shape
carat
color
clarity

Help One Garnet Girl!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,
I really hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking for your help, but our beloved jewelry designer One Garnet Girl is in need. Her boxer Natasha escaped from their yard in Greenfield, MA yesterday afternoon and they are desperately searching for her. She was last seen this afternoon around 3 near a condo complex near Hope Street. Here is a photo of her baby. If you're in the area, or know someone who is, please keep an eye out.
This community has done some incredible things so hopefully we can rally again. I apologize if this is in the wrong area or breaks any rules... this seemed like the most popular board for her fans.
164500_1807499232465_1389477025_2038076_1129207_n.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure you post this to the Pets section of her city on Craigslist.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I dont' live anywhere near there so I'm no help but can you keep us updated? I really hope she finds her dog. i would be a complete wreck if something happened to one of my girls (doggies).

Crossing my fingers they find her quickly.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I would be a wreck too. I hope she was wearing that big red pendant and that it helps her get home safe and quickly.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, she is only wearing a running collar with no tags. Maddy is doing all of the right things, she's called the police, vets in the area, shelters, put up and handed out flyers, she's all over the net (craigslist included), and is offering a reward. To make matters worse, the poor puppy has had lots of health issues and needs medication. I just hope she's somewhere warm and safe.
I will definitely keep you posted. I'm a wreck just thinking about what her family is going through.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's soooo sad ;( ! I'm sending them lots of dust. I'm in NH and it's cold tonight!

Please keep us updated.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
:errrr: Oh no! This is my nightmare! I love my fur babies and would be devastated if something ever happened to them. I am an overly cautious pet owner, always checking my fence to make sure is still secure during potty breaks, etc.

When DH and I first started living together he wasn't in the habit of locking the door at all times. I've always thought it is essential for safety, especially since we were living in an apartment. Well, one day when I was at work he had left the door unlocked while he was showering. The door had been acting up and since it was unlocked it opened on its own. After getting off work, I had a voice mail (hadn't heard my phone ring while at work). A lady was like "Hi, I have your baby. I found him in the parking lot. I thought it was my dog (they looked alike) so I went over to check. I took him in for you and I'm sure he's being missed!" Uggggghhh. There are no words for the fumes I felt. I think this was the only time I've been genuinely upset with DH. DH hadn't called me (I assume he thought he might try to find him and not bother upsetting me).

I was like what has happened? Are my other dogs okay? One of my dogs was a one pound baby then so I was just sure he had gotten out and snatched up or ran over. Every worst case scenario went through my mind before I got home. I love my dogs so much and that was the worst ride home ever. I cried *so* much. Thankfully when I got home my other two babies hadn't budged from the couch. I am so thankful that the escapee pooch was wearing tags (he was the only one wearing a collar at the time) and that a kind person found my dog and returned him to me. All of my dogs are little and I worry about what would happen to them if they ever got out. You better believe I got the door fixed that day! I never let my dogs out unattended so it's almost unfathomable that something like this happened. It all worked out though and DH always locks the door now :wink2:! Sorry for the length of this.

Anytime I see a dog by itself I stay with it until I find the owner and hopefully another such person will find the missing pet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your friend! CL gets a lot of traffic so hopefully someone will see her! Hopefully it will turn out fine for her like it did for me!

Is her baby microchipped?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
OH NO.....prayers for Dear Natasha's safe return!!!! Big hugs Maddy....love you!

Lori

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
THEY FOUND HER!!!!! YAY!! I don't have details yet, but I will share them as soon as I do!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looking forward to the rescue story.....and hope an analysis of the "escape" leads to implementation of safeguards to prevent a repeat. i'm so glad One Garnet Girl has her fur baby back!

MoZo

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear this had a happy ending :mrgreen: . As you can see in my avatar, I'm a definate dog person. Ruffy's not only my partner in herding but he's also my BFF :bigsmile:

Pete

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy they found her! :appl:

I'd be devastated if one of my dogs ran off and I couldn't find them.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Yay! :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm soooo relieved to hear this!! Please give us some details. Is she OK?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, total relief hearing the dog is found and okay.

I have two Westies, one with health problems and daily medication requirements. Words could not express what it would be like if they were lost.

I'm so glad her dog is home with her.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't heard much, but she did post this update on Facebook:
So Natasha was worn out, dropped 5-6 lbs in 48 hours, her pads were a little beaten and cut, and her liver levels are high. After a bath and a trip to the DR she is on pain meds, antibiotics and resting in my lap. I love you all and I'll give you the full version of the ordeal in the AM, it's a CRAZY story.

I'm sure she is worn out from all of this. I will update you when she does in the morning. I'm sure all of us worrying for her and sending her wishes helped!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
so glad they found her! thank you for the updates!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear they found their dog! YEah.

Since this post is about dogs, I'll make one of my famous pitches about PUPPY MILLS.
99.99% of dogs in pet stores come from puppy mills. The way to stop this abuse is to stop buying dogs in pet stores, or from classified ads with many breeds or online without seeing the mother dog. Any decent breeder will have the mother, and allow you to see the mother.

Here in PA where I live, there are over 2000 puppy mills in Lancaster county. This dogs are shipped to pet store, sure the puppy will get a home, but remember it's parents are sitting in cages, in the cold for life. The law is the cages needs to be just 6" longer than the dog is from nose to rear.

puppymillimages.jpeg

john gem

Rough_Rock
sorry to hear about this. glad it had a happy ending

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results