shape
carat
color
clarity

Cancer???? Perhaps...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sylvie, I hope by now that you've received the best news possible. Sending healing dust and hugs to you.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm sending warm hugs to you hoping that you have good news soon. A second opinion is always a good idea.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you have some good news...thinking of you. :wavey:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for such news. Get a second opinion for sure. My thoughts are with you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Prayers and dust for you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hope all is well. please update us when you can! :))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers and dust and good thoughts to you, Sylvie. I hope you have heard some good news since you last posted.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for yours kind words.

No news at this moment. Hospital don't call me for exam. I feel like they forgot me and I don't know what to do with this situation.

I visit my doctor who said they send the demand for exam at the wrong name but since, no news!

Last night, I was in pain but fortunatly, it's not all the time. I have drugs to help me when it's too difficult to endure.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. A Ps friend remind me that I have to give news to you. Pardon the long time to answered.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci,
Call your doc and get on his case...make sure they get the request sent over and you get the test scheduled.

Hugs,
tyty

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Sylvie, please follow up with your doctor! It is so important. If there is anything wrong, you want to be able to get treatment as soon as you can. I know it is hard to come to terms with the possibility that there may be something wrong, but you have to remember that you have the best chance of recovery the sooner you can deal with it.

I am thinking of you and sending you lots of dust.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1295725943|2829859 said:
stci,
Call your doc and get on his case...make sure they get the request sent over and you get the test scheduled.

Hugs,
tyty

I absolutely agree with tyty!! It sounds like there might have been a mixup with your test results. Stay on your doctor's case until you have all the information you need and that you understand it.

I'd be calling his office every day until I received a satisfactory answer. Nowadays, you have to look after your own interests or have someone who is able, doing it for you.

Best of luck with this ((((((BIG HUGS)))))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw your update Sylvie - ::HUGS!::

And ditto PPs - bug your docs til they get in gear! :nono:

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'll tell you a secret. My father was doctor (died in 1979).

I know how difficult it is to be a good doctor. It's not easy to help everybody and let your heart cry when you lost one of your patient.

My father was fantastic and he listen to me to respect the profession. My father died when I was 19 and everything change since this time. I know...

I think this is why I have difficulties to harass my youg doctor. I know my situation is not normal and I'm still waiting to receive a phone call from hospital but I could not do better until now.

However, I heard your messages and I will call my doctor tomorrow. You tell me it's more than time to do something and I'm gonna do something.

Thank you all! You are so nice. I appreciate your support! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you can find out something tomorrow, Sylvie! I think you have been very patient but you deserve some answers when it comes to your health!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sylvie~ if a doctor suspects you may have pancreatic cancer, he should not send you home with pain pills. You are referred for additional tests as soon as possible. If he does not do this, you need to advocate for yourself and make sure that this is done. When I had some blood work, which was done by my family doctor, come back with certain markers, I was seen at the cancer center within three days for further testing. I am very pleased that you are going to call your doctor. Please don't let him put you off again. We are all here to offer our support. Please let us know what happens.

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Hi Sylvie,

I seldom post but I just need to send you my best wishes from the other side of the globe!!! ((((Hugs)))) Please try to get a definite diagnosis as soon as possible since you're competing with time to receive the best treatment for this particular cancer.

My mother was disgnosed pancreatic cancer in August 2010, just 3 months after her diagnosis of breast cancer and subsequent surgery. This was soooo devastating for me since my engagement was what prompted her to seek medical advice for her breast issue. Fortunately she was still suitable for the Whipple Procedure and the surgery was done in early September. She was hospitalised for over a month. She was so weak and fragile that I almost felt like a mother to her, her being a baby of mine. I knew very well that it can recur anytime (and the breast cancer too with all further treatment suspended), so I made the decision to get married in late Jan this year, which is only 5 days from now. She completed radiotherapy for her breast cancer two weeks ago and she is doing pretty good right now, with the help of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I feel so blessed that she will live to see my wedding and hope she will continue to regain her health.

