AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
SO took the assessment his scores were:
6 words of affirmation
9 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

I think our scores were pretty similar and he also said he felt like both of ours were accurate. I'm really glad I found this thread.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
12 for words of affirmation for me. Which is completely true.
8 - quality time
1 - receiving gifts (really? :confused: )
3 - acts of service
6 - physical touch

interesting! I'm sending this to DH now.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I got 12 for acts of service, 8 quality time, 4 physical touch, and 3 for both gifts and affirmation.

This doesn't surprise me, I'm an 'actions speak louder' type of gal, and I hate it when people undertake to do something, off their own bat, and then don't follow through. Far rather they just did or didn't do the action and told me when it was done. Not good at busted promises. I accept the situation of course, but I can't help but remember it.

I do like prezzies but because I love reading and have a lot of books, people always get me more books. Which can be nice, but...
If my SO was a bit better at the present idea, I think I might have put that a little higher since it is an act too. As it is, I'm very very grateful for all the help with our dogs and the chores he does for us.

I'm sure sweetness will be high on physical touch. I think we will overlap on the quality time. It'll be interesting to see - thanks for pointing out the book.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I ranked #1 Acts of Service
#2 Words of Affirmation
#3 Quality Time
#4 Physical Touch
#5 Receiving Gifts.

I'm pretty sure DH would score Physical Touch and Quality Time. I'll see if I can get him to do the test tonight.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
1.) Acts of Service
2.) Receiving Gifts
3.) Quality Time
4.) Words of Affirmation
5.) Physical Touch

This is quite accurate :bigsmile:

I feel loved when DH helps me in the tasks that need to get done, and I don't have to ask or remind him. I got a speeding ticket in the mail once, one of the photo enforcement ones, and I remember feeling so blown away that DH (then FI) took the ticket, wrote and entire rebuttal, including diagrams and sent it to me, so that I wouldn't have to pay the $50 fine. That meant so much more to me than almost anything he has done. Even if when he cooks on his nights, it just makes me feel appreciated as a partner, and not taken for granted. ::)

As for gifts, I love giving gifts because I pay attention to what people want, like and need, so I alway pick up little things for DH, and I really appreciate the same thoughtfulness. I am not the type to ask for much of anything, but little things mean a lot, even if it's a piece of candy that I like, or a CD or book, a love note, etc. When we were dating, DH bought me a rose made out of a palm leaf that he got from a homeless man on our campus for a $1 when we were leaving the library one night. I kept it for years, and it is probably still in my parent's house somewhere.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Quality Time was my top language, followed by Physical Touch. These are definitely my top two! My others in descending order are Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Words of Affirmation.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I'm Words of Affirmation (9) and Quality Time (8). Physical touch was 6, Acts of Service 5, and Receiving Gifts 2.

DH's language is Physical Touch, I think. He loves snuggling and is always kissing and hugging me. He likes to pinch and tease too - says he does it because he 'loves' me. :roll: :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results