shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you deal with ...

Person24

Shiny_Rock
How do you deal with failure or not living up to expectations?

I tend to dwell. Not the most productive response.

Thoughts and experiences pleases.

THANKS!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is a broad issue, so I can only give you a generality, pending further info from you:

"Expectations are really premeditated resentments". It's hard to be disappointed or resentful without expectations.

Who's disappointed, and what type of "failure" did you experience? And does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Person24

Shiny_Rock
I just did something that seemed to have offended someone who has helped me. It was an innocent mis-step, but I still feel awful about it. On top of it, I worry it could make me lose crediability in the eyes of the person and others.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make your amends, forgive yourself for saying something inappropriate, learn from the experience, and let go. As a human being, you will make mistakes and that's ok.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1295643626|2829054 said:
Make your amends, forgive yourself for saying something inappropriate, learn from the experience, and let go. As a human being, you will make mistakes and that's ok.

TE is a very wise person, and I am inclined to agree with everything she said!

Also, I think that you have to try to keep in mind that we only have a very short time on this earth, and dwelling on negative things takes up a lot of time which could be better spent coming up with new goals, or thinking about how to make our lives better. For every dark day we have, there is always a brighter day around the corner, or disguised as the very next day! And, like it or not, we are really blessed to actually HAVE the next day!

I think that thinking positive makes a world of difference, and it doesn't take much energy even if you're depressed/angry/sad/etc. You've only to TRY or to make a phone call to ask someone for help.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are sweet Monnie. Thank you.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
"Also, I think that you have to try to keep in mind that we only have a very short time on this earth, and dwelling on negative things takes up a lot of time which could be better spent coming up with new goals, or thinking about how to make our lives better. For every dark day we have, there is always a brighter day around the corner, or disguised as the very next day! And, like it or not, we are really blessed to actually HAVE the next day!"

This is so true and I need to remind myself of it! Even when I do make a mistake or misjudgment I will luckily have the next day to try and make up for it and overcome whatever obstacle I created for myself.

Thanks guys. :D

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
You learn from it...take the good and leave the bad. I think apologizing is always good step to take...but don't harbor disappointment.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Person24|1295821269|2830755 said:
"Also, I think that you have to try to keep in mind that we only have a very short time on this earth, and dwelling on negative things takes up a lot of time which could be better spent coming up with new goals, or thinking about how to make our lives better. For every dark day we have, there is always a brighter day around the corner, or disguised as the very next day! And, like it or not, we are really blessed to actually HAVE the next day!"

This is so true and I need to remind myself of it! Even when I do make a mistake or misjudgment I will luckily have the next day to try and make up for it and overcome whatever obstacle I created for myself.

Thanks guys. :D

Monarch - your post above bought tears to my eyes. We do only have a short time on earth and we should try very hard not to dwell on negative things or hardship.

I also like to believe that we all make mistakes or failures. It's not our mistakes or failures that matter, but what we do after that counts. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results