carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Charbie! Congratulations! DH sure did make up for his crappy a$$ gifts by giving you the bestest present ever!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

CHARBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYY!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Best New Year Ever! Congratulations! :love:

LC- Haha yeah co-workers. It's crazy because I keep over hearing people from work talk about birthing stories and funny things about their kids it's nuts! It's funny because I'm fairly new at my job and people at work are strictly co-workers only really but this one lady is so pro family and her intentions are good but sometimes I feel like she's giving me a lot of pressure to start with the kids. She does it to everyone though like she semi jokes to single people about getting married and married folks about having kids. :rodent:

Blenheim- OMG I was in grad school too. I was on my way getting my PhD but I decided to leave with my Masters (best decision ever) and now I have the baby fever lol!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

So I take it others can see the second line. Pheeeeew.

thank you moxie, katy, lizzy, blen, nel, skippy, mrs, fabcrab, and pupp!

Yes, pupp, this does make up for the horrible Christmas...and now I get my camera, too! Im really touched by the socks he got me too :love: ill take the socks over the footie pajamas.
NEL: im touched you're grinning :)

My TTC wondfo friends: I've peed on a wondfo too, (didn't dip...just put it in the stream) and there is a second (faint...but visible) line on there as well. Will pee on more tomorrow. :rodent:
We are headed to see my mom tomorrow, so we might just tell the fam then....eeee!
Im also just relieved that my symptoms weren't all psychosomatic. Not that I had many, but last night the bb's looked more veiny, I've been slightly nauseous, and a heavy feeling in my belly.
And you ladies should feel special...since I can't share with my friends/family yet, you are the privileged ones who know :tongue:

Edit: I can't spell.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

Charbie: YEEESSSSS!!!! So happy for you. Sadly we have to kick you out of the TTC 6 mos. + thread, but for a very GOOD reason! Loads of sticky dust to you!!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Charbie!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy for you!
What a great way to end a year and start a new year!
Tons of sticky dust to you LO.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: CHARBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome way to end the year and start a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

I've not been around for ages but what a good time to pop my head round the door.

WooHoo, Congratulations Charbie and Inhisarms!!!!!

So thrilled for both of you and to echo dear Bella's sentiments, yes, what a wonderful end to a year and an even better start to the next.

Sending you both truckloads of sticky bean dust and wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months.

Po
x

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock

Po - hello. hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family and your cute nieces. thank you for your message to me on the other thread.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

thank you po, lili, onedrop, and bella!
Onedrop: its crazy to think of this journey starting in march and where I am right now. I just want to hold on tight to every memory this time and hope I get to enjoy the ride a little (like, 34 weeks) longer.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

OMG CHARBIE!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats on such good news!!!! I'm so happy and sending BIG LOADS OF STICKY DUST to you!!! DUST DUST DUST DUST!!!!! Happiest of happy new years!!!!

~LC

MrsHope

Rough_Rock

Oh Charbie!!!!! I am just so excited for you and your DH. I know how much you wanted this and I am just THRILLED for you!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Yayayayayay! I totally see a second line.

I am stuck working today and this made it all worth logging in and seeing this great news!!! :love: SO HAPPY FOR YOU :appl:

We do feel very special that you have let the PS ladies in on your special secret! Amazing :appl: :appl: I wish the stickiest of sticky dust to you and your little bean!

PS - also good job on your DH getting you socks that you love. Sometimes these guys DO get it right!!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Charbie!!! I'm so happy for you :appl: :appl: :appl: . What a way to start 2011. Sticky dust for the little bean. Wish you the best and I would love to see a picture of the tiny socks :lol:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness, many congrats to you, Charbie!!!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you and sending tons and tons of New Years sticky dust!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

lc, gaby, mrshope, and ltp: much appreciation for the well wishes and sticky dust!
mrs- glad I made a day at work a bit better!

DH decided to tell his mom over the phone, which was kinda nice bc I felt so awkward last time. He was going to make her wait and said, "mom, there's something really important that I have to tell you when we get back Sunday." But told her anyways. I talked to her as well and she said she had spies out on Christmas watching to see if I drank anything and she said everyone was speculating when we would announce....haha. AND she said she bought some baby clothes already that she wanted to give me! My little booger has a whole OSU outfit waitint for it to pop out.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I just poked my head in here and what a wonderful surprise!
Congratulations Charbie!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

We'll be waiting for you in the preggo thread when you are ready to join us :wavey:

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Hey guys!!!!

