carat
color
clarity

Our new puppy!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1290808440|2779917 said:
Oh, Rhonda is adorable! Congrats on your new family member. Rip looks so sweet and I'm glad that he's being so welcoming to your new fur baby!

thanks tuckins!

Yenny - thankyou bout Rip :appl: - he is the man! He's been so incredible with her, we've just been amazed! he's not one for puppies in general....although he loves dogs. We've been surprised by his interest in her - he follows her around, mouths her, steals her toys and gets her to chase him. it's really been great for all involved. the major issue was how it would affect him, but he's 100% on board, maybe even more than she is!

it's probably weird to be proud of an animal :oops: but i'm really proud of him!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness, what a cute puppy family, you have there! rhonda is soooo adorable--i hope she keeps those baby blues. and rip seems like such a good boy too! glad the transition is going well. and good luck with crating!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu - the crating....not so good! i've crated two dogs before her and they NEVER responded the same way. she HATES it. i mean really hates it, but she's getting better. Rip just took to it like water - stuck him in there and he slept. Rhonda, not so much. i'm not sure if she's lonely, scared, misses Rip, i just don't know. I can stand to let her cry, but my tenderhearted husband is a big softie :love: and hates it.

i asked the vet if i could kennel them together, but he said it wouldn't be smart, and one of them could get hurt :nono: so, we are still working on just her - he doesn't need to be kenneled anymore, but was until at least 4 years old for his own good.

thank you for your kind words about both of them!

p.s. love your pics btw :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sooo adorable! OMG I love her :bigsmile:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on adding Rhonda to your family. I loved seeing your pics of Rip. We have a Blenheim Cavalier and he is the sweetest dog ever. Tell your furkids that Charlie Brown sends them his love :appl:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOOO cute!!!

Oh and I'd love to hear more about Rip sometime. I really like Cavaliers. They're on my list of breeds to consider if we ever end up getting a dog!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Goodness. Rhonda is adorable! She is a little chubster. Nothing cuter than a fat puppy tummy. I am so glad the kids are getting along well. When they dont it really makes you doubt your decision. That pic of your DH sleeping with Rhonda is PRICELESS!!!! It needs framed.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1290820895|2780042 said:
Congrats on adding Rhonda to your family. I loved seeing your pics of Rip. We have a Blenheim Cavalier and he is the sweetest dog ever. Tell your furkids that Charlie Brown sends them his love :appl:

Awww...risingsun! are there pics of charlie brown on here? obviously Rip is a tri color - are they not the best dogs EVER? I've had so many dogs in my life (three german shepherds, two labs, one pomeranian), growing up and being grown, and he is just REALLY the best!. we adore him. My dad, brother, mom, sister agree that he's really "special" in a great way!

In fact, when my new baby dog wouldn't sleep, my brother (who trains dogs) said "now violet, you have to remember, Rip was an EXCEPTIONAL dog. You can't expect that from the new pup."

I have a million more pics of Rip from his five years - he's a beach dog and loves the ocean (go figure). Where can i see pics of Charlie Brown?!?!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
radiantquest|1290822860|2780069 said:
Oh my Goodness. Rhonda is adorable! She is a little chubster. Nothing cuter than a fat puppy tummy. I am so glad the kids are getting along well. When they dont it really makes you doubt your decision. That pic of your DH sleeping with Rhonda is PRICELESS!!!! It needs framed.

Radiant - i was just reading through your 4th kitty thread. there is just SOMETHING about a kitten's face and those gorgeous huge eyes! my DH is allergic, or i'm sure we would have one of those too!

DH was unhappy that i left him there that long sleeping, but i just thought it was soooo cute, and i was snappping away with the pics!

and the big chubby belly is such a huge part of the loving the puppy phase :love: :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
merilenda|1290822831|2780068 said:
SOOOOO cute!!!

Oh and I'd love to hear more about Rip sometime. I really like Cavaliers. They're on my list of breeds to consider if we ever end up getting a dog!

merilenda - what would you like to know?!?! I cannot say enough about the cavalier breed. I will tell you ANYTHING you want to know - i did a TON of research before i found Rip, and it was a LONG road. I finally settled on the Cavalier breed, but had always been a "big dog" person. I met a breeder who i connected with and am still in touch with - she's awesome! To this day (and Rip is 5 now) she checks in with us and i send her photos on many occasions.

My cavalier is not "normal" by any standards...but he's pretty typical cav. He's pretty relaxed at home, but outside, he's a NUT! he will fetch a ball for hours - i have a "chuck it" for this purpose. He loves the beach, loves the ocean, and swims like a golden retriever :confused: he's grown up with MANY retrievers, so he may be confused, but he really thinks he's a big guy.

