shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Kenny, I found you an affordable red diamond!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I have seen this before.... I think it's kind of a creepy idea. I understand why someone might do it, but creepy none the less.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dude that's creepy. Just think...that diamond purchased on eBay could be someones remains.....

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I would totally do that if I thought it was legit, but according to some old threads I ran across a while ago, all those cremation diamond companies are actually a scam. Something about the carbon burning instead of being incorporated into a diamond because the temperatures are too high. You can probably find the threads (and the actual information instead of my inaccurate recollection) if you're interested in looking; I just remember the takeaway point being that there's nothing left of the body in the stone.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Liane|1292345593|2796572 said:
I would totally do that if I thought it was legit, but according to some old threads I ran across a while ago, all those cremation diamond companies are actually a scam. Something about the carbon burning instead of being incorporated into a diamond because the temperatures are too high. You can probably find the threads (and the actual information instead of my inaccurate recollection) if you're interested in looking; I just remember the takeaway point being that there's nothing left of the body in the stone.

Ditto this - I actually rather like the concept, but as the reality is a scam, alas, when I die, I will have to settle for convincing some family member to line my skull in gold, set the sockets with rubies, and perch me on a shelf with a good vantage point.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1292348171|2796617 said:
Liane|1292345593|2796572 said:

Ditto this - I actually rather like the concept, but as the reality is a scam, alas, when I die, I will have to settle for convincing some family member to line my skull in gold, set the sockets with rubies, and perch me on a shelf with a good vantage point.

AWESOME! :tongue:

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Circe~ Something like this? :D It has over 17,000 round brilliants and resides in the Diamond Museum in Amsterdam. It's AMAZING, if not exceedingly strange.

Amsterdam diamond skull.jpg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Should they not also be putting a lightbulb in your skull too? Then you could be useful and creepy? Great idea, and make them drink a toast to you every third Wednesday in the month. Actually, I think I'm going to steal the idea.....

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I bet they don't even use the real dead person/ animal. I don't trust them at all.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I seem to remember there was one thread in particular on Lifegem that pretty much definitively proved they were lying liars. Which is just doubly icky when you think about how they are taking advantage of grieving people. Ugh.

In terms of awesomely creepy stuff to do with one's remains. One of my co-workers loves vintage costume jewelry, which her daughter slavers over. So she has declared she wants to have all her antique costume jewelry glued to her cremation urn, mostly to irritate her daughter. So for her birthday we made her a rhinestone encrusted urn. Because we're all disturbing like that. She totally loved it, which was even funnier.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
my mom said she will be leaving money for her body to be cremated and for us to wear her around all the time. yup, i'm kinda creeped.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results