Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
random_thought|1290537365|2776893 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1290536278|2776851 said:
random_thought|1290535452|2776832 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1290531677|2776765 said:
random_thought|1290530793|2776751 said:
Noel- I'm so glad everything came out ok! I've been thinking and praying for you all week!!!

I could use some T&P today. I have a VERY important interview this afternoon. DH and I NEED this job, no ifs ands or buts, we NEED it. Apparently the owner of the company was talking to someone about how he needed to fill this position for (which I'm very qualified) to someone from my hometown. I'm not sure who he talked to but they recommended me for the position and mentioned that DH and I were having a VERY hard time with the economy. I sent them my resume after talking to the owner on the phone and they said my qualifications looked great which is a good sign. I'm also not yet showing so that is another good thing (I'm certainly not mentioning it at the interview!). Anyways, this job would solve all of our monetary problems and would really just be a true Christmas miracle. I'm trying to be optimistic without getting my hopes too high because I've had way too many disappointments in the last month or so, I'll keep you updated about what happens!

RT, I thought you had an awesome gig lined up after losing your job???

I thought I did too, but it turned out to be mediocre so I've been doing that and freelancing graphic designing while searching for a new job. We are getting by but it would be nice to have more money which this job would offer...

But...but they have a kitchen....with snacks!!! how can that be mediocre????

Lol well I usually work from home so I don't use that kitchen hardly at all! And the money we get from it is enough to pay bills, rent and food. I guess I would rather not be living paycheck to paycheck for awhile :) Also if I get this new job, I get 3 weeks paid time off straight away which would be great for maternity leave!!

RT - maybe I missed it since I don't post too much, but why would you quit an mediocre job if it meant not living paycheck to paycheck? :confused: I thought that you were promoted like right after they hired you? :confused: Sorry, just really confused here!

AFM - I'll be 30 weeks on Thanksgiving and feel bigger by the day. She kicks so hard sometimes that it hurts and already puts those little feet in my ribs. I'm also finding it hard to believe that in like 8 weeks we could have a baby! Where does the time go?!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
DivaDiamond007|1290564128|2777480 said:
random_thought|1290537365|2776893 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1290536278|2776851 said:
random_thought|1290535452|2776832 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1290531677|2776765 said:
random_thought|1290530793|2776751 said:
Noel- I'm so glad everything came out ok! I've been thinking and praying for you all week!!!

I could use some T&P today. I have a VERY important interview this afternoon. DH and I NEED this job, no ifs ands or buts, we NEED it. Apparently the owner of the company was talking to someone about how he needed to fill this position for (which I'm very qualified) to someone from my hometown. I'm not sure who he talked to but they recommended me for the position and mentioned that DH and I were having a VERY hard time with the economy. I sent them my resume after talking to the owner on the phone and they said my qualifications looked great which is a good sign. I'm also not yet showing so that is another good thing (I'm certainly not mentioning it at the interview!). Anyways, this job would solve all of our monetary problems and would really just be a true Christmas miracle. I'm trying to be optimistic without getting my hopes too high because I've had way too many disappointments in the last month or so, I'll keep you updated about what happens!

RT, I thought you had an awesome gig lined up after losing your job???

I thought I did too, but it turned out to be mediocre so I've been doing that and freelancing graphic designing while searching for a new job. We are getting by but it would be nice to have more money which this job would offer...

But...but they have a kitchen....with snacks!!! how can that be mediocre????

Lol well I usually work from home so I don't use that kitchen hardly at all! And the money we get from it is enough to pay bills, rent and food. I guess I would rather not be living paycheck to paycheck for awhile :) Also if I get this new job, I get 3 weeks paid time off straight away which would be great for maternity leave!!

RT - maybe I missed it since I don't post too much, but why would you quit an mediocre job if it meant not living paycheck to paycheck? :confused: I thought that you were promoted like right after they hired you? :confused: Sorry, just really confused here!

I was supposed to get promoted but I ended up only getting a couple hundred dollars worth of work every week or 2. Basically they led me on, didn't put it in writing, and I learned a big lesson. Sigh. Luckily DH makes enough at his job to keep us afloat. But I'd rather have a more stable position. I'm still working as an independent contractor at the place I was hired for a month or 2 ago while trying to find something better. I know it is confusing but thus that is my life story :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RT, coming from someone who's spouse lost a job right after the baby was born and is now struggling to make ends meet on one modest salary and UE, do NOT leave your job. Regardless of your feelings of it being mediocre, financial stability and a paycheck that pays the bills every month is MOST important right now. You can't be job hopping all the time with a little one to care for. Babies are insanely expensive and it's not even the big stuff that makes it that way. It's the little things you don't anticipate, like $15 for a bottle of mylicon. And the hospital bills don't help either. I have about $3k to pay a the moment. Yea, Santa's not coming to our house this year.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1290610220|2778052 said:
RT, coming from someone who's spouse lost a job right after the baby was born and is now struggling to make ends meet on one modest salary and UE, do NOT leave your job. Regardless of your feelings of it being mediocre, financial stability and a paycheck that pays the bills every month is MOST important right now. You can't be job hopping all the time with a little one to care for. Babies are insanely expensive and it's not even the big stuff that makes it that way. It's the little things you don't anticipate, like $15 for a bottle of mylicon. And the hospital bills don't help either. I have about $3k to pay a the moment. Yea, Santa's not coming to our house this year.