Sorry for the drive by post! I am hoping to vent a little bit and maybe you can give me some words of encouragement. I am going to be very honest with this post. One of my dear friends just announced she is pregnant today and while I am happy for them (deep down) I can't help feel very bitter, jealous, and envious especially since I have a disadvantage in the TTC department. It was also a shock because I was not expecting them to start TTCing for another couple of months. I don't feel hatred towards my friend or any other pregnant woman I see, it's more of a reflection of my frustration in this journey and the fact that I want something so spectacular that I don't have (yet). A part of me also feels guilty that I am not HAPPIER than I am and that I actually spent awhile crying because of this. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic when I hear BFPs here on the TTC threads but somehow it's just a little more different when you know someone in real life. Please don't judge too much :blackeye:.

On a slightly different topic, I am pretty sure we completely missed our fertility window this month because DH drank too much peppermint schnaps around xmas time :rolleyes: lol and the extra stress around the holidays! The problem is DH is going to be away for business Jan 16 and will be back Jan 21 (Potential CD14). If you were me, would you take Femara for the upcoming cycle or is it too much of a risk given that he won't be back until CD14? Just as a reminder I possibly O'ed between CD18 and CD19 so it is on the later side. I still have 2 more months stashed with me. Obviously AF hasn;t showed up yet so I am hoping she is later so Jan 21 is earlier in the cycle. What do you think?

Thanks for letting me vent. I really didn't intend to be a negative Nancy. Hope everyone has a great New Year!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Fab: im probably the last one you want to hear from, but just over two months ago, DHs friend and his wife announced they were expecting and it was all I could do to not burst into tears right then and there. They had said they were waiting until next May....had an ooopsie. I remember I turned bright red, felt all hot, and just struggled to get through the the rest of the evening.
im embarrassed to admit I still havent not been able to visit with them since finding out. I felt like since they weren't really trying but I was, it was so not fair. And DHs friend said, "this kid is going to ruin my golf season." As a joke, but I wanted to hit him soooooo hard.

I don't have advice on the Femera, but I think you need to follow your gut and remember to TTC on your timeline, don't let others change it for you.

ETA: I bawled my eyes out when I made it to the car. Poor DH!

ETA 2: thanks, RT!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Fab, Hugs, friend, about feeling envious. It's a natural reaction especially since you WANT this so badly. Don't feel guilty about it, it's human. And yes, deep down you're happy for them, but like I said this is a knee-jerk reaction. YOu're still a good friend, and a good person.

Charbie, I can't believe that guy said that, even in jest, but *still*. Grumble!

~LC

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Fab, it is a completely normal reaction. I remember after my second miscarriage, two of my friends found out they were pregnant and got that way after the first try. It's not that you are upset that they are pregnant, you are upset that you are not.

And Charbie, I also had a friend that had an oopsie and do you know that when they went for their u/s to find out the sex, she literally was distraught that she was having a boy. She wanted a girl and was all ticked off about it. I was so mad at her. I think that when you have bumps in the road of TTC you appreciate things more, and don't take anything for granted. Like for example, I could have cared less if I had a boy or a girl, I truly only wanted a healthy baby. And that is how I feel for the second baby too.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much for making my lemons into (spiked) lemonades. You girls seriously made me feel a whole lot better! I love PS! It's amazing that our love of diamonds/jewelry has brought us all together hehe. ::)

Charbie- Congrats again on the BFP!!! Of course I would like hearing from you! The more I think about this, I think the more I'm making sense of it all. In real life, it seems like all the pregnancy announcements are made so suddenly. Like we hardly ever hear about each other's struggles. The whole TTC, infertility, and m/c thing is kind of a taboo subject better left in the closet but here we even know each other's cycle days :wacko:. Sorry but the golf season comment totally would've irked me too!

