shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal & Ring Later?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meeeee

Rough_Rock
OK, I messed up. I thought I could order the ring online in time for our weekend trip away. Unfortunately, the ring will not be ready in time for this weekend! (But will arrive mid-next week) What to do?

1) Propose w/ Cheap Fake Ring and have nice ring delivered later in the week? But then she has to go into the office, engaged, but without a ring...

2) Go to Tiffany, buy a similar ring. Then return it when new one arrives (I don't like this idea as I think it's sneaky
sad.gif
) And she gets a ring swap - which is wierd.

3) Wait and propose next weekend?

4) Wait to order the ring and propose with a fake and then have her pickout a setting? (I was going to set it in a simple tiffany setting so she could choose later).

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance - your ideas have been great and I appreciate all your help.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/12/2004 5:02:47 PM meeeee wrote:

OK, I messed up. I thought I could order the ring online in time for our weekend trip away. Unfortunately, the ring will not be ready in time for this weekend! (But will arrive mid-next week) What to do?

1) Propose w/ Cheap Fake Ring and have nice ring delivered later in the week? But then she has to go into the office, engaged, but without a ring...

No. Cats in the office will scratch and gossip that you were not ready to propose. Not good for your girl, even though she is a grown up and can look past the gossip. No hurtful intentions expressed with this opinion, and sorry for the graceless words.

2) Go to Tiffany, buy a similar ring. Then return it when new one arrives (I don't like this idea as I think it's sneaky
sad.gif
) And she gets a ring swap - which is wierd.

You don't need advice about this one, you already know what is right.

3) Wait and propose next weekend?

Great option.

4) Wait to order the ring and propose with a fake and then have her pickout a setting? (I was going to set it in a simple tiffany setting so she could choose later).

This too is a great option, but only if you think she's going to have reservations about the setting you personally chose.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance - your ideas have been great and I appreciate all your help.

Yes. Move weekend away to another date based on some lame excuse, if it is at all possible.

----------------

meeeee

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gale! I think you are correct. I'll propose next weekend. I'll also try to move the weekend back, but if not, we'll go anyway. (and then I'll have to think of a new plan). She probably isn't thinking about this as much as I am!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I have to say it touches me deeply to see how much effort men put into having a lovely proposal for their special woman. Whether you propose while away on a romantic getaway, or at home, it is bound to be a special event the two of you will remember for the rest of your lives. The best of luck to you, whatever you decide.

Queenofhearts

Rough_Rock
What about this:

1) Keep your plans for the weekend getaway.
2) Take a picture of what the ring is going to look like.
3) Give her a promise ring of pre-engagement, then surprise her a week later and propose again.

Just a thought.
read.gif

meeeee

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I like the idea! She is really trying to keep our plans. And I'm having a hard time keeping a secret. So, this may be what I do.

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I know how important it feels to have the "pefect timing". The truth is you can make a great proposal plan anywhere and anytime. I would avoid proposing with a picture or "fake" ring if you can avoid it. She will want to be able to share her news with everyone right away and what does everyone ask first, "Let me see the ring." It's better if you have the ring in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results