shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joker98

Rough_Rock
She currently thinks that I am not going to propse for at least another 6 months so she will be so shocked when I do it on Christmas. I only hope that I can hold out long enough and not give the secret away. It is really hard stringing her along when I feel as strongly as I do but I want something that will be memorable. Plus it will be 8 weeks before I get the ring anyway. I already asked for her fathers blessing so that''s one thing out of the way. OK, enough rambling.

My proposal idea. I want to give her a bunch of little gifts and I want her to think that the big gift is me asking her to move in with me but the last thing that I will give her will be a coupon book full of I.O.U.''s. The first few will be for dog walks, massages, breakfast in bed, car washes, things like that and they will all have expiration dates like good for 1 year only. The last one will be an I.O.U. for an engagement ring good for "The rest of our lives".

What do you guys think?

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
So after you give her the coupon book (and you may have to encourage her to read all the way to the back) you're going to get on your knee and pull out the ring box and so forth right? Where will this take place? Will you be alone or with family?

joker98

Rough_Rock
We are going to be alone at my house on Christmas morning. She doesn't expect this to happen for another 6 months so it should come as a complete shock to her. She will probably think that I am joking or something but I plan on pulling out the ring and getting down on one knee. I don't think I am going to be able to present it in the box because the bulge in my pocket would probably give it away. I was also thinking about the fact that she might not read it all the way through so I somehow have to find a way to get her to do that.

engageme

Rough_Rock
How about this?

1. Purchase 3 small boxes about 11”w x 4”d x 1”h from a $1 store.
2. Print out 3 Certificates from MS Word or Publisher saying,
A. “Best Girlfriend Award”
B. “IOU Weekend Getaway Vacation”
C. “IOU Dinner at ……..”
D. Then your idea, “Rest of our Lives Award”
3. Then put the first 2 in boxes and wrap them in Green.
4. Put the “Rest of our Lives Award” in the box and wrap in Red. Make sure you use Red and Green paper for the rest of the presents so she doesn’t get suspicious. And we are using Red and Green because they are Christmas Colors so it will not give away the surprise.
5. As you give them to her ask her to make sure she reads them out loud to you.
6. When you give her the one saying “Rest of our Lives Award” reach into your pocket, remove just the ring holding it between your thumb and index finger, get on one knee and when she looks at you to ask “What does this mean?” ask her to marry you.

Or what about this one:

For step 2 make the D 2 Flute Glasses, a bottle of Champagne and your “Rest of our Lives Award”. Wrap them together and put in the refrigerator. Tell her the last present is in the refrigerator and go get it. Bring it to her as she will be questioning what could you possibly have purchased for me that needs to be refrigerated? When she opens it up, sees the bottle and flutes and then reads the award, get on your knee and ask her to marry you. Then after she say’s yes, you have a bottle of Champagne and two glasses to drink it out of. And you also have something to display in your home after you get married. What better way to remember the day 10 years from now then to look up on the mantel and see 2 glasses from 10 years ago. Plus it would also give you something to drink Champagne out of for all your anniversaries.

What do you think?????
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results