shape
carat
color
clarity

Which gift are you especially excited about giving?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the past two years, I've given my secretary home-knit hand warmers. She loves them and uses them all winter long.

I can't wait until she opens this year's gift -- a pair of hand warmers made of a lovely autumn-hued variegated wool, and a matching scarf! In fact, I'm almost as excited about giving them to her as I am about (finally) finishing them!

How about you?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I'm excited about my mother's gift. I got her a blanket made with pictures of all 5 of her grandchildren. She's the type of grandmother that loves to have as many pics of her babies as possible...so a blanket with lots of family pics will just make her beam with excitement. I already showed my dad and he said she's going to flip!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Mine is not nearly as sweet and sentimental, but I am really excited to give DH his pressure cooker. He mentioned it months ago and I was beginning to think that I was wrong in getting it, but yesterday we were out and he saw one and walked right up to it to look and play with it. I am so excited.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This year my family decided to exchange hand-made gifts and I'm really excited about it. Most of us are not crafty at all, so the thought of us making a gift was sort of hilarious, but we're all sort of proud of what we put together and now I can't wait to see everybody's gift!

I gave two of the 3 out already, but I made quick shutterfly photobooks (from our wedding pictures) for the fam. They are 40 pages long and it took me a few hours to put together, but everyone really likes them.... and even a caveman could do it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think I am most excited about my mom's gift. I got her a wood cased poker set. She doesn't have a set of her own, but she loves to play. She plays online a lot. It has 300 chips, cards and dice.

I think second for me is the grill set I got SO.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I made a photo calendar for DH. I made one a few years ago of our dog, and he loved it. He hung it up at work, and he'd email me the 1st of every month to tell me what pictures were on the calendar for that month. So this time I made him a collage of everything we've done in 2010 for each month. Any months we didn't do anything or I didn't have pictures I just filled it up with pictures of the dog. :) I think he'll like it.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I knitted a few scarves for gifts this year, from gorgeous silk and angora yarn I picked up on a recent trip to New York. The colours are wonderful rich jewel colours and the scarves turned out pretty well, so I'm excited to give them. I made one for my best friend, one for my father, one for my mother, one for my daughter and one for Maisie (although that's not quite finished yet and will be a New Year gift now, I'm afraid).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I am extremely excited to give DH a bottle of Glenmorangie Sonnalta PX from their private collection, he mentioned it ages ago and I'm sure he thinks I completely forgot about it. He's going to be so excited!! I get so much satisfaction giving gifts!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I got my SIL this yarn bowl: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/39253728 She can put her yarn ball in it and hopefully it'll keep the kitties from attacking it.

I'm really excited and nervous about giving it because it wasn't something she asked for and I'm not sure she'll like it. Usually I stick to people's gift lists because I never know what to get, so it's a little scary to get something she didn't ask for. SIL is fantastic at picking out gifts and never goes by our lists and gets the best things for everyone, so I wanted to get her something I picked out myself.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elrohwen|1292872288|2801903 said:
I got my SIL this yarn bowl: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/39253728 She can put her yarn ball in it and hopefully it'll keep the kitties from attacking it.

I've never seen a "yarn bowl" before - what a wonderful idea! I'm sure your SIL will love it! (It's now on my wish list too... :wink2: )

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1292877379|2801979 said:
Elrohwen|1292872288|2801903 said:

I've never seen a "yarn bowl" before - what a wonderful idea! I'm sure your SIL will love it! (It's now on my wish list too... :wink2: )

Thanks! Some PS friends actually recommended it as I'd never heard of it either! I know she knits a lot and has three kitties, so I think she'll like it and get a lot of use out of it. She also likes quirky handmade things, so I think that part of it will appeal to her too.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my boys a matching set of Ray Ban's , they are both sunglass fanatics and they have always had cheap ones...I took the plunge this year, my boys are 25 and 13 so it should be interesting to see there reactions :wink2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son wanted to get his girlfriend a locket for Christmas. I sat and helped him find one, and I found this one on Etsy. It
was the only one available. I loved it, he did not. So I ordered it for myself. Well, today they both came in, and his was less
than what he hoped for. This one was AWESOME!!! I love it. It has little seed pearls next to the lobster claw clap. His wouldn't
close once he opened it. I love love love this piece, but I told him he could have it to give to his girlfriend. It came packaged
so adorably. This lady closed her shop until after the holiday, but I am going to see if she has different ones.