I'm not planning on leaving my current job. I'm just trying to find something better while I am at it (and my boss has actually encouraged me to do this because they know I need to be making more money). I think it probably got worded wrong. I was just bummed because I had thought I had finally found a better position but now have to wait to find out if I got it so it will be another tough month with us. Does that make better sense? Blame this on pregnancy brain...

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
and now back to your regularly programmed pregnancies...sorry for the threadjack

noel- how are you feeling?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
36w4d

sorry Hudson_Hawk and random_thought. I was just saying to my mom today that I'd rather have a medical problem (provided it's not terminal and that health insurance covers most of the costs) than a financial problem as the financial problems get worse (going in debt) and takes a lot of work and time (and sometimes luck) to get better, and it affects the whole family. wishing your young families all the best and sorry that it's crappy timing with the Holiday season.

AFM, my recovery is going smoothly. I'm not even experiencing much pain and don't need painkillers, though I do take them before I go to sleep. maybe once the bandage comes off (tomorrow), it'll be different. at least I have the stitches that dissolve and don't have to be taken out. today I went shopping, visited my brother and went to eat pancakes with my mom. I was out of the house all day.

Lynnie - sorry you have to work on Turkey Day, and I don't think anyone's complaints are small potatoes.

icekid - how exciting you know the birth date! but isn't there a small chance he might come on his own before Tuesday?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks noel- luckily we have family who have helped us a little with money over the holidays so we are able to celebrate with everyone still :) And a free turkey from work definitely helps too! I'm glad you are getting out and about, that is definitely a good sign!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Just de-lurking to say...
HH, I'm so sorry about you husband losing his job and all your financial difficulties -- and I think it's absolutely appalling that a fully insured person must still pay thousands of dollars in hospital bills after having a baby -- but I know the 3 of you will get through this and come out stronger on the other side.

And Noel, we don't "know" each other but I've been following your story, and I'm crossing my fingers for you and wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

And best wishes to all the other mommies in waiting! :bigsmile:

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Noel - SO glad your recovery is going so well!!! You're in my thoughts...

HH - Sorry to hear about your DH's job loss :(sad Hang in there and you will get thru it! I just wanted to mention also that Mylicon was a lifesaver for us, but after the 1st bottle I switched to walmart brand....same ingredients, half the price! In fact, I just picked up a bottle today for baby #2.

Everyone looks SO great, PS has some hot preggo ladies :bigsmile: Can't believe how close some of you are!!! Exciting!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Noel- I'm so happy to hear that both you and baby made it through the surgery safely! :appl:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
cdt1101|1290615004|2778131 said:
Noel - SO glad your recovery is going so well!!! You're in my thoughts...

HH - Sorry to hear about your DH's job loss :(sad Hang in there and you will get thru it! I just wanted to mention also that Mylicon was a lifesaver for us, but after the 1st bottle I switched to walmart brand....same ingredients, half the price! In fact, I just picked up a bottle today for baby #2.

Everyone looks SO great, PS has some hot preggo ladies :bigsmile: Can't believe how close some of you are!!! Exciting!

LOL thanks for the heads up cdt. The mylicon was just an example of the little things that you NEED but can be pricey. We buy the generic whenever possible.

And thanks everyone for your well wishes. DH lost his job after returning to work from paternity leave, so when A was 5 weeks or so? It is what it is...we just weren't expecting it and his company was really shady about it. I hadn't planned on having him home with us during leave, it was um...interesting. Nice in a way I guess because we didn't have to worry about one of us working while the other took the brunt of the baby responsibility. We were able to split things pretty equitably. But at this point I'm DONE with being home with him 24/7 and I can't wait to go back to work!!!!!!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Noel, so glad to hear that you pulled through OK and that your little princess is doing well. Awww, how cute that she's kicking to let you know she's rooting for mommy! You were on so many of our minds and I know many of us were praying for you and your baby. Yay, you must be so excited about seeing her for the first time.

