shape
carat
color
clarity

Unusual Setting Method

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Just when you thought you'd seen everything regarding settings, here's a bit of a spin.
Using one claw and a channeling the opposite edge of the diamond into the inside of the curve. The client is deciding whether or not she should have pave'. What do you think?

LynoraS.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I think that pave would take away from it, unless it was a pave band next to the plainer side of the ring. It's a very unique, simple design, and anything more IMO would ruin it. It's very beautiful!

thethein11

Rough_Rock
I believe pave would take away from the sleekness / flow of the design it is unique enough already

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
also think the pave would be a distraction from the design.....but much would depend on the purpose of the ring: e-ring? no pave. right hand ring, well, maybe.

MoZo

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, maybe I'm dense, but I don't see how you wear that. It's not finger-shaped. Pave or not, it's unique.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning in its simplicity - so sleek and clean - the lines and curves are perfectly balanced for a beautiful flow. I would vote no on the pave regardless of its purpose. The proportions are lovely - could you provide the diamond specs, the shank width, and the ring size?

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gone now, but it was about 4 mm wide at its widest point. The diamond is little over one carat, VS2-F, and belonged to the client. She wasn't crazy about the design on paper at first, but eventaully, with a leap of faith, she agreed to let us make it.
When she put it on yesterday, it became her. Loved it. And, right, we'll probably go on without any pave'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results