shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding band- antique style eternity w/ asscher e-ring!

Chi-amiGal

Rough_Rock
Hey Gals (& Guys)

Just thought I'd post a couple pics of the wedding band I just picked up!!!

I know it's generally best to avoid the malls, but a couple weeks ago I was browsing for wedding stuff with one of my bridesmaids and after perusing through an international jewelry exchange, we stumbled across an eternity band style that I really lusted after. I went back with my fiance & they priced it quite reasonably compared to a few of the other places I looked into (half the cost!!!).

The melee is sooooo tiny, and what was more important to me was the size/ shape of band itself, and this was the most delicate one I came across (size 3 fingers, so I wanted itty bitty). In the future, I may add another skinny pave eternity band (which was my fiance's preference for a band, but I am lovin' this look right now!! Paired with my asscher engagement ring, the band has a vintage/ antique feel to it, which is what I was going for.:)

The thing more pressing to me now is (and I know this goes in a totally different thread, but maybe you can chime in) I sort of had my first bridal dilemma tonight:(. By some miracle, I came across my DREAM wedding shoes- one remaining pair of Christian Louboutin heels in my size, in the color that I want, style, everything....that are 60% off!!!!(They're legit-at a Neiman Marcus Last Call). I know the cost is STILL quite a lot, but for anyone that knows about shoes- they are AMAZING!!! Funny thing is, I'm pretty much a laid back jeans and Cubs/ Bears jersey kinda gal (our reception's on a Wrigley rooftop this summer :twirl: ), but for any gal that dreams of wedding perfection- I know those shoes are like a cherry on top:). They won't break our budget, and like I said, we saved some $$ with the band, AND my dress (also 1/2 off b/c of an insanely lucky preowned find).. but my fiance is still having a hard time with any kind of shoes over $100. He's become a bit of a guitar collector, so I tried to liken it to his recent purchases of a Gibson Les Paul AND Martin, compared to a different brand-but it didn't really work...guess I'll either have to get over it and find another suitable pair, or we'll have to negotiate:) I'll let y'all know how that turns out- but any comments/ suggestions on the ring (or shoes) would be great:). Thanks!

wedding%20set.jpg pretty%20set.jpg pretty2.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New wedding band- antique style eternity w/ asscher e-ri

Chi-amigirl, your band is very beautiful and it looks amazing as a set with your ER :appl: Congratulations on a great find and on your upcoming wedding :appl:
As far as the Louboutin shoes are concerned: Girl, your wedding is a once in a lifetime experience and if you have already saved so much money from your initial budget (dress, band, etc), i think that you should get the shoes that make your heart sing :appl: Those shoes are of exquisite quality and usually very comfortable regardless of the heel height...i bet that you'll enjoy them on your wedding and then you'll keep on wearing and enjoying them on numerous occasions after the wedding...Tell your fiance that you won't be buying any new high heels any time soon and that these shoes will make you very happy....I believe that he'll be convinced at the end ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock

beautiful! I think the band looks great with your beautiful e-ring :)

Also, get the shoes. You love them and they are 60% off! If you can work it in the budget, get them :) Like Naty said, you saved on the dress-and if they are DREAM shoes and 60% off...then...for sure get them if you love them!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Wow, really great set! I love that it's not mathcy-matchy, but they "go". Great find! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the ring, but heck I want to see the shoes! Buy them buy them buy them. It sounds like you have saved money other places,
and they are a great deal. This is you big day, and this is exactly the kind of thing that makes it really special for you. It's all in
the little details. And for heavens sake, give us a picture girl!

Chi-amiGal

Rough_Rock

Hahaha- you guys are great! Thanks for all the love with the rings!!!

And I love all the shoe support!
So my fiance and I did strike a deal of sorts- With Black Friday, Day after Thanksgiving- whatever you want to call it... going on in a couple days- turns out the store should be having an additional 40% off your entire purchase (also FYI for anyone out there to brave the crowds).

I've NEVER done any of the Black Friday shopping, but I think I have to now:) The fiance joked that I should go back and hide the shoes in a couch cushion or something :lol: , but in all seriousness- I am gonna hold tight a couple days and cross my fingers that the shoes are still there!

