shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MrsHope

Rough_Rock
It actually SNOWED in Phoenix AZ yesterday and this morning there was such a thick layer of frost on the ground! Amazing, last time we it snowed in Phoenix was about 15 years ago! :appl:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I HATE MY APARTMENT

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking it may be time to turn up the thermostat. Either that or put on a second pair of pants or a second sweatshirt or another pair of slippers...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very best post-holiday shopping finds are two shirt folding boards that I got at a store that's closing (at that location - large chain). Two industrial-strength boards - one for shirts and another for bulky sweaters - for 50 cents.

Seriously, I have been lusting after these boards! :lol: And I've already re-folded two shelves worth of stuff!

Of course, my humble folding boards can't hold a candle to this folding board:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiCWm17IK6M&feature=fvw

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm never nervous about anything but I literally want to vomit every time I think about the fact that I start NS on Tuesday. God help me. ;(

I can't stop beating myself up over it.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1293754746|2810399 said:
Learning how to take paneling down and start gutting the bathrooms this weekend. After dealing w/the leak for 3 years I finally was able to throw such a hissy fit that a shut off was put on downstairs to stop the leak...took a grand total of 1 hour. Now when we want to use the tub we have to run downstairs and flip a switch, and run back down afterward to shut it off. Dad doesn't think it's a big deal but he's not the one dealing w/it now is he? 3 years of me screaming and waving my arms and begging and cajoling, and listening to excuse after excuse, boiled down to one hour to fix the problem but will result in a few thousand to renovate 2 bathrooms that are completely destroyed, plus a mold problem in the house which now the providers at work think is why the kids and I are so sick all the time. My dad just can't quite seem to grasp the fact that telling us he'll help fix things so we don't have to hire it done, but making us wait 3+ years and in the meantime letting things deteriorate will in fact cause us to spend MORE money b/c all I asked for was a new tub/surround and faucet, and to fix the pipes behind the tub. Now, everything has to come out, floor included, plus JD's entire bathroom has been ruined, ceiling, walls, everything but the cement floor.

Next time he "jokingly" tells me he's not doing anymore projects for the next year (my brother bought a house in October and they're GUTTING it and redoing it..while my 3 year old project sits and rots), I'm just going to smile and shrug and say nevermind, I've got someone coming to give us an estimate.

Dad tells me I'm spoiled if I come up w/projects. bwhahaha fecking spoiled as in MOLDY perhaps?? spoiled my fat butt.

oh packrat! I'm sorry, that is terrible. :(sad I would be absolutely fuming if it were my bathrooms that had been ruined because it took so long to get a small job done. :nono: I'm pretty sure there is a lot of truth in mold causing illness as well. (sorry!) so it is probably best that you get a professional to deal with it right away rather than wait for your dad to do it. Urgh family! they think they're doing you a favour when really they just cause you more trouble....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I got such an awesome Christmas gift from a friend of mine. There's this artist that does paintings of our city, and she got me a print of his (and actually, she got herself the same print). http://davidfrenchoriginals.com/gallery/forever-Charlotte/index.php?p=image/a new theater web/ I absolutely love it. Now I just have to save up to get it framed! I've seen this guy's work all around town but never bought any of it, and this is the perfect print for me. Yay!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1293982232|2812265 said:
I got such an awesome Christmas gift from a friend of mine. There's this artist that does paintings of our city, and she got me a print of his (and actually, she got herself the same print). http://davidfrenchoriginals.com/gallery/forever-Charlotte/index.php?p=image/a new theater web/ I absolutely love it. Now I just have to save up to get it framed! I've seen this guy's work all around town but never bought any of it, and this is the perfect print for me. Yay!

Isn't his stuff great? I love that one and a lot of his other work.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1293983679|2812273 said:
princesss|1293982232|2812265 said:

Isn't his stuff great? I love that one and a lot of his other work.

It really is! I love the parts in the series where the local characters (the penguin from The Penguin, the elephants from the Salvador Deli, etc.) wreak havoc all over town. And the Penguin Starry Night is one of my favourites. I may end up with one or two more prints before too long.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princesss -- Yeah, I like that too! One of my other favorites is Freedom Park.

How was your trip, by the way?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks HOT! It's so incredibly frustrating. JD said something to dad about it and he poo-poo'd it "Oh GAWD, they're grasping at straws". So, we've sprayed a bunch of bleach water and are going to get started on our own. I went w/my parents in October and picked out the tub, surround, faucets, vanity, sink, and toilet b/c we were finally supposed to start on it. All that stuff is still sitting in the garage, for all the good it does. :rolleyes:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I like Freedom Park, too!

The trip was amazing! I had so much fun hanging out with my family. They made this an experience Christmas instead of a big gift Christmas, which was perfect! I went dune bashing with my brother, and the tour company we went through had this bedouin-style dinner afterwards and a belly dancer and hookahs. We did an overnight in Oman, which was so cool. I've never seen anything like it - rocky mountains with almost no vegetation right next to the ocean (which was smooth as glass). We went on a half day dhow cruise (a wooden boat) and went snorkeling and saw a ton of dolphins, and I became hopelessly addicted to Omani dates. Mmmmm...dates. And we went to the top of the Burj Khalifa (well, okay, not the top - but the observation deck, which is as high as the general public gets to go). It didn't feel that high until I was looking down thinking, "Hey, cars only look that small when you're in an airplane!"