I am so excited for my son to give this to his girlfriend. I hope she loves it as much as I do. I think it is unique and wonderful.

il_75x75.188723219.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Our eldest daughter loves to bake and this is her first year in her own place so we got her own kitchenaid mixer. I think she will love it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I made my hubby a photo album of all of the pictures of our cat Dude, and I had our friends write little things about him in it. I'm really excited for him to see that because I think it'll mean a ton to him. I'm also kinda excited for him to open the new Michael Jackson Wii dance game, cuz it's sorta a gift for both of us.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
My son THINKS he is getting a picture for his living room wall. In reality - it's a 46" screen tv. I can't WAIT til he opens it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of the kids' things actually..Trapper in particular I think will like his Triceratops pillowpet. London I think will especially like the soft fleece jacket and hat that are very similar to mine that she is always begging me to try on, and she's also getting a bunch of hair clips from Etsy-one of which has high heel shoes on it, so I'm sure she'll want to wear that every day.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
vbnet|1292890295|2802208 said:
My son THINKS he is getting a picture for his living room wall. In reality - it's a 46" screen tv. I can't WAIT til he opens it!

oh...that's going to be a FLIP CAM moment!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
atroop711|1292893511|2802260 said:
vbnet|1292890295|2802208 said:

oh...that's going to be a FLIP CAM moment!!

I was just going to say the same thing!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband has been dying for the Cuisinart K-Cup coffee/tea/cocoa/iced tea maker. I'm excited to give it to him, because I'll get to use it too :)

Seriously, though, I hope this doesn't sound too 7th grade, but I made my 3 best friends, my mom & my MIL bracelets out of banded onyx & black freshwater pearls with rose gold clasps (I still love making bead jewelry). I think they came out pretty nice, so I hope that they like them!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Such wonderful gifts everyone is giving!

My favorite thing to do is to give people gifts, especially hand created gifts, and especially to those who really appreciate them. I love the feeling of it.

I'm most excited to give my brother a landscape I painted for him, my MIL a recreation of her favorite painting "Starry Night" which I altered a bit and included their house (it's sort of a joke, but came out pretty well...). I'm also excited to give my DH his mountain bike parts that he has NO IDEA that I got him, he'll be so excited. And, I'm also excited to give my wonderful father his new snowblower, because he deserves such a great gift.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm giving both of my 2 best girlfriends, a lovely gossamer weight cashmere wrap. I just received them today, and by gum, I now want one myself. They are lovely.

But the best gift this year is the Chateau Laguiole yew-handled corkscrew I got for my husband, who has been wanting one for several years now. Gorgeous thing.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I have a cowrker I work very closely with, and everytime we go out, she orders hot tea. So today I went to Teavana and bought her a nice glass tea tumbler/strainer and peach tea blooms (the kind that turn into flowers). Im sure she isn't expecting it, but I just think she will really enjyoy it. I spent a bit more than I hoped, but its worth it since she does so much for me and is my right hand woman!

She got me the glee christmas CD and I haven't taken it out of my car...can't stop listening!

Im also looking forward to giving DH his vibram five fingers running shoes. They are minimalist shoes that look like gloves for your feet. They were the hardest suckers to find, and I informed him that unfortunately he would not be getting them since they are sold out all over the place in the color/size/style he wants. In reality, I got the very last pair in my city tonight, and drove 40 minutes out of my way to buy them tonight! Yay!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread! Such great ideas!

I love NEL's home made Christmas! I'd love to do something like that, but I doubt my family would be into it, lol.

