shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor with the best rose gold?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
By best I mean, the least coppery, and actually a rosy/pink shade.

BGD's looks like a good shade in their glamour pics but it's hard to tell how that translates in real life. If anyone's seen several vendor's rose gold alloys that'd be especially helpful but any input would be great. TIA!

PS- thank you to Andre & ella etc!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have been told that rose gold can be shined (is that the correct terminology?!) in different way to either bring out the different shades of rose gold- ie more peachy, rose, pink or coppery etc. You just need to explain to the vendor what shade you are looking for.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1291078308|2782222 said:
I have been told that rose gold can be shined (is that the correct terminology?!) in different way to either bring out the different shades of rose gold- ie more peachy, rose, pink or coppery etc. You just need to explain to the vendor what shade you are looking for.
Oh interesting! I'd never heard that one before. Thanks!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have an answer to you but I would want it to be more substantial than just how it was shined, personally. But I agree with you - I'm not a huge fan of the more RED rose golds... I would *love* to see a peachy one or apricot or genuinely pink... I've been thinking about having one of the elements on my reset done in rose gold because I want to not look part of the ring and just kind of fade away into my skin tone but if it was really red that wouldn't work... the BGD pins look really red to me but maybe I just haven't seen a real life picture of one that showed it well.

Oh, and where were we discussing it.... let me see if I can find the post - someone found a whole rainbow of shades for me once....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish you could just order standards in other hues... I wish there was a color between white gold and yellow gold or white gold and rose gold or a mix of all 3.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about reinstein/ross for this question too, not just because they are on my block and my dog tried to pee under their window every day, but because I know they alloy their own gold and so have great control over the wide range of tones they use. Hauser & Miller is a good source for a range of colors in gold, but then you still need a goldsmith.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably a good topic for The Gold Thread, actually. I have never heard of a goldsmith being able to make gold redder by the way he "shined" it. I don't even know what that might mean! I think that the color of red (or "rose" or "pink") gold is controlled only by the amount of copper and other metal mixed in with the gold. 24K gold is a known quantity: it is a very brassy, very deep golden yellow. To get variations on that, one mixes other metals with it.

The Gold Thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehrabehra|1291087774|2782366 said:
I found the picture online but not the ps discussion.... here's the pic and the link, for whatever value it may have lol
http://www.reinsteinross.com/sub_page.php?id=23&sid=4&aid=

I was just perusing it and reinsteinross is mentioned on page 16 of The Gold Thread! The Gold Thread is really the best source for information on all things gold although I admit that it can be a bit difficult to search! I have found red gold jewelry in many diverse locations. Italy has never ceased to make beautiful 18K red gold jewelry. It is only recently that red gold has had more of a renaissance in the United States. It is fairly easy to find now. Many stores and vendors have pieces in red gold. One can find it on Etsy. One can find Black Hills gold on the Internet. It is everywhere!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe the gold thread is where i saw it - or maybe it got moved there, I sure couldn't find it in hangout or RT... thought it was on RT though... manana manana ;-)

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be a good idea to ask each vendor that you are interested in what are the percentages of copper and silver in their rose gold alloy. I don't know that they would tell you, but it would be worth asking the question.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Well not know about "best" but I will say that when I had my rose gold trellis 5 stone ring made by BGD , Lesley and I discussed the lighter pink I was looking for and she suggested 14kt gold rather than 18kt. I seem to remember that the 18kt she said wwas more coppery. Hope this helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results