Super_Ideal_Rock
banana who?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Fanna Fo Fanna

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1294958728|2822098 said:
Like the despicable me short? Banana! Banana! Banana! Banana!! The commercials are too funny!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie -- I just saw your post. I wonder if things taste better if you grate the cheese yourself. I didn't have the patience though. We do have a food processor but I didn't even think to use it (and it's right on the counter!). Maybe next time.

DF -- Me my mo mana...right? :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1295003671|2822555 said:
Yssie -- I just saw your post. I wonder if things taste better if you grate the cheese yourself. I didn't have the patience though. We do have a food processor but I didn't even think to use it (and it's right on the counter!). Maybe next time.

Right

Manderz - Please read above :bigsmile:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, gotcha. Lol! Funny either way :)

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I just spent a whole lotta money buying bodybuggs for my sister and I, and I couldn't be happier! :appl: :appl: :appl:

She is going to be THRILLED TO DEATH, and I can't wait to surprise her! I'm also looking forward to being in conscious control of my lifestyle/diet so that I can achieve my weightloss goal this year!

*happy happy happy*

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me, or does it seem like PS is getting really petty and small?

I feel like posters are just looking for any excuse to attack each other, usually over small, stupid things.

I let a lot of stuff go in some of my past threads, think that made me go :shock: , but I didn't comment because I prefer to use old-fashioned manners: when someone in the room farts, you don't comment.

I also know that whatever I say, it will be parsed and criticized, regardless of civility. So, I really shouldn't even write this comment.

It's really made me adverse to posting on PS at all.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1295032165|2822827 said:

I feel like posters are just looking for any excuse to attack each other, usually over small, stupid things.

I let a lot of stuff go in some of my past threads, think that made me go :shock: , but I didn't comment because I prefer to use old-fashioned manners: when someone in the room farts, you don't comment.

I also know that whatever I say, it will be parsed and criticized, regardless of civility. So, I really shouldn't even write this comment.

There's a lot of us who feel this way...and many don't post on PS at all any anymore.

I've been here a while now and have let A LOT of things go, didn't have hard feelings towards anyone...but now I'm starting to have "feelings" towards certain posters because after a while...you see a pattern...and you just want to tell people to grow up. But I refrain fro it too bc it falls on deaf ears and most of the time (from when I've seen other posters do it) it doesn't end well. So I just move on along my merry way. I can talk to most of them on FB so I usually stick around there now, but I still love PS and have tried to contribute MORE to it bc of it but it hasn't seemed to help.

On a side note:

Bow chicka wow wow!

PS Ilander: Did you figure out why the street lights go out for your DH? It happends to me (then they go back after I've passed, so I know its not the light buring out...and it happens to more than one street light...like the whole street as I walk near them. Then after I pass them, they go right back on. Get near the next one, off again. After I'm past it, back on. So on and so fourth). At first I thought it was broken sensors...but wouldn't they turn ON and not OFF when someone goes by? And other ppl walk by them and nothing happens (i've watched!).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1294957724|2822083 said:
TooPatient|1294954386|2822021 said:
Yssie|1294951629|2821971 said:
TooPatient|1294951232|2821961 said:
Yssie|1294949967|2821935 said:
Zoe|1294915958|2821488 said:
Yssie|1294875681|2821111 said:
Zoe|1294872649|2821063 said:
I just made homemade mac and cheese and I made enough to feed an army. I didn't mean to but it's hard to judge how much to make and I always overestimate. Anyone want to come over for dinner? We're having mac and cheese, baked salmon, and veggies. :bigsmile:

Me!! I've only done it once, for DH's birthday - so much work to grate all that cheese! But.... mmmmmmm....

Oh but here's the big q: does it have ham or bacon?
I cheated and used shredded cheese that comes in a bag. It came out pretty good but next time I'd like to try a different recipe. I used Alton Brown's. The one I was going to make came from Martha Stewart and it called for butternut squash. There's no way my husband would have eaten though, so I made this one. Because we also had salmon last night, I didn't even think to put in ham or bacon. I might add baked ham next time. :lickout:

... okay, you know when that little bell goes ding! inside your head?
I spent an hour and a half grating cheddar and my the tops of my knuckles and it's scared me off it since, why on earth didn't I think of buying it shredded??

