shape
carat
color
clarity

Bailey Banks & Biddle "Lineage" Diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LindseyBoice

Rough_Rock
If anyone has any information or ideas on where I should go to find something as similar as possible to the Bailey Banks and Biddle Lineage ring, please let me know! It''s just so expensive that I am hoping to find it somewhere else or get it made using white gold and perhaps a less expensive diamond. I absolutely love the ring though! Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Lindsey
1.gif

nuhobby

Rough_Rock
Hi Lindsey,

Welcome to Pricescope. At B,B, and B you are probably not shopping at the best place. You would probably get a better price and same service at a store outside of the mall. I have been shopping for SO's ring for awhile and I read here on Pricescope a lot, and have talked to a lot of jewelers too.

As far as what I've read here, the cuts like Lineage that have tons of extra facets (a traditional Tolkowsky Ideal has 58 facets) are sort of like... trying too hard. For instance, that Lineage cut has 168 facets and why: to celebrate Bailey Banks 168 years in the industry! I mean that's really sweet and all but they obviously didn't use optimum geometry and physics to come up with that number, they just wanted a diamond with that many facets.

If you want a round or princess diamond with extra facets, look at Gabrielle. They are supposed to be pretty nice.

Browse the internet vendors here but be careful. Someone said they sell Indian diamonds cut by ten-year-old kids, and, you never know! It's the internet.

But if you're going to spend $8,800 on a solitaire round brilliant 3/4 carat go to Tiffany's. As far as getting a ring crafted by an artisan I would recommend going to the artisan himself or a jewelry store that has an in-house studio. But you can search on here and the net and there are some really cool artisans. Do a search for alfille, mark morrell, leon mege, just to get a taste of the kinds of styles.

By the way, I haven't put my money into this yet but I've been researching a few months. So take it with salt. If you go in to a jewelry store with your Significant Other there is often selling involved. Sounds like B,B,B did that.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
As the previous person said, extra facets do not mean it is better. Someone once told me that 6 pair of earrings do not make her prettier. You should buy the bet looking diamond that you can afford, have an independent appraiser varify that you made a good choice, insure it and enjoy it. BBB is on of the higher levels of the Zales company and often has some new items that are promoted nation wide. Some are good and some are not. You will decide whether it is good enough for your hand and your hard earned money. If you tell us what state or city you are in, you will often get some suggestions of great places to visit.
With diamonds being sold from web sites to TV, gas stations to department stores, pawn shops to high class jewelers, selection is the least problem you will have. Knowledge is key if you still keep it fun. Some think themselves to death and miss some great diamonds along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results