shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your wedding dress pics and prices

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'm engaged! Yay! The (omg) fiance rented a private sailboat on New Year's and so here we are!!!

There are so many lovely dresses online. A lot of websites don't show their prices though. If you're comfortable with it, show me your wedding dresses and prices? I'd love to see how the pieces look on you too (I certainly don't have the shape of a wedding model).

Did you find a big difference in quality between "higher" end gowns and "more reasonable" gowns (however you'd define that)?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
1,300 Adorea by Sottero and Midgley (free alterations at the place I bought the dress- even the bustling is free!!!)

adress7111.jpg

IMG_91572.jpg

IMG_91562.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, AMYSBLING! That dress looks STUNNING on you!!!! I was wondering how much a Sottero dress cost. Thank you.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
iota15|1294019460|2812743 said:
OMG, AMYSBLING! That dress looks STUNNING on you!!!! I was wondering how much a Sottero dress cost. Thank you.

Depends on the style and dress... I tried on a ton of sottero dresses ranging from 700 - 1,300 (of course I fall in love with the most expensive one I tried on!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No dress ideas - I wore my MIL's and a bunch of saris, just wanted to say congrats on your engagement iota!! :bigsmile:

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS to you!!

I LOOOOVED my dress! My dress was Watters Brides and I paid .... wait for it.... $253 with tax. Yup, I purchased it at the Running of the Brides event in Boston last year. I think the dress was originally priced at $1700-$2000. I cannot tell you how many people asked me if it was Vera Wang. :naughty: The ruffle at the bottom was added by my incredible seamstress and I made the sash. Hope that helps!

keed71.JPG

keed76.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok, here goes...

thedress_front1.jpg

my dress was $2550 at a store that only sells samples. this may seem ridiculously expensive but I fell in love with it and it was in budget. the dress is Ines di Santo, and there is a lace dress in the Dec. Brides magazine by Ines di Santo that retails for $11,200!

also on another wedding site (weddingbee) there is a rather large thread of wedding dress pics/prices that may be helpful.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Ledke - I totally see the Vera Wang vibe flying off that dress. I can't believe you were able to do it so reasonably. It's giving me ideas! (Oh, and I :love: that venue! That's giving me ideas too.)

Yssie - Thank you for the congrats!

Slg47 - I can see why you love that dress. It's so feminine and really accentuates your body. Thanks for the weddingbee tip too!

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
I'm mostly just lurk on here, so I hope no one minds me posting.

Mine was a Maggie Sottero (the lower-end version of Sottero and Midgley), and I paid about $700.

I loved my dress. That said, I could definitely tell the difference between the expensive gowns I tried on and this one, which was the absolute cheapest dress I tried on. The fabrics were much more luxurious in the higher-end lines, and I felt like the level of detail was greater. Nonetheless, this dress made me feel beautiful and was way below budget, so it was the one.

dress_0.jpg

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I'll pimp my dress. no problem! ;-)

Sorry in advance for the numerous pics, but my dress had lots of tiny details that weren't captured by one photo. It's a Maggie Sottero and at the time of purchase (2007), I believe I paid $800 for it (if I'm also recalling properly, Maggie Sottero gives you a free veil when you purchase a dress through them. I know I didn't pay for my veil, but it also could have been the dress shop - I don't remember).

For what it's worth, Maggie Sottero dresses are ridiculously comfy! I could wear this thing everyday, ha!

wedding dress side.jpg

wedding dress front.jpg

wedding dress back.jpg

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
downsized_0817001534a.jpg downsized_0817001535.jpg

its a venus dress.. it was about 1000$ but i got it for 400$. it was a floor sample and the company was going out of business!! i got lucky, and it fit me to a T, which is why I am not dieting so i do not gain anymore weight or i will not fit into it haha..

We are altering it into a sweetheart (thanks ladies!) and not having the black sating ribbon, it originally is not on the dress but we put it on to see what it would look like.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
nicoleben|1294149908|2813923 said:
downsized_0817001534a.jpg downsized_0817001535.jpg

its a venus dress.. it was about 1000$ but i got it for 400$. it was a floor sample and the company was going out of business!! i got lucky, and it fit me to a T, which is why I am not dieting so i do not gain anymore weight or i will not fit into it haha..