I also love the calendar idea. If I still remember that on our 12th anni/5th wedding anni, I'll do a calendar with one picture for every year we were together... or maybe a collage or each year. That sounds fun, I kind of want to start now! :cheeky:

I'm most excited about... The basketball hoop I got for my niece. She's 18 months, but it talks, and counts and I think she will love it. Plus, her mom played basketball, so it's meaningful to her too, which makes me happy. I also got my BIL & SIL a picnic basket backpack. They've had a rocky year, and I sent them a family gift because I really want them to remain one. ::)

I WAS really excited about the hockey jersey's I got for DH from our alma mater, but I ordered mediums whice apparently are HUGE, and when I ordered a small, they were sold out. I emailed the company weeks ago about returns/exchanges, and they responded today saying that it was a dummy email address they never check. :rolleyes: These jerseys are really rare. They sell them maybe twice a year, so I think we are stuck with the grande jerseys. I'm happy that I was able to get them, but still a little disappointed in the execution.

DH and I ordered wedding prints on canvas for our families, and my aunt. I'm excited about those generally, but more for my aunt because I know she will be really surprised and pleased! I don't think I've even spoken to her since the wedding. She's kind of nutty, but I know it will mean a lot to her. She never had kids, and we are the closest thing for her.

WOW that was long!

EDIT: AND I was going to get my sister some Vibram FiveFingers... wonder if they are sold out locally!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i took 16 red holiday gift bags and wrapped five presents to put into each: hand puppet [really cute from costco], crayons, coloring book, beach play set, and playing cards like old maid]. took hours even with hubby helping to cut the paper to size. stuffed said bags with some extra red glittery tissue paper. i delivered them today to a child care center associated with a local womens' center that assists with domestic violence where they will be given to age appropriate [3+ years] children. i left the gift tags blank so that the mothers can write a personal note to their child and have a gift from them to their child. this is absolutely hands down the best gift i've ever given to myself.

MoZo

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ: :appl: :appl: :appl:

What a wonderful gift!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
My SO is on a business trip and he's coming to visit for Christmas. I have to pick him up at the airport on Christmas Eve. I'm going to give him a lei. It's what we do here and I always think if anyone makes the effort to travel to Hawaii (even between islands) they deserve to be greeted with a lei. When I fist got to Hawaii, my SO met me at the airport without one and it kind of hurt my feelings. He got me one after I said that, of course, and apologized, and never forgot again to do it. He and I were going through a rough time then and we got through it. Anyway, that was really the only present I could get him, because when I thought about getting him something I had in mind, it was too late to have it delivered by Christmas, between my bank and paypal and UPS, it just wasn't going to work out. And when he gets here, I'm going to wait for the right moment and tell him that I want to buy my Cartier ring now. Wow, I hope that goes over well! SO, um, I didn't get you anything other than a lei, but, BTW, I want my Cartier ring and let's buy it in January. Yes, I'm hoping he'll be understanding. :o

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mum had an chunky diamond cluster for engagement ring which were all the rage in the 70's, but she has not worn it a single day since having us kids, she no longer likes the style. We had it reset into a straight band, with the biggest one bezel set in the middle a few years back for her 50th. While she loves it, she has longed for a classic, plain 6 prong solitaire for years, and always admires them when we pass by a jeweller's window. She would NEVER fork out that kind of dosh for herself, nor ever ask any of us to. So, naturally, we did :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Her empty ering setting sat in her jewellery box for years, and she has often talked about having something made form the gold (it's very heavy). Her tastes have since gone to fine, delicate rings, and she now wears a plain 2mm wedding band in place of her original 6mm one.

Anyway, long convoluted story short, dad and I took her empty setting, scrapped the gold and had the fabulous DanielM set a beautiful .65ct OEC I picked up on eBay for a song, in a setting I know she'll adore. We ended up getting a much larger diamond than the original budget would have allowed for, plus I love that the ring is custom made for her with a vintage stone that has a history - which she would love. I had an appraisal certificate done, I was astounded at the amount it appraised for... many times what the project cost all up! I think she's going to kill me :rodent:

Dad has wrapped the appraisal certificate and put it under the tree for her to unwrap on Christmas Day, and he plans to tie the ring to the Christmas tree so she can then go on a little bling hunt. I can't wait! :appl: :appl:

OECResets 001.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results