Cavaliers are typically (and mine is) sweet, snuggly at home, not too vocal, good with kids (mine LOVES kids), and decent for apartment dwelling. There is nothing like a cavalier, and i cannot recommend the breed more highly. DH never had a dog growing up and always said he wanted a "BIG DOG." after having Rip for a little while, he's been trying to convince all his friends to get a Cav.

Reply PLEASE with any questions you have and I'll answer Merilenda!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you amy's bling!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Violet~ I'll have to get some pics of Charlie Brown up for you. I'll try for tomorrow :))

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you amy's bling!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1290824166|2780083 said:
Violet~ I'll have to get some pics of Charlie Brown up for you. I'll try for tomorrow :))

Oh my goodness! please do -- i just love photos of the cavaliers! I swear, Rip knows when he sees one - he has two Cav friends and he just lights up!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Overload on puppy pictures! Never! Rhonda is adorable, so glad to hear she gets along with Rip! Congrats on your new addition!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

SO cute!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both your doggies are so sweet and cute!!! I just love your new pooch, she's so cute I want to reach into the pic and cuddle with her. And give Rip a big hug for me for being so nice to Rhonda! I'm so glad they are getting along well, they look adorable together! thanks for posting these pics, they cheered me up!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violet -- Rhonda's name cracks me up. I laugh every time I see it mentioned. I love it.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that info! I think we're kind of at the place where FI and I both want a dog at some point in the future, but not quite yet. We actually live in a rental house with a big yard, but not sure if we'll move again next year.

Right now, we have 2 cats + we're fostering a third. So we would need a dog who does well with cats. I probably want a dog who is laid back and not too hyper. I don't tend to like having a dog jumping all over me and licking my face all the time (admittedly, I'm pretty used to cats). I'm sure that's partly dependent on training.

Has Rip ever been around cats at all? My cats seem to do okay around dogs, as long as they don't bother them too much. FMIL has this little dog who is super hyper and will NOT leave the cats alone when we're visiting.

Honestly, I don't know that much about Cavs, but from the little I do know, they appeal to me. I like the idea of a smaller dog that's not too yippy and hyper, you know? I'd love to hear about Rip's activity level too! That's good that they do well in apartments. Even if we don't live in one, I would hate to get a dog that needs a ton of activity and not be able to always provide that.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
OH, and super happy to hear that they're not too vocal! I definitely want a quieter dog when it comes to that. So it's very important to me not to have a dog that's going to be constantly barking.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Awwww! She looks like a little bear cub! I love her.
Thank you for sharing her pictures...can't wait to watch her grow!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Violet~ I am starting a thread about my cavalier, Charlie Brown, here, in the Hangout :)) I hope you will enjoy seeing his photos.
He is a dear, little boy.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
violet, your puppy is just beautiful. You know what I first thought when I saw her though - retriever or lab mixed with huskie! Her face is the shape of a huskie and that would certainly explain the blue eyes! She is just adorable and cute and squishy, what a little darling!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks charbie! she's a sweetie pie :love:

honey22, we thought *maybe* huskie, as she does have a curled up tail, and those gorgeous eyes! the groomer thought possibly part huskie, but she's so little, and not likely to get bigger than 30 lbs. (thank goodness)

we are looking forward to seeing what she grows into!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and thank you amandine, junebug, and BEG - your kind words are so appreciated. right now she's sleeping on me and i'm loving the baby puppy face while she sleeps :love:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is so so cute!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, violet-

I really needed this thread! I love dogs and not only did I love seeing Rhonda, but I really enjoyed Rip, too. He is just adorable!!! Puppies are, by definition, too cute for words. So naturally I wanted to eat Rhonda up. But I felt the same way about Rip. I am so glad that he is enjoying his new sister! And like your husband, I feel bad that she gets lonely in her crate. Remember, she was with a family full of pups plus her mother before she came to you. Separating from them had to be hard. She probably gets comfort from being close to Rip; when she is made to leave him, it has be traumatic! Poor little girl!

I wish you and your family lots of warmth and love and joy. Please keep posting pictures. And thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks CJ2008!

Deb, so glad you got some joy out of Rip and Rhonda -- Ripley is the coolest dog ever! he's been my best friend for five years, and i love him to pieces. He's been so good with the new baby, and has just really taken to her. Yesterday, my 7 month old nephew came for a visit, and they all snuggled together on the couch for his nap :) i'll attach a picture.

and p.s. you are right about the crate and her being lonely, but she HAS to get used to it. there is no other way, and it stinks ;(

riprhondababy.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
So cute! Your little puppy is so fuzzy looking and adorable!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1290785395|2779685 said:
The cavalier lets her snuggle him, thankfully!

This is too cute. LOVE the name for her. Congratulations! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results