shape
carat
color
clarity

What ADVICE Would You Give to Newlyweds?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
LGK

Your husband sounds a lot like my fiancé.

He is also very physically affectionate, it always makes me feel so loved. I hope he never changes.

I can't give any advice, only been together 1 and a half years and not married yet, but I've learned a lot from thus thread. Thanks all!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
as the last two posters mentioned, DH is very affectionate. He hates that I refer to him as touchy-feely, but I think it is really the glue that holds us together. He never leaves in the mornings without kissing me goodbye, and doesn't go to bed without kissing me goodnight. He solicits (even demands!) hugs and snuggles, loves to hold hands in the car, etc. It's been important because I tend to be the more brooding one, and he insists on physical connection even if we are upset. It's a very powerful reminder that love is still there, and more important than the moment. Of the two of us, I am more likely to be kind of distant, so I feel very, very lucky to have a partner that is opposite. I really enjoy showing affection with him, but I still need it less, and if it wasn't a priority for him, it wouldn't be for me either.

In terms of love languages, it's dead last for me, and #1 for him.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Trillionaire: Cuddly husbands are great. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread in case there are new lurkers/posters, plus some recent threads have suggested these points:

:arrow: BEFORE you get married, talk about:

Do you want kids?

What is your money spending style? Frugal, spendy, bills first or fun first? Saver or spender?

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? (my DH (then fiance) surprised me when he said he wanted his own company, but now I'm glad we did it)

Do you want pets, if so, how MANY? (a lot of those crazy cat ladies, with 39 cats, may have been married up until cat #22 or so)

In what area of the country do you want to spend your life? (a friend of mine found out her fiance (now DH) wanted to live in Europe. And there they are, as we speak)

It's really best to talk about this all BEFORE marriage as recent threads have suggested . . .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results