See, the way I found out was through my husband and he sent me a "don't freak out but..." text while I was getting my hair done! I swear I did not expect such a violent reaction from it but tears just started running through my face and I had to tell my stylist this whole thing about how the chemicals from the highlights are bothering my eyes because I had this allergic reaction with my contacts. URGH not fun but I think it's kind of funny now that I look back. I balled my eyes out too when I made it to my car. Yes, we are TTC'ing at our own time. I also actually feel lucky because of the lack of pressure from the family so they won't suspect a thing when our time comes. See with this couple, the father-to-be is quite petrified at the thought of kids and I think his family really turned on the pressure (so much as they suggest they see an RE) so we are lucky to be taking this journey at our pace and no one else's. They really are an amazing couple and their family could really need a ray of sunshine considering due to some family issues.

LC- You are way too sweet!!! I guess I just need to see the bright side of things even if it's a BFN, like I'll have another month of skiing. It's quite a season this year btw.

Lizzy- I'm so sorry to hear about your past m/c. You're a really really strong woman to keep continuing with the process and having to endure the everyday preggo/baby craziness. You are absolutely right, I am not mad they are pregnant I am mad that I'm not. A part of me is also upset because we were both in the same page when we were ready to start a family while our DH's are dragging their feet. It just feels like I got left behind that's all but it's not a race! That is so true about not taking anything for granted--I will truly be ecstatic regardless of the sex of the baby. TTC is literally the hardest thing I had to endure...wow!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

CHARBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I'm late to the thread but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lots of sticky dust!!!!!!! May angels watch over you and your little one throughout your beautiful pregnancy! I am so happy for you!!!!! You bring so much joy and support to the boards and gosh, I am thrilled to hear your good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Congrats, beautiful mama!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Fabcrab, how you feel is totally normal and actually healthy because you're acknowledging your emotions! I know TTC is a very tough emotional journey. Your grace and sense of humor will serve you well! It is really hard to hear about pregnancies and especially to see wives of friends with growing bellies. I don't know what it is, but it does make one feel bereft. I don't doubt that every woman TTC has felt the "Why not me?" feelings and tasted bitter tears along the way when things didn't turn out as planned. It's just hard, isn't it? I think the best thing to do is to continue to be honest with yourself and let these feelings come to the surface naturally without fighting them.

I turned a corner one day out of the blue after my mc. After feeling the gamut of emotions one day I just started to love seeing pregnant women. It just made me feel hopeful and excited about trying again. I had a work colleague blossoming through her pregnancy and it brought me so much happiness to bring her treats and praise her progress. I don't know. It was almost like I was making a sacred offering to the universe to all fertile women and babies. And it made me happy. That's when I knew I was ready to TTC again. But until that happened, I was an emotional wreck! Just seeing a pregnant acquaintance would have me waking up the next morning sobbing so hard there wouldn't even be a sound coming out of my body. I think sometimes we don't realize how deep these feelings can go and how big the ache can be when one longs so much to be a mother. But I just wanted to encourage you and tell you that your day will come! And you are not alone!!! Hugs.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Fab - I know that this has already been said, but those feelings are totally normal. I have felt a bit that way with pregnancy announcements from acquaintances for a while now, as we were wanting to start trying for #2 when George was about 9 months old (about a year ago) but circumstances just didn't allow. And I agree that it is totally different here when someone becomes pregnant, partially because we know how much we all want it and the struggles that some of us have gone through. The funny thing is that I know that a lot of people go through all of this and we just don't talk about it to each other, and so it just seems like BAM - pregnant! when really it wasn't at all. I just try to remind myself of that. It can be really hard though.

The Femara - what would the disadvantages of taking it be? You said that the side effects weren't bad, right? Does it cost quite a bit? Is there a limited number of times you can take it before they want for you to explore other options? If there are no big disadvantages, I would just go for it, thinking that you may ovulate "late" again.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Charbie haha... "Oh I am so out, I know it, I just don't *feel* pregnant! boo hoo!" two days later "Hey look at my BFP!" That is always the way it goes. Congrats and enjoy!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Bliss- Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I'm really sorry to hear about your m/c as well. I'm really excited for my day to come too! I really hope it's sooner rather than later. Your optimism is just so contagious. Maybe I should also bear gifts to all fertile women and babies haha! There was a coworker that told me his wife is pregnant and again I was not ecstatic at first but I actually talked to him the other day and asked about the pregnancy and felt great after our conversation. It seems like everything just runs smoothly when I keep my bitterness under control.

