shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Antique Jewelry on Montana Ave.

movingforward

Rough_Rock
Hi. I just joined but have been looking at this forum on and off for the past year. I've been looking for an antique engagement ring with my boyfriend in the Los Angeles area. I found Montana Ave. Jewelers in Santa Monica. They specialize in estate jewelry and had a huge selection of engagement rings to choose from. Some of their antique mountings have been reset with modern cut diamonds but they were honest and quick to point out the rings which were altered. Russell is the owner and is extraordinarily friendly. I wanted an original antique and Russell help me find the ring of my dreams. It's a gold Victorian ring with a 1.50 carat European cut diamond. The sparkle is amazing! It came with a diamond report from GIA and the color is a "G" and the clarity is a "VS1". I looked at other jewelers who sell antiques but everything I saw was brownish, yellowish or had a lot of flaws. The antique diamonds at Montana Ave. Jewelers were all white and clear. Russell explained that he seeks out the high quality diamonds and delicate antique mountings. It would be remiss if I didn't comment on the quality of service. One word.... OUTSTANDING! They were the only jewelers who took the time to educate me about antique diamonds. Russell spent over an hour writing things down and explaining how the old diamonds were cut to sparkle under candle light. When we were finished there was 2 pages of notes which they let me take home to review. I'm now engaged and we plan on making this shop our local family jeweler. I'm hoping they don't sell the antique pendant I want for Valentines Day. If you're ever in Santa Monica, this shop is a true gem.

movingforward

Rough_Rock
It's me again. I always get confused. After I posted above I looked at my Diamond Report. I have an Old Mine Cut diamond, not a European Cut. Sorry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results