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh never mind. Apparently my brother's house has to be completely gutted and renovated before starting my 3 year old project. Kinda figured but thought I was making headway. Whatever, eh? I can hear it now..once my brother's house is done, my parents will need to catch up on their stuff, and then it will be Spring which hasn't been a good time the last 3 Springs b/c of planting and yardwork..and then Summer won't be good like the last 3 Summers b/c it's hotter than blue blazes and they'll be working 7 days a week. Then next Fall, well, you know, gotta get yard work set for winter and there's plans for a wedding this Fall..then next Winter..maybe? I do believe I'll be calling for an estimate.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1293984726|2812280 said:
Thanks HOT! It's so incredibly frustrating. JD said something to dad about it and he poo-poo'd it "Oh GAWD, they're grasping at straws". So, we've sprayed a bunch of bleach water and are going to get started on our own. I went w/my parents in October and picked out the tub, surround, faucets, vanity, sink, and toilet b/c we were finally supposed to start on it. All that stuff is still sitting in the garage, for all the good it does. :rolleyes:

You can do a lot of stuff yourself, but GET AN ESTIMATE! Mold is nothing to play around with.

Also, look into Kilz -- it is AMAZING.

Gotta love family..... good intentions with not always good (okay... often bad) outcomes.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I feel like getting a new av is like getting a new haircut. Fun, and just plain necessary sometimes.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1294193134|2814499 said:
I feel like getting a new av is like getting a new haircut. Fun, and just plain necessary sometimes.
It's an amazing photo! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
f I don't find a job soon I just may do something drastic..I have NEVEr felt this hopeless in my life

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My in-laws are the best. Just the best.

That is all.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber - sorry to hear of your situation. Hope things turn around for you VERY SOON! Dust being sent your way!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I have to spend more time reading books and less time on the internet!

Am going book shopping for a huge stack of good reads! Yah!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping for a better day today. Yesterday I had to deal with...

- a whining/crying 9 year old that said he couldnt go to school because he had fallen and gotten some light
road rash on his back (yeh, I know it hurts but claiming that its going to make you throw up isnt going to
work with me :rolleyes: )

- having my 6 year old daughter throw up after giving her medicine that the doc said had no flavor. It was
the worst tasting medicing I have ever tasted. What good does it do to prescribe aweful tasting medicine
to children??? Got to call the doc back for a different med :(sad .

-taking my cat to the vet because his eye looked bad. He also needed shots so it was good timing. He peed in
his carrier on the way over (nerves), couldnt get his shots because of the eye thing and pottied in his carrier
on the way home :knockout: . Had to give the cat a bath...me, 0 scratches, older son, 4. So, not too bad.
But, no shots so I have to take him back in a couple of weeks and may have to go through all this peeing/pooping
saga again :nono: :???: .

It has to be a better day or I may be vising my local psych ward :shock: :lol: :shock: !

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1293985382|2812293 said:
Ahhh never mind. Apparently my brother's house has to be completely gutted and renovated before starting my 3 year old project. Kinda figured but thought I was making headway. Whatever, eh? I can hear it now..once my brother's house is done, my parents will need to catch up on their stuff, and then it will be Spring which hasn't been a good time the last 3 Springs b/c of planting and yardwork..and then Summer won't be good like the last 3 Summers b/c it's hotter than blue blazes and they'll be working 7 days a week. Then next Fall, well, you know, gotta get yard work set for winter and there's plans for a wedding this Fall..then next Winter..maybe? I do believe I'll be calling for an estimate.

Um yeah, i think it is best that you get that estimate! Good luck, i hope you can find someone soon for a reasonable price. I bet you get it done before your dad has started your brothers place!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
MC|1294263525|2815146 said:
Amber - sorry to hear of your situation. Hope things turn around for you VERY SOON! Dust being sent your way!

thank you. I'm really discouraged.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1294333285|2815793 said:

What field are you looking in?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to go sky diving. It's decided. :shock: :angryfire:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amber St. Clare|1294246249|2814936 said:
f I don't find a job soon I just may do something drastic..I have NEVEr felt this hopeless in my life

I know just exactly how you feel. Sending you hugs and dust for a speedy resolution to your situation.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1294333285|2815793 said:

Don't be. I am feeling very good for you in mid-February! :appl: There's a dull, flat line that goes straight through the months, until it hits mid-February, then it slopes up fast and turns very bright.

Here's a weird thought: why do I see bread?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ilander - I didn't realize you were clairvoyant! Where have you been hiding sister???

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1294246249|2814936 said:

Amber, your post concerns me, and I'm worried about you. Do you have someone in your life you can confide in, and that can help you through this tough time?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1294371809|2816392 said:
Ilander - I didn't realize you were clairvoyant! Where have you been hiding sister???

I don't think I really am, but sometimes pictures come to me.

Are you clairvoyant?

Can you read the latest "Calling ilander" thread and help me on that one? I did okay on the first "calling ilander", but I got nothing on the second one. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results