If they are- then it was meant to be and I have no guilt over dropping that kind of $ on shoes (and hopefully they'll be even less!!!). Also, if I go today and get them, I'll feel a little guilty knowing I possibly could've saved more by holding out a couple days... I guess I'm willing to go all or nothing on this one:)

It's amazing how weddings can turn people into the ultimate deal diggers, isn't it??? Cross your fingers for me, and HOPEFULLY I WILL be posting pictures in a couple days :naughty: .

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

I think the band looks fantastic with your ring! And good luck with the Black Friday shopping! I'll cross my fingers for you!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

Love it! It looks great with your er.

afreebird

Shiny_Rock

Your rings are just exquisite! I see why you fell in love with that band.

Now go get those shoes! I had a beach wedding. I fell in love with a very simple dress that was actually cheap! But then I came across a pair of Guissepe Zanotti (sp?) shoes I had to have that cost as much as the dress. I'll never forget my dad's face when he checked them out when he got ready to "walk me down" the beach lawn. They're basically fancy flip-flops with crystal-studded skull and crossbones. I wanted to throw in some funk amidst all the frufru girliness, and when I first started dating my husband, I had a skull t-shirt that he loved, so it has some meaning for us. Truly,the shoes are more special to me than my dress!

stci

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! :love: :love:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

What a beautiful band, and paired with your gorgeous e-ring, I think it's quite perfect!

If you've managed to beat your budget in other areas, I say get the Louboutins!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

What a gorgeous set! I love it.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

I love the band...it's gorgeous! It looks great with your ring too...not matchy, but goes well.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock

Great find and makes a lovely set.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

The diamond band is perfect! Beautiful set!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

The band looks absolutely gorgeous with your e-ring!!!! I love the non-matchy look.
Do you have a link to a pic of these loubs? I really really want to see them!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty set!

And yes, definitely get those shoes! If it makes you feel better, I'm seriously thinking of dropping $2500 on a pair of shoes. There, yours are a bargain at 60% off!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

They look stunning together! I love the way the texture of the eternity band and the diamonds on the shank/band of the engagement ring both give that detail look that makes then a set with out them being matched perfectly. :love:

starshine

Shiny_Rock

LOVE IT!!! :love: Very nice choice! Congrats!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

As someone who bargains with her DH often... I say get the shoes!!!!!!!!!!! (love your set). It's your wedding day. I had a brain fart when it came to my wedding shoes and I can honestly say that you WILL remember your favorite (and not favorite) wedding pieces. 60% off! It was meant to be. Sometimes you gotta indulge. As long as it is within budget... just go for it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Your set looks great! Congrats on the great find :appl: And you better buy those shoes! (And of course post pics of them on here).

lookingforcushions

Rough_Rock

That's so beautiful! I love the unique setting and how they go so well together. :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your post made me laugh and got me confused as I really didn't understand lots of it (being a Brit)! For example, Wrigley rooftop??? We have Wrigley's spearmint chewing gum but somehow I don't think you mean that! As for Black Friday? That doesn't compute either! :loopy:

However, what most definitely I do understand is a girl with a burning desire for a pair of Louboutins! To be honest, I'd tell you NOT to wait until Black Friday (whenever that is). Good Louboutins AND with 60% off is a bargain! Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime event and just putting those babies on will make your day - not to mention, when you wear them everytime after that (and you MUST), hopefully it will bring back tons of happy memories.

So from a bling/shoe obsessed fellow forum poster my advice is BUY THE LOUBOUTINS NOW.

Oh, and I love your rings as well! :D

dbleplus

Rough_Rock

Oh wow, the set it so beautiful! The delicate antique-ness of the band with the modernity of the asscher is a lovely combination.

I had a good-natured giggle at Loving Diamonds' post since being from Chicago myself, also dating a guitar collector, *and* working retail, your initial comment made all too much sense to me. :) LD- Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when all the big retailers have giant sales to get people out and shopping for Christmas and it is total madness in most cases...people lining up at 2 and 3am to get into stores, getting trampled and arguing over the last of something, retail employees wanting to cry, heh, and Wrigley Field is where the Chicago Cubs (baseball team) call home. The surrounding neighborhood is called Wrigleyville and lots of the apartment buildings surrounding the stadium have rooftop decks so fans can watch the games from there. Ok, TMI! Sorry! :)

Anyway Chi-amigal, congrats on the set and remember, its easier to house a shoe collection in your place than it is to house a guitar collection. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results