Sorry for being so long-winded with my own story. But please stay strong! Your family is always your greatest backup!

Hope to hear some good news from you.

G

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
stci|1288323171|2749956 said:
Pancreas cancer is painfull I know and the chance to survive is low.

Doctor call me today cause he have doubt....

I can't cry, I'm shock and I can't beleive it can be my turn... I'm afraid really afraid! :errrr: :((

Not pancreatic, but been there done that. Waiting for cancer results is actually worse than getting the result. Once you have the result you can deal with it. Waiting for the result your imagination goes haywire.

Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed for you.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I hope that you get news soon. Limbo is a very bad place to be.

If you are unsure of your doctor or do not have full confidence, please get a second opinion! You are a consumer in this position the same as you would be for any service or purchase. Follow your instinct.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Stci - sending you tons of prayers and good thoughts. I do hope you get the results back very, very soon. Stay strong!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1295966893|2832550 said:
I hope that you get news soon. Limbo is a very bad place to be.

If you are unsure of your doctor or do not have full confidence, please get a second opinion! You are a consumer in this position the same as you would be for any service or purchase. Follow your instinct.

This.

If you are able to, you should get a 2nd opinion anyway! Cancer (even just the possibility of) is a very serious issue. You need to be absolutely certain.

Your doctor won't be offended if you get a 2nd opinion -- and if he is it's time to leave him!

Take care of yourself.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Like promise I call my doctor. She said she's not the decider to accelerate the processus. She recommand I call the hopital and I do it.

They answered that my first exam does not require that the following to be rapid. Now... I have to wait at least 9 months to have an appointment for an IRM. Viva Quebec free medical services! It's the radiologist who decide and he block me.

I don't want to cry but I do. I have to understand there are emergency and very sick persons which must go before me. I am obliged to take my pills and close my mouth. I am very worried but that's life in Quebec cause I don't have money to use private IRM services.

Ho my.... I would have preferred to receive another response. :((

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sylvie, I think that you need to seek medical attention elsewhere. If you DO have pancreatic cancer it needs to be attended to NOW.

I am in the U.S. and located close to a facility who specializes in a new, slightly radical treatment of cancer (including certain cases of pancreatic cancer). http://iuhealthprotontherapy.org/ My father looked into it for his colon cancer a few years ago and decided to go the conventional route of surgery and radiation/chemo instead. He is still living but I have heard so many great things about this proton therapy that I feel it is undeniable that it could be a better treatment than the conventional kind. Please get a second opinion soon, and please look into all types of treatment.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sylvie~ what types of tests have been done so far? There must have been some results, which caused your doctor to tell you that there was a possibility of cancer. Perhaps you can speak with the radiologist and find out why he/she thinks that your case is not a priority. If your prior tests indicated pancreatic cancer, you should have been placed as a priority for further testing. Either your own doctor or the the radiologist must have this information. It is important that you advocate for yourself in this matter. Keep taking your questions higher in the chain of command until you receive a satisfactory response. Your health depends upon this.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1296539355|2839027 said:
Sylvie~ what types of tests have been done so far? There must have been some results, which caused your doctor to tell you that there was a possibility of cancer. Perhaps you can speak with the radiologist and find out why he/she thinks that your case is not a priority. If your prior tests indicated pancreatic cancer, you should have been placed as a priority for further testing. Either your own doctor or the the radiologist must have this information. It is important that you advocate for yourself in this matter. Keep taking your questions higher in the chain of command until you receive a satisfactory response. Your health depends upon this.

Yes!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn't a case of let wait and see.... MY husband just lost his partner to Pancreatic Cancer... BUT he found out late in the game. He was an olympic swimmer. The very picture of health...

DON'T let them tell you to wait for tests.... YOU call up tomorrow and say I demand these tests be done ASAP!!!!!!
Or Else...

YOU have to fight the good fight, and some times, that means being your own advocate.... Sucks but it's the way things are...