We are altering it into a sweetheart (thanks ladies!) and not having the black sating ribbon, it originally is not on the dress but we put it on to see what it would look like.

oops and i know i look miserable in the pic, but i really wasn't! also i meant to say i am NOW dieting, not "not" dieting.. i should definately re-read what i post.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Iota, congrats on the engagement! I'm not engaged, but I do work at a bridal salon. If there are any dresses in particular that you want the price of, just ask me. We carry a lot of lines, so if we do carry it I can look it up for you.
:tongue:

Amber204

Rough_Rock
Purchased for $650.00 in Canada. Although it was originally $750.00 but the bridal shop happened to have a sale on all dresses that were $750.00 or more, if the dress was $750.00 or more you received $100.00 off so I just squeaked in!

aaback.jpg

aafront.jpg

Congrats on your engagement! What a great thread to start... I had no idea how much dresses were until I started the search in stores. My dress was $1050 full price, but I was able to fit into the floor sample and got it for $792 with tax. I thought that was a total steal. It is a Mori Lee dress. Here is me in it. I am not the size of a model, for sure, unless you consider a plus size model!

Attachments

• meinmydress.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 19,858

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My dress was the "Brazil" by Blue by Enzoani (original size 8, probably sized down to between a 4 and 6 because I lost 20 pounds after I purchased the dress).

Cost was $2000 + alterations.

ETA: Here's another that shows how sparkly it was. None of my pro pics show all the beading, it's weird. This was taken by a friend. It also shows the puckering that occurred from having it sized down so much. ETA (again!): I guess the pic is too small on here to see the beading. Oops!

dresspicforps.jpg

dresspicforps2.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Mine is from David's Bridal. NEVER. EVER. Thought I would be a David's Bridal Bride. But I am!

The fabric isn't luxurious, but I actually appreciate that it's slightly stiffer...it holds its shape really well and it needs to do that with the box pleating! I didn't try any dresses on that were over $1200, but I did feel differences in fabric between, say, a David's or Alfred Angelo dress and ones from Casablanca and Anjolique.

Here's my dress...including sash...bought during David's dress sale for a total of $410 including tax!

file.jpg

file.jpg

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1294181432|2814307 said:
Mine is from David's Bridal. NEVER. EVER. Thought I would be a David's Bridal Bride. But I am!

The fabric isn't luxurious, but I actually appreciate that it's slightly stiffer...it holds its shape really well and it needs to do that with the box pleating! I didn't try any dresses on that were over $1200, but I did feel differences in fabric between, say, a David's or Alfred Angelo dress and ones from Casablanca and Anjolique.

Here's my dress...including sash...bought during David's dress sale for a total of $410 including tax!

file.jpg

file.jpg

Love the black sash AND Black Shoes!!! Are you wearing them in the wedding? I just love the look of bold shoes with white dresses, I was on the borderline of wearing bright red peep toe shoes with my dress, but then my colors changed.. Mehhh :lol:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
nicoleben|1294235652|2814809 said:
Love the black sash AND Black Shoes!!! Are you wearing them in the wedding? I just love the look of bold shoes with white dresses, I was on the borderline of wearing bright red peep toe shoes with my dress, but then my colors changed.. Mehhh :lol:

Nicoleben, thank you, but they're actually royal purple! The lighting in David's isn't great for pictures, but the sash is David's Bridal's "Regency" (Dresses in Regency so you can get a better idea of the colour) and the shoes are Stuart Weitzman Turalus in violet satin. (Shoes!)

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
well either way, black or purple, its beautiful!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
nicoleben|1294248391|2814971 said:
well either way, black or purple, its beautiful!

Thanks! It's my absolute favorite shade of my absolute favorite colour, so I couldn't be happier!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Here's my wedding dress - it is a Monique Lhuillier that was a little over $5,000.................but free to me. It was my something borrowed and it was my best friend's wedding dress. I paid about $200 to have the bustle redone and to get a crinoline to make it more vintage (it was more modern on her)

632592-R1-02-2A.jpg

632595-R1-23-24.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on getting engaged!

