shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Yellow gold Halos

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

I have been talking to my DH about making my set into a halo (five stone e ring with two annviersary bands also fives stone). I recently put up my iridated blue diamond in a replica Ritani Endless love halo and I just love the halo look. He is very sentimental and does not want me to change my setting but I think that it give me more bling for my buck if I haloed it.
He wants to see any yellow gold halos. He is not an fan of white gold and prefers to see me in yellow gold.
Are there any Yellow gold halo rings out there?
Thanks for any help :razz:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I love all the pictures in the threads that you posted. I would be using white diamonds from my original set. I have a lot of white gold now and really would prefer a white gold halo but my husband is silly and thinks the diamonds look better in yellow gold. I beg to differ but I have olivy skin tone and he thinks yellow looks better on me.

If there are other yellow gold halo's I would love to see them.
THanks

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone...I'm a newbie to this site, but had to jump in when I saw this topic. Quick summary: I've always been a WG fan, but recently have begun collecting some designer fashion jewelry that has YG in it....which got me to thinking that I'd like to remount my solitaire (1.61 ideal round) in a two tone setting. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a new two tone setting and have been surpised by the lack of choices. Anyways, after seeing a ring on a gal at a local jewelry store, I came up with the idea of doing a minor bit of customizing with EternityDiamonds.com. I've ordered the Tessa Cathedral Cushion mount, which I'm customizing by having the band in WG and the cushion in YG (prongs will be WG). I also ordered two of the matching bands in YG to "anchor" the setting. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous, but also excited to see how it comes out....happy to post pictures when I get it if anyone would like to see....also, I've seen several pictures of the replicas that ED provides, but not too many finished products...would love to see more if anyone has some bling they'd like to share...

Thanks, Rockclimber

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much assumed jewelers would make a ring in yg if you asked, even if it's wg in their website photos. Am I wrong?

--- Laurie

rennipenni

Rough_Rock
I adore my yellow gold halo. i've just always been a fan of YG, and it's what i wear.

r.jpg

RP

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
rockclimber|1295734472|2829998 said:
Hi everyone...I'm a newbie to this site, but had to jump in when I saw this topic. Quick summary: I've always been a WG fan, but recently have begun collecting some designer fashion jewelry that has YG in it....which got me to thinking that I'd like to remount my solitaire (1.61 ideal round) in a two tone setting. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a new two tone setting and have been surpised by the lack of choices. Anyways, after seeing a ring on a gal at a local jewelry store, I came up with the idea of doing a minor bit of customizing with EternityDiamonds.com. I've ordered the Tessa Cathedral Cushion mount, which I'm customizing by having the band in WG and the cushion in YG (prongs will be WG). I also ordered two of the matching bands in YG to "anchor" the setting. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous, but also excited to see how it comes out....happy to post pictures when I get it if anyone would like to see....also, I've seen several pictures of the replicas that ED provides, but not too many finished products...would love to see more if anyone has some bling they'd like to share...

Thanks, Rockclimber
I'm in the same boat! I want to consider switching to two tone, but I am not having much luck finding something that doesn't look dated. I LOVE your idea and would love to see photos when you get it.

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
Hi Laurie,

I think you're right, most jewelers will....but for me, it's hard to not have the visual, and I've noticed that many consider making something in YG or two tone custom work and subject to different return policies, etc. Apparently two tone was at it's height about 8 to 10 years ago (which makes sense as I had one back then) but fell out of "vogue"....BUT, yellow gold is supposedly coming back, and with it the two tone....we'll see:)

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
RP, you're ring is absolutely beautiful....thanks for posting! Lynn

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
skphotoimages - I definitely will post when I get it....in the meantime, I've found more results by doing a google search on two tone rings and selecting only "images" from the toolbar....lots of links to look through (and back up plans for me if my idea doesn't come out as hoped:)...Lynn

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
rennipenni|1295829512|2830881 said:
I adore my yellow gold halo. i've just always been a fan of YG, and it's what i wear.

r.jpg

RP

omg that's BEAUTIFUL. love it!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is in my avatar. Granted it's a ruby center and not a diamond, but there it is nonetheless! I love it. These photos were not taken by me, but this is my ring. I wear it with a plain domed comfort fit 18K yellow 4mm band. Best of luck! I'm with your guy, I LOVE yellow gold.

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results