You asked for a belly shot... Oh my, I am officially HUGE now. Please pardon the wet from the shower hair! I put these two together because it looks like a weight loss ad....IN REVERSE! Hahahahahahaha!!! Yeah, how funny that I worried initially about not putting on enough weight. As you can see, I have done well on that front... a little too well, maybe? :naughty: I should change my screen name to Moby!

ETA: Oops! Forgot to say I'm about 33 weeks! The before was at 8 weeks! Ch-Ch-Ch-Chaaaangeeeees! LOL

BlissWhale3.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Noel - So happy to hear that you're recovering well and that your little girl is so active. I'm so excited to find out what you're naming her!! A brady is when his heart rate drops, usually below 100, and a desat is the oxygen saturation lowering. They usually happen at the same time. It doesn't help that when the alarm goes off a red light flashes. That doesn't do anything for the nerves!

Lynnie - Thanks for the boob dust, lol. He seemed to know what to do, but was a little too tired for the attempt I think. He got around 4ml, which isn't a lot but I'll take it! You have to start somewhere. I hope you get your FMLA all figured out. You're sooooo close!! I'll also second that internals hurt!! I don't know why, but when they said they would check to see if I was dilated I really thought they meant they would try to see.... aka look not touch. Boy, was that a surprise. Nobody warned me about that!!

icekid - Your baby will be here so soon! I'm so excited to meet that little guy!! I can't remember, have you said what name you decided on?

HOU - Thank you so much for your insight. It's nice to hear that you think they really are that pleased with our LO. I was really starting to wonder if it was just a NICU thing to kind of help the parents feel better by under promising what was coming next, etc, you know? Keep the parents sane or something!!

Loves Vintage|1290525988|2776677 said:
Kunzite, Thank you for the update on Oliver! I was wondering how things were going. Hope you were able to visit yesterday and the storm didn't cause any troubles! I'd love to see a photo too if you have time to post! :))

LV - Ask and you will receive. I have no problem shamelessly posting my little guy!! How are you doing these days, old DD twin?

I call the first one, "If you don't take this gavage out, I'll do it for you.... again!!" The second one doesn't really show his face much but it does show off his cute hat that his night nurse knitted for him. He's already got three girlfriends... the flirt!!

IMG_05102.JPG

IMG_04772.JPG

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite -- oh my! He is so precious. Glad to hear he is doing well!

Noel -- So happy to hear you're feeling well ... you'll be meeting your sweet DD soon!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Noel: Glad to hear that things went okay and that you aren't in too much pain!

Kunzite: OMG! Total cuteness!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Re: 36w4d

noelwr|1290613054|2778090 said:
icekid - how exciting you know the birth date! but isn't there a small chance he might come on his own before Tuesday?

noel- definitely still possible! I had a bit of bloody show going on today, so we'll see! These babes definitely come on their own schedules.

Bliss- You look fabulous mama!

Kunzite- Oliver is sooo sweet. What a little doll. I am unsure about sharing our little guy's name here. It is unusual enough that it would easily identify me. Hmm.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Bliss~ You look stunning!!

Kunzite~ I was so happy to read that one of the nurses knitted a cap for Oliver. When Lily was in the NICU, the only thing that kept me sane was to know that those nurses really cared about her.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
noel, so happy to hear that your surgery went well. I admire your strength. my thoughts are with you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have been reading and not posting lately WOW so many things changing - dust to all the soon to be mum's for speedy and pain free deliveries :) - seriously so excited to see all the new bubba's soon :) YAY

noel YAY for the surgery going well I have been thinking of you and so happy to hear good news you are a trooper :) :D :D :D :D :D

Kunzite Awww I can see why he has GF's already I could see him wiggiling his way into the hearts of all he meets :)

Icekid Tuesday's not far - that is so exciting I am not sure I would be able to sleep if I were you I would be a bundle of I have no idea excitement I am sure :) - I can't wait to see pics of your little one

Bliss You are far from being a moby - very cute belly :)

Nothing much here to report - 25 wks tomorrow the little snot rag (aka DD) finally moved slightly for DH she has no problems playing bongo drums for me but someone else comes along - zip, nada, nothing no movement :rolleyes: I am telling DH she will take after him as she is already annoying me :razz:

Happy thanksgiving day to all the American mummies - I am not sure exactly when it is but I hope you all have a fantastic time with your families :)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - Ollie is so precious. I am sure he'll have many more girlfriends before he leaves the hospital, which we all hope is sooner than later. my heart really goes out to you seeing your LO hooked up to tubes and so forth. you are a very strong woman, too.

