color
clarity

#TBT My E-Ring Dream Come True: Leon Mege and AVC

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful :love:

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Stunning Charmy!!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats!

sunnyam

Rough_Rock
Looks great on! :appl: Just Beautiful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely STUNNING :love:

I am loving the AVCs more and more every time I see another one.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful ring, Charmy! I've really looked forward to seeing this thread. I'm glad you persevered and ended up with what your heart was set on. It's important for any ring project but particularly so for an engagement ring.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Wow Charmy - your Leon & AVC is beeeautiful!!! I knew it would be unique from your previous comments, and it truly is - very special and different enough to be unique but still completely classic. I love the swoopiness of tiny split - it looks like two sets of arms swooping up to jointly hold a basket full o' diamond! It's a really cool concept.

I'm so glad to finally see it, and I'm happy for you that you stayed true to what you originally wanted. Congrats on your dream ring, and wear it in good health and happiness!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1296920043|2843921 said:
slg47 - I just can't help being really picky. In regards to the donut, it was really a joint idea. I didn't want metal showing through the split shank and there were two options for this ... put pave on the metal (really expensive) or split the bottom (makes ring more chunky). This leaves us with no option then not having metal connect the donut! I have another white gold ring that is made like this .. I absolutely adore that ring with a gorgeous malaya garnet. I wore that ring so much that it is a bit beat up now. I always said I would remake that ring in platinum.

What a lovely detail and I did not even notice it in the photos until it was pointed out! I bet that is why it needed to be a little smaller, without the metal there is would fit a bit bigger.

Truly lovely, I hope you wear it long and with love!

Lizzy2013

Rough_Rock
Simply breathtaking...

Elizabeth

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! :love: :love:

Your ring is STUNNING and it looks so beautiful on you! Congrats!
LOVE the setting!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful setting. I love everything about it, I am so happy you have your dream e-ring.

Jeanne6629

Rough_Rock
Your ring seriously takes my breath away. I have been looking well over a year now for a setting just like this one --- where the split shank starts high toward the crown and then comes back together to one AND a split shank without a halo! I have small fingers like your own (well, not quite, a 3.75) and I was concerned a double band split shank would look too clunky.

I got inspiration from this post, the Daniel K: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whose-split-shank-crown-setting-is-this.70286/

And I want a chunky faceted, antique looking diamond (which I soon came to found was, quote from Jon at GOG, "finding a needle in a haystack and finding someone who knows what to look for even harder").

It's like seeing my dream come to reality as I have not been able to find anything like it ANYWHERE. The closest my boyfriend and I have come is a custom made Henri Daussi setting (modification of one of his halo designs without the halo), but the shank comes together much further down where it's already between the fingers.

Questions:
1. Did you look at any other cushions than AVCs?
2. Did Leon say this ring was very difficult to create? I would love to see if Henri Daussi could modify what he's shown me with already with little work.

Thank you SOOOO much for posting such a beautiful ring. You have perfect taste!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
ooh la la! can't stop coming back and drooling over your ring! :love:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
This ring has such a great flow. The basket is my favorite part. It looks perfect on your hand!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It's glorious, Charmy! A complete confection of a ring. Perfect curves, perfect prongs and an AMAZING stone! I also love how the "O" part (finger bezel?) is suspended below the split shank; so elegant, ladylike and original. If it were a movie star, it would be Grace Kelly. So happy to see your dream come true.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ring of my dreams! :love: :love: I really like the way the basket profile seems to make the center stone "float" separate from the setting. Excellent choice that makes the whole ring just seem "lighter" and daintier (IMO - hard to explain :rodent: ).

Enjoy your beautiful piece of sparkling art!

Cachette :))

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste - Thank you as do all your rings!!

ForteKitty - I am leaning towards that direction. I am going to NYC next weekend to have my wedding band made by Steven Kirsh. I am debating if I drop off my diamond too. sooooo difficult a choice. It's funny .. even to my casual eye .. my friends say the AVC is better cut.

Diamondseeker, mrssalvo - Too late. I pulled the trigger on a cheaper pair off a site not to be named. I will save up for a beautiful pair later but I will always find use for a smaller pair of studs. Secretly, hoping my mom will gift me a pair of her diamond earrings for my wedding.

katushka - It does seem like a really long journey. I thought I was all done given that I already have a band. But I got tempted by Steven Kirsh being able to make me a band to sit flush with this eRing so off I go. My justification .. 2 erings 2 wedding bands. Anyways, the bands are so thin so I figure I can still wear the two bands together on the days I don't want to wear my eRing.

Yssie - While I had a good experience with him, there is room for improvement. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be impressed with my wedding band by Steven Kirsh - I don't like switching around with vendors and need a staple.
missydebby - I am so glad I found you on Facebook. Thank you so much!

lknvbr4, EB, Laila619, rosetta - Thank you so much.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Starshine, sunnyam, elizabethian2001, Pushin40, LtlFirecracker - Thank you so much for your compliments.

bright ice - The AVC is stunning but I find that it isn't the look for everyone. It looks so different and most people will say .. "wow ... what is that, I have never seen anything like it". Others, will like the small sparkles.

baby nurse - It was a really long journey but I am glad I stuck to it and got exactly what I want. While the design is very different, I think it will stay with me for a long time to come. It is very me and I am ok that not everyone loves it because I know I do.