Blenheim- Thanks for the super kind words. It is really interesting to hear that the same similar emotions can come out with TTC #2. My naive side always assumed that once you have your first child it becomes easier to accept future TTC struggles. I guess it makes sense to feel the same since the desire for a child regardless of having one already is the same. As far as the Femara, I actually got a free 3 month supply from a promotion so it didn't cost me anything. I think it's more expensive than clomid but I am hoping my insurance will cover it since it is a breast cancer drug if we need some extra pills. The dr said that the pill leaves your system really quickly but they still want to explore more aggressive options after 4 months of using it. I'm really crossing my fingers for very late AF, obviously I don't want her here right now because that will mean severe Luteal Phase problems.

The rest of the TTC experts- My post O temperatures seem to be on the low end of the scale from 96.7-97.2 and my post O temps are around 97.7. I got tested for thyroid problems and bloodwork came normal. Do you think I should be concerned? Sorry I can over analyze things sometimes!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

DD - I suppose I should mention that I may be 8 dpo and feel not at all pregnant. Haha. It's early though.

Fab- Ok. Rereading what you wrote earlier, I would personally go ahead and take it. He is leaving town 5 days before CD14. Sperm can live up to 5 days. Yes, you only have an outside chance if you DTD the day before he leaves and then O on the last day he's gone, but if you O a couple of days before or after CD14, you're pretty well set. I know that CD14 is "normal" (whatever that means) but there's a good enough chance of hitting one of those other days that I'd go for it and just make sure that you DTD right before he leaves and then right when he gets back, if you're showing any fertile signs at those points.
Low temperatures. I have them, too, and asked about them way long ago. I think that TCOYF makes it seem like it's low thyroid and a potential problem, but it seems to be completely normal. Lots of women here have asked the same thing, and I don't think any of them have had issues because of it.
As for TTC emotions the second time around, I would say that it's both better and worse. Better because I KNOW that I can get pregnant and carry to term, and I think most childless people who want children have that what-if in the back of their minds. (I know I did.) Worse because I think that many people get an idea in their head of what kind of child spacing they want, and at this point what we initially wanted to go for is not going to happen and every month more we go is a month further that they are apart. But, I'd say that all-in-all, I'm more even keeled this go around. Parenting has a way of telling you that everything is less in your control than you would hope and so I am getting used to it. 8)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Blenheim|1293850453|2811441 said:
Low temperatures. I have them, too, and asked about them way long ago. I think that TCOYF makes it seem like it's low thyroid and a potential problem, but it seems to be completely normal. Lots of women here have asked the same thing, and I don't think any of them have had issues because of it.

This is my thought too. I think it is never good to pay too much attention to your actual temps -- dips, increases, the absolute value -- because it is like reading tea leaves. In the end I personally think charting is good for one thing, identifying a window of 3-5 days when you are fertile (from CF) and getting an estimate within 2-3 days of when you ovulated (based on the temp shift). Yup, those are both pretty wide windows, even the estimated ovulation is a window, so always be sure not to "time things" too precisely because temping is not a science, but a fine art with lots of room for error ;))

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Charbie!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations, I'm sending all the sticky dust I've got your way!! :bigsmile: I'm thinking I don't really need it anymore....I'm in my 37th week now, so I'd be alright with my daughter un-sticking herself anytime now, hehehe! Your DH is too cute with the little socks - totally makes up for Xmas, no?? :bigsmile:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

Charbie- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to start the New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Hou- Wishing you a very easy labor and a healthy baby! So exciting!!!

Blen- Thanks for the advice and good to know you have similar temps! I think I'm going to femara for sure the next cycle and it's givng me so much to look forward too! I really never expected this whole TTC process to be so emotionally draining to a point where I become pretty obsessed.

Lizzy- So your friend wanting a girl totally reminds me of the movie Riding in Cars with Boys with Drew Barrymore...that movie is pretty depressing but has some funny parts.

DD- Thanks for letting me know that the pattern is more important than the absolute number. I mean the thermometer could just be reading low all the time for all i know. Honestly, the whole fertile CM still confuses me. Like everytime I check I never really know what's going on ahh so I guess I'll stick with OPKs! I don't remember TCOYF mentioning the whole 2-3 day window regardng temp shifts. Man, I guess when it's meant to happen then it will.

Hope everyone had a great New Year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results