2 words:

FOOD PROCESSOR!

I was skeptical, but we have a grating blade for our food processor (not even an expensive fp, but it came with the blade). It seriously takes me under 5 minutes to grate all of the cheeses I need for a lasagna (smoked mozz, parm, provelone, asiago -- about 4 pounds) and pizza or mac & cheese takes about 2 minutes.

Plus NO grated knuckles!!

Would you believe that we just don't have counterspace for one? We have a glorious (red!) 12c kitchenaid processor that's boxed up at my parents' house because there's no space for it plus the stand mixer, and the stand mixer's grating and slicing attachment stinks!

Do you have any recs for a good smaller unit (the smaller the better)? Not terribly expensive either.

I'm looking for a new one too. We've got 2 (one meat & one dairy) and the one is old & broken.

I think Cuisinart & KitchenAid make some good ones (we've got one of each) that last a long time and are quite good. One feature I'd LOVE but we don't have is multiple bowl sizes. I think they each make one like this. They both make smaller units too that take less counter space. Personally, I'd much rather have slightly larger unit with multiple sizes of bins to allow for more uses and storage for blades so they aren't taking up cupboard/drawer space (which I don't have much -- plus those blades can be dangerous).

I just bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-2ABC-Processor-Brushed-Chrome/dp/B0000645YM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294957289&sr=8-1 for a whole $35 if it doesn't do the trick no foul :bigsmile: thanks for the cuisinart rec! I've only ever used kitchenaid - or. um. Ikea brand. so this is a new one for me. We hardly ever make large batches of anything (it's just me and DH) so even if it's a pain to empty half a dozen times for something bigger still faster (and safer!) than the grater tree 8)

FI likes the mini-prep. I'm not as sure of it but... it's still better than doing everything by hand. We had an older model so I've never actually used this one.

I use our FP for pies (pumpkin/sweet-potato), salsa, cheese grating, green herb chopping (cilantro, parsley, mint, etc), marinade making (garlic, olive oil, + whatever), and so much more. Makes life LOTS easier.
Ours has a slicing attachment too but I usually slice veggies by hand since it makes them a little oval shaped and the sliced veggie dishes I do really want super round. (I've got some great carrot salad recipes and stuff that I slice veggies for though...)

Enjoy!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Dear Director,

If you know for a week that you need something done, please, in the future, give me the courtesy of more that 2 hours and 45 minutes to get it done.

Thanks,

Trill

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. My heart just hurts for my friend, L.

A friend of hers died and she's at the funeral right now. This morning she found out a friend's dad died, so tonight she's driving across 3 states to be with her friend and go to that funeral. Her best friend won't pick up her calls, and she's canceling her plane ticket to see her best friend. I just got an e-mail asking if she can put hugs on reserve, because she's going to need them when she gets back. ;(

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1295032165|2822827 said:

I just try to ignore them. If I post in a thread that's negative (or heading there), I do the best I can to post on-topic and then, usually, just don't bother to go back to that thread again. I try to stick to the positive (not rosy-colored, happy, grinning, oblivious-to-reality but the ones where people are being civil to each other even if they have differing opinions) threads as much as possible.
It is hard though.... I find myself wishing I could post a thread for advice/support/opinions and then not doing it because I'm pretty sure it'll turn sour pretty quickly. Same thing for posting -- I've deleted more posts (type response then cancel before it is even posted) than I can count because I don't want to feed into the negativity or get myself attacked.

Sad.... there are so many wonderful people here and there have been so many great discussions/debates.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1295033240|2822843 said:
Ugh. My heart just hurts for my friend, L.

A friend of hers died and she's at the funeral right now. This morning she found out a friend's dad died, so tonight she's driving across 3 states to be with her friend and go to that funeral. Her best friend won't pick up her calls, and she's canceling her plane ticket to see her best friend. I just got an e-mail asking if she can put hugs on reserve, because she's going to need them when she gets back. ;(

Princess - sorry to hear about all this! :(

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock

I've heard heard pre-shredded cheese loses some of its moisture in the process, so your end product might be drier. Sounds better than a bloody knuckle though :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bunny007|1295036335|2822868 said:

I've heard heard pre-shredded cheese loses some of its moisture in the process, so your end product might be drier. Sounds better than a bloody knuckle though :)

Tastes much better when you grate it yourself!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It would be nice if I could order just a slice or two of pizza, and not a whole one... :naughty: :lickout: *nom*

It would also be nice if I wasn't still sick (two weeks and counting), and could actually taste said pizza if I could get it.

