC and a bit bigger than yours. It was graded as an H but I think that is pretty conservative and it always looked crazy white. It was yellow gold prongs and a lot of gold around and it still looking as white as a small E colored diamond that I have (comparing side by side). So your stone should work great in an all yellow gold setting. Oh and the setting is from 1866 so I don't think all yellow gold is something new :tongue:

DSCF0212ju'.jpg

DSCF0198ju.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results