shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycling project #1 with Wink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Patty inspired me a while ago to dig out some of my unworn jewelery and do something with the stones. I started simply -- having wanted a new band to go with my solitare. I took the 12 princess side stones from my previous setting, and had Wink make me a simple band to match. The catch was that they were not all the same size, so the ring is graduated larger to smaller from the middle out.

It turned out beautifully, and Wink was great to work with. He should know I'm digging through the safe trying to figure out which project to do next. (I'm thinking maybe some drop earring jackets.)

Anyway, pics are below. I'll try to get some hand pics this am now that the sun is out.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lop, pictures? You sure know how to keep us in suspense?

Yes, Wink is a joy to work with which is why I started the Friends of Wink Fan Club which can be found here

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Whoops -- I tried Reena's new way of attaching pics, and I can see them fine, but it may not have really worked. I'll have hand pics in a little while... DH is bugging me to get something else done
2.gif
. (He really doesn't get this need for jewelry pics.)

lwhring.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a beautiful ring. That was a really great idea to recycle the stones.

Wear it in good health.

reena

Ideal_Rock
that IS beautiful! also the new pic attaching method only works for pics that are already on the web somewhere, not for pics on your hard drive.
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's gorgeous! The graduated stones flow perfectly. I'm glad to have been an inspiration!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments. I think it looks great. It is a little dainter than I thought it would be. I guess there was a lot of metal around the stones in the previous setting, but it is a nice, sleek line, and the workmanship is great, so it really is beautiful. I'll wear it alone when it doesn't make sense to wear my e-ring.

Reena -- I figured the web site thing -- it is just so much easier. Now I can't get it to upload either the individual hand pic or the little photomerge I did. I've tried renaming and resizing, but keep getting errors.
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
lop, it certainly did turn out beautifully--I love the elegant curve of the band, and what perfect channel setting! Gee, I think I need one of those to match my bangle!
3.gif
It's a great result....enjoy it!
appl.gif

Wink strikes again!
2.gif
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lop

beautiful ring
love.gif
,yes Wink is the man.
appl.gif
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I finally got this to upload! Not a great shot -- I'm not good at the photo thing.

edited to add: whoops! it turned out huge. Maybe that was my problem. I guess I can't change it....

lwhrg.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Here is the original setting that I recycled from.....

ornglwh.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
One last one...I hope it isn't huge. I'm really pleased with the lines. I was worried that the graduated sizes would look odd, but I really like it.

xcvb.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/16/2004 3:06:42 PM lop wrote:

One last one...I hope it isn't huge.
----------------

sorry lop - your diamond is huge!
naughty.gif
9.gif

that set is soo gorgeous - they look AMAZING together!
love.gif
well done!! yay wink!!
appl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--it is truly awesome with your stunning ering.
love.gif
Well done!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks wonderful with your gorgeous solitaire! The widths of the bands match up nicely and even the tapering seems to match the e-ring too. Beautiful!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the nice words. The two rings really do look great together -- especially since Wink didn't have my solitaire to match it to -- he only had another band that I sometimes wear with it. Great job.....

One of these days, I might reset the e-ring. Maybe an LM or MWM setting for our 20th anniversary! My problem is that I'm very fickle about styles, always changing my mind. That's why for now I'm going the Jennifer direction of just having different bands to wear with it! They all came for DH in one way or another, so they are all meaningful to me.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Lop,

The band turned out beautiful. It looks like it was meant to be with your ering. They flow wonderfully together. Enjoy!

9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
lop-i absolutely love your new creation! the line and curve of the ring match perfectly with your e-ring...which is a stunner as well! congrats
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!! Wh
9.gif
at a great idea.

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
lop, those rings are absolutely beautiful. I really like the curvature, how you get the range of sizes of the diamonds and it matches to your e-ring band so well.

Great recycling! There should be a new motto..."save the planet, recycle your diamonds!"
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/16/2004 6:21:26 PM lop wrote:

... for now I'm going the Jennifer direction of just having different bands to wear with it! They all came for DH in one way or another, so they are all meaningful to me.
----------------

9.gif

PS I took the liberty of making your new avatar pic:
9.gif

lop.avatar.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Thay look great! Love the after pics
appl.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely
appl.gif

I am still a long way from being able to look my safe looking for stones to recycle
2.gif
.. in the meantime my favorite rings folder is rapidly expanding
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I love it. This recycling thing is a great idea.
How big is your center stone? What's the ctw of the new band?
Love the look together. Wink-
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
love.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again!

Nan -- the center stone is 2.52ctw. It was an upgrade in spring 03.
9.gif
(That's when I found PS.) The total weight of the stones in the new band is 1.12 according to an old appraisal. They are F-G color and VVS-VS clarity supposedly, but I have NO idea how well or poorly cut they are. The old setting is from Joe Escobar's (who gets mentioned here periodically) in Campbell CA, and he normally carries/makes high quality goods, so I'm hoping they are decent. It sparkles nicely.

Tulipcloud -- the stones were already matched in size as side stones in the previous setting, so that part was easy.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That's fantastic!!! What a great idea and what a stunning band!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
You did GOOD!
I love how the band sits with your ering- such smooth lines- has a fluidity about it.
Thanks for sharing!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice recycling job.
love.gif
I'm impressed by the simplicity and clean lines.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results