Currently eating crackers and drinking water, pretending it is pizza and a glass of prosecco :halo:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
T--Pizza Hut has a super thin crust, and if you order a medium with just your fave toppings on it, you could split it up into probably 2 servings. I used to order the medium thin crust veggie, and I remember that two slices was 250 calories (with regular cheese, Veggie Lover toppings). Hope you feel better soon! ETA: I've been ill since mid-December with a cold, then strep, then what is apparently an acute sinus infection. Started Cipro yesterday and am soooo over being sick! Again, hope you get well soon.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got a call I'd been dreading - the vet, with lab results from the blood and urine samples taken yesterday from Maya, my 14-year old cat.

So far... no kidney or urinary tract or any problems!

One borderline thyroid result that needs follow-up but could be no problem, and we need to wait a few more days for urine culture results.

In the past few years I had become used to watching for indicators of changes in Squeaky's health. Squeaky passed last summer -- a wonderful cat and gentleman to the end -- and I'm now getting to know Maya's "baseline." It looks like I mis-read some things that I thought might indicate health problems, and it looks like Maya might get to enjoy her "only cat" status (the only thing she's ever really wanted :wink2: ) in good health!

ETA - pizza -- YUM!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1295116068|2823565 said:
Just got a call I'd been dreading - the vet, with lab results from the blood and urine samples taken yesterday from Maya, my 14-year old cat.

So far... no kidney or urinary tract or any problems!

One borderline thyroid result that needs follow-up but could be no problem, and we need to wait a few more days for urine culture results.

In the past few years I had become used to watching for indicators of changes in Squeaky's health. Squeaky passed last summer -- a wonderful cat and gentleman to the end -- and I'm now getting to know Maya's "baseline." It looks like I mis-read some things that I thought might indicate health problems, and it looks like Maya might get to enjoy her "only cat" status (the only thing she's ever really wanted :wink2: ) in good health!

ETA - pizza -- YUM!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

What a relief that must be!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, VRBeauty! That's fantastic.

I need more patience. I'm in the middle of making a cake plate and I have to wait for the spray paint to dry before I can attach the pieces, and it's driving me bonkers. I just want my pretty cake plate already.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Yssie and Princess - it is a huge relief!

Good luck with that cake plate, Princess!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1295134078|2823838 said:

I need more patience. I'm in the middle of making a cake plate and I have to wait for the spray paint to dry before I can attach the pieces, and it's driving me bonkers. I just want my pretty cake plate already.

Could you post a pic of the finished product? Would love to see! :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1295147236|2824005 said:

Sure! This isn't the best picture, but it gives you a good idea of what it looks like.

cake%20plate.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
princesss|1295275312|2824877 said:
junebug17|1295147236|2824005 said:

Sure! This isn't the best picture, but it gives you a good idea of what it looks like.

cake%20plate.jpg

Ooooh, that's pretty! What a great idea!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Love the cake plate princess!!

VR - That's FANTASTIC about your kitty!

I don't want a full thread for this, but could use some horsey dust. One of our horses injured his leg quite severely on Thursday afternoon. I spent Friday with him and the vet. He's on stall rest for an extended time with steroids and pain killers. This could be something that would cause him chronic problems though. :((

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1295369803|2825803 said:
Love the cake plate princess!!

VR - That's FANTASTIC about your kitty!

I don't want a full thread for this, but could use some horsey dust. One of our horses injured his leg quite severely on Thursday afternoon. I spent Friday with him and the vet. He's on stall rest for an extended time with steroids and pain killers. This could be something that would cause him chronic problems though. :((

Lots of horsey dust for healing and a bag of carrots too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your horse makes a speedy recovery, DF! It's great that you were able to spend so much time with him the other day.

This is our second snow day in 2 weeks. It's been nice (especially since we were off yesterday for MLK day), but I'm done now. I don't want to make up many more days, otherwise, we'll be in school til July.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Hi!!! I am back, and jet lagged like a champ! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results