shape
carat
color
clarity

BIG :(

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
:( just when i thought my 4 year wait was coming to an end this christmas/new year the BF drops bomshell. We will not be getting engaged until the end of footy season (october) 2011.

October 2011. I am seriously going to go insane by then. I am in tears of frustration while typing this.

His reasoning is that he will have lots more $$ saved up by then and he wants everything to be super special. He has an ok paying job, but he also studies and by october 2011 he will only have 7 months of his degree to go. He doesnt understand that i dont care about fancy proposals, huge rocks or anything like that, id rather him put the $$ he's going to spend in our house savings account.

Looks like i will be around here for a while yet... and i am going to need all the support i can get. since we are not living together until we are married... looks like ill be at home for another 2+ years with mum and dad.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire: somebody help me see the positives in this! Please !!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Well, for one positive, at least you KNOW there will be a proposal.. instead of some ambiguous timeline and that he wants to be closer to a degree and therefore closer to a better paying job to provide for you (in my opinion). Just relax, he will be your DH much longer than he will be your boyfriend.. enjoy the time you have with him .

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Awwww. I'm sorry that you have to wait so much longer. Maybe he'd be willing to get engaged now with a small ring (maybe a plain band), but wait until after October 2011 to get married with a big ring. Do you think that could work?

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
It's true, try to look on the bright side! You now have a timeline, which is more than some of us can say! Being on this forum can make us all a little too anxious sometimes.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
vanilla87|1290144689|2772580 said:
:( just when i thought my 4 year wait was coming to an end this christmas/new year the BF drops bomshell. We will not be getting engaged until the end of footy season (october) 2011.

October 2011. I am seriously going to go insane by then. I am in tears of frustration while typing this.

His reasoning is that he will have lots more $$ saved up by then and he wants everything to be super special. He has an ok paying job, but he also studies and by october 2011 he will only have 7 months of his degree to go. He doesnt understand that i dont care about fancy proposals, huge rocks or anything like that, id rather him put the $$ he's going to spend in our house savings account.

Looks like i will be around here for a while yet... and i am going to need all the support i can get. since we are not living together until we are married... looks like ill be at home for another 2+ years with mum and dad.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire: somebody help me see the positives in this! Please !!

Oh Vanilla, it is soo hard isn't it. Does your boyfriend play football professionally? Would he be wanting to plan a fantastic proposal over the offseason and couldn't get it together for 2010 offseason?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
It will go faster than you think! 8)

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Yes he plays professional footy. He was injured for halfof this year and he said had he not have been injuredit wouldve happened already. I know it will be next year, and I know it will go faster than I think but I'm just so frustrated. I have a wonderful, caring, loving guy who I know wants to marry me but the timing has been wrong this year.

I look forward to the company and support of you lovely ladies over the next year :)

thanks for your kind words xx

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible he's just trying to throw you off? :naughty:

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Vanilla, I'm SO sorry to hear this news. I know it's got to be so frustrating but as the other ladies have said, the UPSIDE is at least you have SOME idea of a time line, maybe not an ideal time line for you but it's more definitive than the complete unknown. Hang in there!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
vanilla87|1290263121|2773919 said:
Yes he plays professional footy. He was injured for halfof this year and he said had he not have been injuredit wouldve happened already. I know it will be next year, and I know it will go faster than I think but I'm just so frustrated. I have a wonderful, caring, loving guy who I know wants to marry me but the timing has been wrong this year.

I look forward to the company and support of you lovely ladies over the next year :)

thanks for your kind words xx

Hey vanilla,
I know exactly the situation you are in, I was in the same one. My man also plays professional footy. What code?

Keep positive and lets keep supporting each other.

heyme

Rough_Rock
You sound like me. My boyfriend & I celebrated our 4 year anniversary in October. We hoped and had talked about planning a wedding for our 5 year anniversary. No ring yet. He wants us to be more financially stable. Looks like I'll be waiting another 20 years! Maybe not quite that long, but still... seems like forever. Especially when my little sister (18 years old with her bf of 1 year) and my cousin (21 years old with her boyfriend of 1 year) are getting married within the next 6 months. Can't help but be totally jealous that they're moving at a faster pace. I try not to think about it and just try to enjoy my time with him, though.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh, I know it must be sad but this year is all but over, and you should be getting engaged next year! Whoot.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
heyme|1290452023|2775641 said:
You sound like me. My boyfriend & I celebrated our 4 year anniversary in October. We hoped and had talked about planning a wedding for our 5 year anniversary. No ring yet. He wants us to be more financially stable. Looks like I'll be waiting another 20 years! Maybe not quite that long, but still... seems like forever. Especially when my little sister (18 years old with her bf of 1 year) and my cousin (21 years old with her boyfriend of 1 year) are getting married within the next 6 months. Can't help but be totally jealous that they're moving at a faster pace. I try not to think about it and just try to enjoy my time with him, though.

it definitely makes it harder when everyone around you is getting engaged- and they are younger or dating shorter! I feel you!

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
I'm still not sure what to make of this.... Bf emailed James Allen about a stone and settinhg which fits in his budget. He rang me up to tell me they had a sale on settings. Not getting hopes up, but perhaps he's reconsidering ? It's all very confusing! I know he wants it to be a complete suprise but this seemed a little left field!!

I guess I will see how things unfold over the next couple of months!! Send some dust my way please.... Lots of dust!!!! :)

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
mif_|1290378479|2774842 said:

thanks for your kind words xx[/quote

Hey vanilla,
I know exactly the situation you are in, I was in the same one. My man also plays professional footy. What code?

Aussie rules footy :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of Dust for ya V87!!!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
vanilla87|1291029142|2781646 said:
mif_|1290378479|2774842 said:

thanks for your kind words xx[/quote

Hey vanilla,

Aussie rules footy :)

Mine too. With the season it makes it so hard for them to propose or do anything special any other time but off season so you kind of know when it might be coming.

Lots of dust. I need some tooo!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results