shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help bling out my e-ring

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Earlier this week I posted a forum about weather to halo my round brilliant ring or not. Many of you said not to which my finance agreed. He's not a fan of halos. Therefore I think I'm going to step away from haloing it for now. Maybe there something else I can add to the ring to make it more glamorous. I feel that with the diamond sitting on the band is kind of boring and lonely. It just doesnt give me the wow factor. I love glitz and glam and anything the sparkles. Or do you think maybe adding some kind of decorative wedding band to it will spice it up? Do you think it will match since my current setting done in pave?We are opened to getting a new setting. We don't have a lot of money so I'm thinking about the 2,000-3,000 range. please post pic if you have it.

Thanks guys. This website is the best. I stumbled across this site a few days ago and just cant seem to stay away from it. Everyone is so nice and have lots of great ideas.

here are some pictures of my ring.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is fabulous. I think hit will great with thin stack bands in interesting shapes once you're married.. Right now, it's substantially blingy on it's own!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, to me your ring looks really blingy!! maybe try it on with some stacking bands and see if you like that look?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you considered maybe a split shank? Or maybe 3-Stone? What are the stats on your stone?

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
athenaworth, the stats of the ring are. 1.75 carat center stone, the setting I dont remember exactly but for total caret of setting and center diamond is just a shy of 2 carats. H-color. Its has all excellent cut, polish,and symmetry.Table is 56%.

i actually thought about decorative bands but the jewelers in our area has terrible selections. I'm going to have to do some online shopping. I'm just so impatient with online shipping. And i hate the fact that you cant see it in person.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing i've learned from online shopping is that you need to be sure to measure the height of your band (and width for that matter). I bought a band once and it was really flush with my finger and it looked odd with my e-ring. Can you show us a picture of the side of your ring for reference?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
kristi2011|1296758951|2842004 said:
athenaworth, the stats of the ring are. 1.75 carat center stone, the setting I dont remember exactly but for total caret of setting and center diamond is just a shy of 2 carats. H-color. Its has all excellent cut, polish,and symmetry.Table is 56%.

i actually thought about decorative bands but the jewelers in our area has terrible selections. I'm going to have to do some online shopping. I'm just so impatient with online shipping. And i hate the fact that you cant see it in person.

Kristi...maybe try some of the bands from Eternity diamonds. You can actually "try it before you buy it". I know there are several PS'ers that have done that. Hope that helps...BTW, you ring is Gorgeous...and looks great on your hand.

http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/

:wavey:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think either adding some stacking bands, one on each side or adding a colored gemstone band(a sapphire one or rose gold pink sapphires) would make it feel more blingy. For something just to make it stand out, you could do two small white gold bands- one on each side of your ring. Do a search for Kate Beckinsale's ring set, it's gorgeous. Or do a regular smooth band then a diamond band under it. I think anytime you have three rings, it amps up the whole set.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
As others have mentioned, your ring is blingy as it is, and agree that adding stacking wedding bands might give you what you are looking for. Are u open to resetting your stone, if so, what styles do you like (ex, antique, modern, etc.)?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I am a big fan of stacking bands.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for stacking bands! :bigsmile:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOT bring at alll!!! Thin band on either side would be fab!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Add some stacking bands if you like more bling...but your e-ring is already beautiful as it is...enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning. I think stacking rings would look great with it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may not be what you want to hear but it is the simplicity of the ring that makes it stunning! I didn't vote for the halo as I think that stone holds its own very nicely!

I think I would do a simple diamond band with it and leave it at that. It's not lonely or boring to me - it's just beautiful!

You could always do some sort of halo ring or blingier ring for a RHR and then you'd have the best of both worlds.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring style is very similar to yours. I added an eternity band to mine to up the bling. I debated getting a halo as well, but
decided against. Check out the Facets Collection. They have great prices on eternity bands. If you do decide to get one, make sure the
edges are smooth or get a spacer band to protect your e-ring. Here is a photo of mine.

IMG_0340.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1297006174|2844775 said:
My ring style is very similar to yours. I added an eternity band to mine to up the bling. I debated getting a halo as well, but
decided against. Check out the Facets Collection. They have great prices on eternity bands. If you do decide to get one, make sure the
edges are smooth or get a spacer band to protect your e-ring. Here is a photo of mine.

