shape
carat
color
clarity

MI appraiser?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone used Jim Krol? (I found him on the PS database.)

Any other recommendations in the Detroit Metro area would be much appreciated!

Also- one should get an appraisal for the stone loose and then again once set, correct?

swigertj

Rough_Rock
Hey I am wondering the same thing, anyone have any experience in this market?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
((bump))

Really need to find an appraiser ASAP- diamond arriving in a couple of days and future BIL wants to get it back to BGD right away b/c they need it to finish the setting. :bigsmile:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have an appraisal from him for my OMC L/M antique stone. The stone is stunning, and his appraisal credentials are highly reputable.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1|1295994921|2832922 said:
Yes, I have an appraisal from him for my OMC L/M antique stone. The stone is stunning, and his appraisal credentials are highly reputable.

Thanks so much!!! :wavey:

I'll suggest he go there. Am I right in assuming he should have 2 appraisals - one with the stone loose and another to include the setting? Or just the loose stone and give the setting receipt to the insurance co?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if two is necessary, but maybe others can chime in on that...

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Re: MI appraiser/1 or 2 appraisals?

Thanks Tuckins :)

*bump*

Can anyone verify if one needs 2 appraisals- one for the loose stone and again once it's set? Or can you just get one with the stone set? Or just get the loose stone appraised and use the receipt for the setting? (This is just for insurance purposes.)

Thanks! :)

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You are purchasing your diamond from a reputable source and I'm assuming that you have a lab document for the diamond or a detailed description. If you are comfortable with that, then I would suggest just an appraisal on the finished ring. The insurance appraisal should include all vital info regarding the diamond, setting, photos, and other information on branded cut if applicable as well as an examination of the setting and prongs by the appraiser. Also a face to face session with the appraiser of your choice gives you an opportunity to ask questions, get a little education from a pro and most importantly provide you with peace of mind.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Modified Brilliant|1296169317|2835086 said:
You are purchasing your diamond from a reputable source and I'm assuming that you have a lab document for the diamond or a detailed description. If you are comfortable with that, then I would suggest just an appraisal on the finished ring. The insurance appraisal should include all vital info regarding the diamond, setting, photos, and other information on branded cut if applicable as well as an examination of the setting and prongs by the appraiser. Also a face to face session with the appraiser of your choice gives you an opportunity to ask questions, get a little education from a pro and most importantly provide you with peace of mind.
Thanks so much!!! (The diamond is a Brian Gavin H&A and has an AGS cert.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results