Bliss - you look fantastic. don't worry about weight (and a lot of it's in your boobs, hehe). I think it's an accomplishment that you can still wear the same top you were wearing at 8 weeks. you'll have your figure back in no time and make the rest of insanely jealous.

this doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy, but I finished this on the weekend to keep me busy during my maternity leave. another quilt painting as a Christmas present for my mom. now I have to finish a stocking for my brother. got to get this all done before the baby comes!

noelwrxmasangel.JPG

Sha

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful, noelwr! :appl: Such talent!

Glad to hear your surgery went well!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Coming out of lurker mode to say that's beautiful, noel! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery, and I'm sending you healing vibes.

(Happy Thanksgiving, Moms!)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Noel-So glad that your recovery is going smoothly :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: (your quilt is beautiful!!!!)

Kunzite-Oliver is adorable and seems to have quite the personality:)

Bliss-You look adorable and perfect, I don't see Moby anywhere:)! and I have no worries that your body will snap right back:)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Noel--
So glad to hear that your surgery went smoothly and you are recovering nicely.
Your no-sew quiltworks are beautiful.
They will be (along w/ your belly picture) great artwork for the nursery.
Not much longer before you little girl makes her appearance.

Kunzite--
:love: he's just precious.
I can see why she's got so many GFs.
And how nice of the night nurse to make that adorable hat for him.

Icekid--
Wow...next Tuesday already?
Where did the time go?
It seems like just yesterday you ladies announced you were pregnant.
Lots of dust for a quick and smooth labor.

Bliss--
Don't you just look adorable.
Moby my b*tt.
I agree w/ Noel in that it seems most of your weight gain goes into your belly and your girls :D

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Noel, delurking to tell you how incredibly happy I am for you that your surgery went well. You daughter is going to be so overwhelmed and feel so loved to learn how wonderful of a mother you have been to her from the start. You are such an amazing woman! :appl: :appl: :appl:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I decided I'm not going to breastfeed. I could out of one boob, but I think that will just be very confusing for DD as she will have to have supplement formula as well. rather there just be one source of food so she doesn't refuse one over the other.

anyone else not going to breastfeed (or maybe mothers who already had babies and didn't bf), and what are you going to do the first few days to keep the colostrum/milk suppression down? tight bra and cold compresses?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Noel~ I wasn't able to breastfeed either of my kids. WIth JT, I was trying a lot and my colostrum wasn't even producing. By the time my milk really came in, he was already on a bottle (well, finger feeding out of a bottle). I wore a bra 24-7 and took hot showers to relieve some of the pressure and took ibuprofen. With Lily, my colostrum came in right away but since she was away from me the first day I couldn't even try to feed her. When I was finally able to try, she wouldn't work for the breast so I was REALLY engorged. It took a month to dry up with her. I did the hot showers which I know made me produce more but I had to relieve the pressure. I leaked a ton when she cried. It may have taken longer to dry up due to the mommy instinct and having a "sick" baby, but I don't know for sure. Lots of women swear by cabbage leaves although the odor was too strong for me.

Oh, and invest in nipple pads. I went through several a day at first.

eta~ You are still going to be a fantastic Mama! I know how difficult it is to feel like you're not doing it the "right" way. If BFing is the one thing you can't do as a Mom, you're doing pretty darn good. Plus, Daddy can do some of those middle of the night feedings!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noel I dried up when Aidan was about 6 weeks. It took me about a month, but I tried the slow and steady approach because I was pumping 12 times a day and I was paranoid about mastitis. I wont talk about my pumping strategy because you're not pumping, but I tried the cabbage leaves and they did nothing but make me itch. What worked for me was sage, cold/icy compresses, compression, and ibuprofen. I drank a tablespoon of dried rubbed sage in a shot glass of V-8 juice (tomato juice) three times a day and wore a tight sports bra 24 hours a day. I just packed the ice packs inside the bra when I was uncomfortable and I made sure to take 800 mg of ibu every 4-6 hours for the pain.

One really really important thing to remember is you do NOT want to stimulate the girls in any way. Don't touch your nipples, even if they get yucky from leaking and don't let the water in the shower hit them. Just change your nursing pads and ignore them and pretend they're not there. Also, I found I was leaking so much and I got sweaty cleavage from the sports bra so I would put baby powder in my bra. It helped keep things dry and cut down on the funky smell.

ETA: It should really only take you a few days to notice good results because you're not feeding or pumping. I've heard the major discomfort only lasts like 24-48 hours and then gets better.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Noel, I just wanted to add that if you did decide you wanted to breast feed that I had Daisy on a total mix of breast-milk and formula for the first 5 weeks and then after that mainly breast-milk but more than a few bottles of formula.

She never had nipple confusion or rejected one over the other.

So definitely decide what works best for YOU rather than worrying that you might confuse DD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results