Here's my dress.
I don't have any really good photos of me in it... this one was taken when we went to pick the dress up... it needs to be taken in and have a bustle added (and pressed lol), but it was $1499 plus tax. It is from the Impression Couture line #6136. I LOVE this dress...
I mostly tried on dresses in the $900-$1500 range so I didn't necessarily "wear" any "more reasonable" gowns... but I do know that there is a definite difference in materials, fit, comfort and the quality with which they are made. To some people that makes a huge difference, and for others, it doesn't because they are only wearing it for one day.

I fall somewhere in the middle (leaning more towards quality) and if I had to buy the dress myself (my mom insisted on buying my dress and set the budget), I probably would have stuck in the $800-$1000 range.. because that is what I could afford. But I am super comfortable in my dress and the stitching is impeccable and I LOVE all of the embellishments!

dressimpress6136.JPG

dressstock1.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
pinki|1294283146|2815397 said:
Here's my wedding dress - it is a Monique Lhuillier that was a little over $5,000.................but free to me. It was my something borrowed and it was my best friend's wedding dress. I paid about $200 to have the bustle redone and to get a crinoline to make it more vintage (it was more modern on her)

pinki - You looked gorgeous! Is that the jacqueline top? You are so lucky to be able to borrow it. I plan to get the jacqueline as well. I've been patrolling the used websites but they all seem to be sample size or smaller (which I am not!).

Thanks for posting your pics! Can't wait to get one of my own!

Hot Mama by the fountain! Love it!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
lucyandroger|1294325845|2815684 said:

pinki - You looked gorgeous! Is that the jacqueline top? You are so lucky to be able to borrow it. I plan to get the jacqueline as well. I've been patrolling the used websites but they all seem to be sample size or smaller (which I am not!).

Thank you so much! It is indeed the Jacqueline top, it was so perfect. I felt so beautiful in it and I get a lot of compliments on it for being different and looking so vintage. I'll send some dust your way so you can find one too!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Future Mrs. Sterling|1294330903|2815751 said:
Hot Mama by the fountain! Love it!

Oh why thank you Mrs. Sterling...hehehe...can't wait to see that veil on you in less than 10 months! :naughty:

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm about to start dress shopping and this is very informative! Beautiful dresses ladies!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
pinki|1294363512|2816288 said:
lucyandroger|1294325845|2815684 said:

Thank you so much! It is indeed the Jacqueline top, it was so perfect. I felt so beautiful in it and I get a lot of compliments on it for being different and looking so vintage. I'll send some dust your way so you can find one too!

Love it! I have the same dress...you were so lucky to get it borrowed!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
iota15|1294012068|2812647 said:
Did you find a big difference in quality between "higher" end gowns and "more reasonable" gowns (however you'd define that)?

The biggest difference that I noted was the kind of fabric used to make the dress- natural fiber (silk) or synthetic. When I was dress shopping I knew I wanted to try and get a silk dress. I tried on a lot of really nice synthetic gowns but ended up with silk in the end. I don't recall seeing a silk down for under $1000 (in normal salons, not consignment or pre-owned or sample sales) and I feel like most of them are $1500+. Of course, if I knew more about dress construction I might be able to tell you differences between the higher end and more affordable gowns but I can't really tell you where the value is with that kind of stuff because I'm just not knowledgeable. When it comes to fabric I have seen and felt some really great synthetics. My friend's Enzoani comes to mind. I think she paid about $1100 for it three years ago.

The dress I ended up wearing was the Marisa 737. It's silk organza with Alencon lace appliques. Its hard to tell from the pics but the lace started on the bodice and went down the front of the dress and swirled around onto the train. I loved the way it moved. I paid $1200 from Pearl's Place (and then another $200 when we moved up our date a year to rush it). I think the regular retail price was around $1800-$1900.

dress bodice.jpg

wharf.jpg

running ctek.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results