shape
carat
color
clarity

Photographer shoots entire weddng with iPhone

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? I think those look like garbage. They have no depth of field, the colors are flat and washed out, the composition is pretty pathetic too. I've done better with a disposable 110 camera.

I love my iPhone, and it's photos are great for snapshots to capture a quick memory of an ordinary event. But they are completely unacceptable for wedding photos, IMHO.

Some day the bride will see a friend's photos, taken with an actual camera, and she will be depressed at how poor her photos are. What was the thought (if any) behind that?

Sort of a rant, but seriously, what were they thinking?

ETA: went back to look at the article again. Yup, they're still lousy. :rolleyes:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I thought they looked pretty good for an iphone! I've actually been surprised with some of the photos I've gotten on mine! I'll have to share them tonight.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1296154447|2834756 said:
I love my iPhone, and it's photos are great for snapshots to capture a quick memory of an ordinary event. But they are completely unacceptable for wedding photos, IMHO.

I agree with this. For a camera phone, they are brilliant. For REAL photos, they suck. But for the average person, these probably look fabulous. I am hoping this bride had a backup photographer on top of this guy!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
As promised, some Iphone photos.

007.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
036.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
046.jpg

082.jpg

119.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I agree they look pretty good for iPhone photos, but they are not good photos. I wouldn't want those for my wedding, either.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
DF, how did you get your iPhone photos uploaded on PS?

I haven't figured out how to do it other than emailing them to my laptop, is there a better way?

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
mscushion|1296302320|2836434 said:
I agree they look pretty good for iPhone photos, but they are not good photos. I wouldn't want those for my wedding, either.
I don't think they aren't good exactly, I think they're distinctly iphone pictures. Maybe it's an emerging genre. Since SO and I were long-distance for a few months, we got in the habit of picture-texting each other our lives (the oysters I was in the middle of harvesting, the new shoes he bought, and actually, an Indian wedding as it happened) so I could see us getting iphone wedding pictures. It would suit us.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think iphone cameras are going to put wedding photographers out of work anytime soon. The pictures ARE clearly without and depth and do look very flat to me. Also, as someone who owns a ton of cameras, from toys to slrs- I love love love my iphone for quick, easy picture taking and apps like instagram and hipstamatic, but would never in a zillion years use it for more than quick snap shots. I think it is telling how small the photos are on that site too! Imagine your entire album in miniature, because enlarging the picture to normal viewing size distorts it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results