I REALLY want to wish you all the best....Hoping for good news....

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I agree with others, please get a second opinion, it's your health and no one is going to care about you more than yourself, don't wait around. It'll also help if you or you know anyone who are friends with doctors or nurses, get them to call around and send you to the right people. I've had doctors who doesn't care or were dismissive in the past, I tried other doctors and eventually found a good one.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how awful it must be to be not know one way or the other! :angryfire: I hope your doctor/hospital calls you tomorrow with more information! Do not feel bad to call and ask for answers. Call every single day if you have to!

Also, I am confused about the 9 month waiting period. Does this mean the doc thinks you do not have cancer or that it simply can wait +9 months (which obviously if you do have ANY cancer, treatment canNOT be delayed? )

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I just stumbled across this post and I am so sorry for your ordeal and IMO it is completely unacceptable that you have been in the dark for over 3 months with exactly what your diagnosis is or what is going on. In the least I think pursuing a physician that can communicate with you what is going on more affectively would be very beneficial.

Do you mind me asking what test/lab/radiology was obtained to make the doctor suspect possible pancreatic cancer? And IRM is scheduled for 9 months, is that MRI? (sorry not sure what IRM is or if other countries use difference acronyms). Sometimes an "incidental finding" will show up on a study, lets say a CT scan that in a certain situation could be concerning for a particular cancer, but obviously before presuming such, other followup studies need to be done to further investigate and if pancreatic cancer was truly suspected, definitely sooner than 9 months. Some times with certain "incidental findings", the general guidelines will be to repeat radiology in 3-6 months for signs of progression prior to pursuing more invasive and sometime risky procedures but this is not the case with pancreatic cancer so I would definitely be curious what "finding" led to all this.

If there is some issue for which you have having persisting abdominal pain and ANY suspicion for pancreatic cancer, I think you should request/pursue evaluation by a Gastroenterologist, who can educate you and advise further studies and depending upon what they find, can even do the biopsy themselves or refer you to a General Surgeon.

I am an Internal Medicine Physician but more so, my mom died from lung cancer about 3 1/2 years ago so I have personal experience. Her presentation and diagnosis was delayed and it took me being an advocate for her and actually contacting the administrator of the hospital before the appropriate studies were pursued and final diagnosis is reached. Because of this, any time there is a suspicious lesion on any study that might even suggest cancer, I personally ensure that I discuss and educate the patient and ensure followup is effectively pursued or at least educate the approach we are pursuing to the patient. When I feel like I am not capable enough to do such then I refer the patient to an Oncologist. Being in the dark is the worst scenario so hopefully we can help you shed some light in the very near future.

I am very sorry you are going through this and my best advice is to contact another physician, preferably a Gastroenterologist if there is concern for pancreatic cancer or persisting abdominal pain for further evaluation. I will follow this thread now and help any way I can but you need to see a doctor that will be able to help you understand what is going on and answer any and all questions you may have. You will be in my prayers.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tim, for weighing in and bumping this topic, and of course for providing some of your expertise.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
monarch64|1296551447|2839119 said:
Thanks Tim, for weighing in and bumping this topic, and of course for providing some of your expertise.

Anything I can do to help. I greatly enjoy these forums and wealth of knowledge I have gained in reading the posts of the many experts that comment here so I would love to add to a topic that I actually have some knowledge in. The biggest thing is to encourage and support her to pursue the answers that she seeks. As someone earlier pointed out, not knowing was the most painful part of my family's ordeal and after we got the answers we so desperately wanted, we accepted what we could and tried to make the most of the time we had. In the end, my mom had a wonderful 17 months of life and we were all appreciative of all the time we had. I just hate the thought of her not knowing and possibly all this stress being over something that really is of no concern at all. Some physicians don't communicate as well as others and they don't realize how that affects the lives of of their patientss so my biggest recommendation is to PLEASE seek out a second opinion of someone who can give you the answers that you deserve. I will be following.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results