L2S, your wedding set is gorgeous!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I know what others told you and how your fiance feels but speaking from experience, if you don't LOVE IT, it's going to really get to you. It's like shopping for a wedding dress...the bride should have the decision not all of the other "chefs in the kitchen". Everyone has different taste and that's ok but the one that should count is yours. Regardless what others on PS think (me included) if you honestly think that it won't bother you to stay with this ring or to pick something that pleases your fiance...perfect BUT if you aren't happy, have an honest talk with him and tell him what you really love.

NOW answering your question from this post...what I'd do is get 2 eternity rings (same width as your e-ring) and wear one on either side of the e-ring GL!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE luvmyhalo's thin stacking bands! I like the two small bands below the e-ring much better than a band on each side. The other option is a big blingy shared prong band with a spacer to protect your e-ring, but I think the two thin bands will be so much prettier. When you have delicate sparkly wedding bands, your e-ring stone still can stand out. When you make the wedding band with big stones, I think the e-ring stone can tend to just blend in with all the bling.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ity-band-from-id-jewelry-im-in-luurve.104627/

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Gemgirl for the compliment!

I love Luvmyhalo's stacking bands too! She has some gorgeous pieces! I think I need a few more as well. Can never have to many
bands!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think 2 thin eternity bands will do the trick. Most men hate halos for some reason :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CharmyPoo|1297093933|2845576 said:
I think 2 thin eternity bands will do the trick. Most men hate halos for some reason :)

My hubby hates them too, so I get your trepidation. I really think you'll find that you'll love stacking bands. The fun part about them is that you're never done! Just keep on collecting forever and ever!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i voted against the halo. your ring stands as bling on your finger in a way that many do not. it is the simplicity...and that you have a fab center stone.

but i hear you when you say you want even more bling....my god woman you are blinging already....but i digress: i love stacking wedding bands. you could do this with your ring. on days when you feel the need to bring on the bling you could wear several. on days when you're not feeling so blingy you could reduce the number you wear. you could have different styles as well. you could alternate them with plain metal bands. have fun with multiple wedding bands!

MoZo

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
That's a gorgeous ring! How about a very tiny split shank? or something that changes the baslet a bit? you could add some bling to the prongs/stems that hold up the center stone.

Basically you could compromise with your fiance and bling out the side view of the basket, shank, gallery, etc. etc. without having a halo. I am way into the side view of my ring too, so I totally feel you. I love the curves around the shank and how it the prongs hold up the center stone.

If you like the Tacori setting you might be leaning towards an antique/Art Deco look. Start by just browsing sites, after that contact someone who can custom make the setting that you want. The following people are individuals that I have dealt with and they can similar settings without the heft price tag that you you mentioned

www.jewelsbyericagrace.com - has lots of experience with delicate pieces
Victor Canera - www.victorcanera.com - exceptional work, every piece is hand forged with a lot of attention to detail (check out the process here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-crafting-my-victor-canera-ring-from-scratch.155293/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-crafting-my-victor-canera-ring-from-scratch.155293/page-2[/URL]

I honestly started with google images and began looking up "antique/art nouveau/art deco/engraved/creative engagement rings" I looked and looked and took elements of pieces that I liked to my designer to ask him if it's possible or not. I used to be scared when I heard the word "custom" but honestly the prices for the above mentioned vendors are GREAT and so well worth it. I am very happy w/ the craftsmanship.

theresa.a

Rough_Rock
Your diamond w/ pave setting is gorgeous!!! A halo would only detract from it's beauty. I agree, once married that adding thin stackable diamond band(s) in interesting shapes would be a nice added feature. But right now, your ring stands on it's own and doesn't need anything to bling it up.... :twirl:

Theresa

theresa.a

Rough_Rock
If going with a 3-stone setting, you might want to have your center diamond remain as the "main attraction" by having tiffany style prongs and the side stones on the shoulder of the shank - not sitting along side your primary stone. I just did that and love the way it looks.

Theresa

aandlshow2011

Rough_Rock
@EHR2009: I love your set and the way you stacked your rings, it is similar to the look I was going for, but wasn't sure if I'd be doing too much by stacking multiple bands. Again love your ring, and this is a great thread! I am thinking of adding one or two very thin white bands to my set pictured. Sorry pic is so bright and blingy :twirl:

MyRing.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, aandl! I am actually days away from getting one more thin eternity to go on top of my set, so that will be very close to what you were thinking about! I am lucky that I have very long fingers, so I can fit lots of bands, and I love the look. I will post pics when it arrives :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results