Love Street - Yup, I think that is part of Leon's magic where he can make unique pieces that are still timeliness and classic. It is funky yet elegant. I sorta wish I went with 3 sided pave but I am ok still.

Acebruin - Me too ... hehe.. I look at it and wonder how someone can even make something this small. I tried taking a ring making course once and learnt that I can never do this.

pixies - I am so happy to see someone else use the word FLOW. This ring has great flow.

pixley - Hehehe.. thank you so much. I do love this ring.

Cachette - The ring is lighter and daintier. I tried to explain the concept of lines and flow in another thread but failed miserably. I think once people see these rings side by side ... they will understand why Leon mege is a master at his craft. Very few people can make a ring flow as well as he can. It isn't even about his pave or prongs (top knotch amazing) but his flow and lines is where he can't be matched.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Jeanne6629 - Your inspiration ring is exactly where I started. That was the first ring I tried on with my fiance and we fell in love. However, I still wanted some changes and wanted the band even thinner and more delicte. I think Daniel K is amazing but you can tell that Leon's lines are even more amazing for this particular design. The first time we tried to make our eRing turned out to be a big failure .. we wanted it exactly like the Daniel K ring. Leon Mege wasn't huge on the Daniel K design and we made adjustments.

You are right that a souble band split will look too clunky. Leon made the wrong ring for me the first time around with a double band so I got to try it on first hand. While beautiful, I felt I wanted a more delicate ring. As I mentioned earlier, he has it up for sale now with a different diamond at http://www.micropave.com/index.php/engagement/solitaires/split-shank-micropave-solitaire.html...

To answer your questions:
1. Did you look at any other cushions than AVCs?
Yes, I actually own 2 cushions. I started out with a modern 8 main cushion which I still love but debating if I will sell it. When I started looking, AVC did not exist yet so I was purely looking at "generic" cushions. I rejected numerous chunky cushions as they didn't meet my strict requirements. After almost 7 months of looking, the AVC was finally ready so I decided to commit to it. The first one Jon cut for me wasn't square enough but the second one was absolutely perfect in every way - it met all my desired specs including a bonus (my AVC is much more shallow than the other AVCs yet performs just as well - result is that my AVC faces up very large compared to others).

Here are some other cushions I have looked at in the past.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-pick-a-cushion.105040/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-pick-a-cushion.105040/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-very-strong-blue-fluorescence-versus-none.104988/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/come-see-very-strong-blue-fluorescence-versus-none.104988/[/URL]

I don't miss those two cushions at all. However, there is one stone I looked at with SingleStone. It was a true antique over 100 years old. I loved it and still miss it but it looked so much smaller.

2. Did Leon say this ring was very difficult to create? I would love to see if Henri Daussi could modify what he's shown me with already with little work.
I also considered Henri Daussi but after seeing it in person .. I felt that Leon Mege's work was of higher quality and a better fit for what I am looking for. Leon was fine with making this ring but there was another one I was considering that he showed me ... he said that other design was a pain in the butt to make.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

did steven do this for you ????

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, did you take those pictures? beautiful :) :)

also...dumb question...what changes were made???

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very subtle change but it was something I wanted right from the begining. I always like eternity band and would have wanted my e-ring as an eternity band. BUT everyone said don't do it ... so I left a little gap!

6 new melees were added to the band ... there is only space for 1 melee left!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
charmy I keep coming back to look at the pics...it is truly stunning. I can't believe how little metal is showing and how the smallest areas are covered with pave. it's beautiful, thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful pictures!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i died and gone to pave heaven !!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Oh!!! You decided to add more stones after all?
I remember when we talked you were unsure...

Glad to went for it... It looks beautiful now!

Jeanne6629

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for such detailed feedback! It's been very, very helpful. As much as it's killing me, I've taken myself out of the decision/selection process and am leaving it in the hands of the boyfriend....and I've sent him all the great posts you've given so I'm feeling pretty confident about it. The additional pave is beautiful! You are a lucky girl. Congrats and enjoy!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Jeanne6629|1298610112|2859023 said:
Thank you so much for such detailed feedback! It's been very, very helpful. As much as it's killing me, I've taken myself out of the decision/selection process and am leaving it in the hands of the boyfriend....and I've sent him all the great posts you've given so I'm feeling pretty confident about it. The additional pave is beautiful! You are a lucky girl. Congrats and enjoy!!!

I decided to do what you did and it was a mistake! I am too picky by nature that my fiance couldn't have done it without me - evident by our first attempt. Once you already know about the ring shopping, you might as well stay in the process. You will still be surprised when he proposes!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and gorgeous pearls! I'm sure the pearl forum would like to see more of them... :Up_to_something:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For having a size 2-5/8, your ring look gigantic on your finger and the recent up close pictures really help show off this gorgeous ring. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results